I had a cool idea for a raid boss after reading about sarlaacs. wouldn't it be cool if your traversing a new large open raid, and suddenly a sarlaac pops up? when their young they can move about, and they all have many tentacles and such. my proposition? so it pops up from the ground and instantly chaos ensues. one team, comprised of a tank, 2 DPS and a healer (or w.e for a 16 man) keep the beast occupied on the outside, killing tentacles and generally giving it a bad day. meanwhile team 2 move in close, to be swallowed up, their goal is to destroy its major organs while fighting off whatever its swallowed, and inside defended like inner tentacles, not-so-micro organisms, maybe worms or such. as seen as the sarlaac can control its eaten prey using its digestive fluids, other such obstacles could be nightmares, mobs that maybe aren't there, or constantly be moving in fear of being controlled and turning on your team mates.

this was just a thought I had while fighting off tfb (and being sick of fighting the dread masters in some way or another) I'd personally like to see a more open world based raid, maybe set in a canyon, an enclosed section of desert or such. I'd even like to see the yuuzhan gong! (perhaps a scouting party in search of a viable new home planet ahead of the live ships perhaps) I don't know, my ideas are novice, just in search of a fresh new raid to make me go wow with all the fresh new shiny things that could be potentially put in place :) anyone else have any ideas?

If I remember correctly there is an achievement in game for killing a Sarlacc. Now I've never seen any official confirmation on this but data mined strings suggested the original secret boss of S&V was meant to be the Sarlaac pit before Thrashers room not Hateful though changed at the last minute due to time constraints.

If true that means the Devs were certainly considering the idea, though it's unlikely we'll be going to an operation on another desert world any time soon for varieties sake (it's a big old galaxy out there) but it would make a cool event/world boss for Tatooine.