Explosive Conflict: 0/4 (SM, HM, NM) 8man & 16man

Terror from Beyond: 0/5 (SM, HM) 8man & 16man

Asation: 0/5 (SM, HM) 8man & 16man

Denova: 0/5 (SM, HM) 8man & 16man

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Vorgath on nightmare feels undertuned compared to Kephess or the tanks. As do Toth and Zorn (they are now the easiest boss in the instance rather than, arguably, the hardest in HM)... I think BW wanted to make it easy to access the only source of Hazmat earpieces.

I actually don't feel that T&Z are the easiest in NiM *or* the hardest in HM. I do think they are slightly undertuned, but not by all that much. They feel largely the same to me. Ironically, all of our issues downing them (we usually take 2-3 shots) are related to DPS. Their HP triggers still bug horribly if you push them too fast. We've actually had Toth leap to Zorn during Sonic Paralysis before my cotank's stun break had even come off of cooldown, so we couldn't pull them apart for a few seconds. If you don't break Bioware's DPS assumptions though, they're not at all a difficult boss in either mode. Kephess is substantially harder, and Vorgath has always been the easiest (like I said, very nearly a 7-man one shot). It's really the hover tanks that have moved in difficulty, from easier than T&Z in HM to substantially more challenging in NiM.

We've actually had Toth leap to Zorn during Sonic Paralysis before my cotank's stun break had even come off of cooldown, so we couldn't pull them apart for a few seconds. If you don't break Bioware's DPS assumptions though, they're not at all a difficult boss in either mode.

I think Toth and Zorn is the first fight the really requires tank swapping and coordination that can be very unforgiving of a miss-click , plus if you're going into HM with the poorly itemized stock rakata gear enrage times can be rough when everyone is learning the fight.

We were certainly having trouble with causing early jumps in HM, knowing this I tweaked the strategy going into NiM to avoid this. Having gear and with only subtle changes to the fight makes this fight seem really easy.

The removal of overloads from the big droids does kind of make it seem like Vorgath is nerfed in NiM.

The removal of overloads from the big droids does kind of make it seem like Vorgath is nerfed in NiM.
I suspect that the probe droid overloads being gone in NiM was unintentional, in the same way that addiing calibrated shots to the three starter droids on Kephiss SM & HM was probably unintentional as well.

I suspect that the probe droid overloads being gone in NiM was unintentional, in the same way that addiing calibrated shots to the three starter droids on Kephiss SM & HM was probably unintentional as well.

Maybe. They added some mechanics though, like the extra cleanse, the frontal cone and the Cleave as an AoE. I think they probably believe that making the exploding droids immune to CC would make that phase more of a challenge than it actually does. Lending credence to my belief that Bioware really has no idea how much DPS some classes are capable of doing…

Random thought: if you had 4 melee DPS, Vorgath would probably be unkillable due to the exploding droids.

Maybe. They added some mechanics though, like the extra cleanse, the frontal cone and the Cleave as an AoE. I think they probably believe that making the exploding droids immune to CC would make that phase more of a challenge than it actually does. Lending credence to my belief that Bioware really has no idea how much DPS some classes are capable of doing…

Random thought: if you had 4 melee DPS, Vorgath would probably be unkillable due to the exploding droids.

Nemesis has done nightmare 3/4 2 weeks in a row now (we're sitting on Kephess this week currently) with 4 melee DPS, a Juggernaut, a Marauder and 2 Powertechs. We just have the tank or the Marauder pop the assassin droids.

Edited by wadecounty