HK-51: How do you get him on hoth

MandalorianOsevn

How do you get the quest to to build HK-51? I was told part of it was beating foundry i beat foundry and malgus said he was "salavageable" and thats it no special HK parts dropped or anything(if there are any). Ifound the ship that contains him but theres a red barrier so i need a quest to get in. question what npc has the quest and where can i find him.

UPDATE BELOW

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is only a theory but with the evidence i have im pretty sure this how you get HK-51 the bad news is you have to be Level 50 to get him, let me break this down into something that makes sense and is understandable.

The Foundry: after being the foundry flashpoint and defeating HK-47 malgus claims to takes the remains to get HK-47 for himself because he can be "rebuilt" also take note that this flashpoint is empire and republic.

The Fatality Crash: this is gome to HK-51 in the codex it says the crash was full of HK-51 droids in the game when you visit theres a red barrier that blocks you from going in (because you dont have the quest) the quest exsist we dont know where.

The quest to get hk-51 involves you getting parts to build him so we need a piece to start out with right? there must be a quest to recieve his pieces so we can get the quest this quest is empire and republic as well

[spoiler ALERT BELOW]

This part IS theory but it makes sense. In the flashpoint "The False Emperor" the Republic and Sith must defeat Darth Malgus. in this flashpoint malgus rebuilt HK-47 again and like foundry you have to beat HK-47 after this final defeat its most likely you recieve his remains. This flashpoint is Level 50 for both the republic and sith.

My theory and conclusion

all these that i mentioned above make sense in the way they fit each other foundry led to hk remains being built by malgus only to have you fight him again at the level 50 flashpoint since malgus is gone and the most powerful hk assassin droid laying scrap who will take the reamins? you of course! you then go to hoth where you find someone or something who knows how they can use the "hk parts" this will then have you travel around hoth to get the final pieces to make the bonus companion.

Edited by MandalorianOsevn

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The questlines begin with

Empire: http://www.torhead.com/mission/9PS3YB7

republic: http://www.torhead.com/mission/8E7VMls

at the crash site there is a red gate so you cant enter without the quest.

I've finished the hoth quests and never found the quest giver (its a droid) and since its a level 40 quest i doubt you need to do the bonus series.

i found general varkun a bit to the east, near the medical droid. for the empire quest.

So yeah, i don't think it's ingame yet, the droids sending you to the crash site are as far as i know not ingame yet. And i could not find the droids on online databases,

on a sidenote, if i'm correct he also wasn't available on the beta.

Where did you find the ship? I did foundry, I'm level 47 and I've been looking desperately for a confirmation that he's even in the game. I've wasted 2 days on this now ><.

Just found the ship, still no entry available. Doing the bonus quest now.

Edited by JoltRoGuE

Would be nice if we could get some SWTOR admin to confirm that they didn't take him out of the game. Feel like I've wasted several days. I gave up.

He has technically never been 'in' the game, he has just been in the files. There are a lot of files for him.

Regarding the OP's "theory", NO! HK-51 is not HK-47. I've said it many times before and sadly I'm sure I'm going to have to say it many times again. Assuming you even could get HK-47's remains, they would have nothing to do with recruiting HK-51.

I 've heard rumor he's been taken out all together.

Other then that I think he'll come in a patch. Could you give us an answer Bioware?

For him to be taken out he would of had to have been put in to begin with. He clearly was meant as a surpise that they kept out of Beta to try and keep the lid on. That plan was ruined when people figured out how to extract script files and voice files from the beta client, but that just emans we know what our present is before we get it. Give it time and I'm sure he'll be added in soon.

Regarding the OP's "theory", NO! HK-51 is not HK-47. I've said it many times before and sadly I'm sure I'm going to have to say it many times again. Assuming you even could get HK-47's remains, they would have nothing to do with recruiting HK-51.

For him to be taken out he would of had to have been put in to begin with. He clearly was meant as a surpise that they kept out of Beta to try and keep the lid on. That plan was ruined when people figured out how to extract script files and voice files from the beta client, but that just emans we know what our present is before we get it. Give it time and I'm sure he'll be added in soon.

Go play KOTOR 2 HK mentiones how there are an exact replica of him made with all the same parts and what not. and what better reason do you have for him not showing up on ANY quest that people not level 50 have done so far? you dont find it odd how these are all linked somehow??

Go play KOTOR 2 HK mentiones how there are an exact replica of him made with all the same parts and what not. and what better reason do you have for him not showing up on ANY quest that people not level 50 have done so far? you dont find it odd how these are all linked somehow??

KotOR2 is more or less ret-conned. Anything in it is irrelevant at this point. They removed everything interesting in it.

Oh for the love of....I've read the freaking dialogue files for HK-51 and the quests to get him! He is a fully functional HK-51 unit that was built in the factory that was in the cut content of KOTOR 2. A ship full of HK-51s crashed on Hoth back during the time of KOTOR 2 following a batch of HK-50s destroying the lab that they were made in making these HK-51s the last and only mass produced batch of fully working HK units. The quest to recruit HK-51 is creating a spike to make him view you as his master.

He refers to organics as organics and not as meatbags. He believes in the Maker. You are his first (and if you get his last dialogue) only owner. Now can we stop with this incorrect HK-47=HK-51 nonsense?

Edited by Ranadiel_Marius

Technically, the HK series are replicas. So saying HK-51 is not TECHNICALLY HK-47 is wrong. Sure they're not physically the same, but their implants are identical. HK-51 is even a recoloured version of HK-47. Had it been a different droid would it be easier to determine.

Edit: come to think of it, Revan did custom-build HK-47, but I don't recall whether or not he used that custom built HK-47 as a fabricant default in his "assassination droid" army.

Edited by Sarah_Kerrigan

[spoiler ALERT BELOW]

This part IS theory but it makes sense. In the flashpoint "The False Emperor" the Republic and Sith must defeat Darth Malgus. in this flashpoint malgus rebuilt HK-47 again and like foundry you have to beat HK-47 after this final defeat its most likely you recieve his remains. This flashpoint is Level 50 for both the republic and sith.

My theory and conclusion

all these that i mentioned above make sense in the way they fit each other foundry led to hk remains being built by malgus only to have you fight him again at the level 50 flashpoint since malgus is gone and the most powerful hk assassin droid laying scrap who will take the reamins? you of course! you then go to hoth where you find someone or something who knows how they can use the "hk parts" this will then have you travel around hoth to get the final pieces to make the bonus companion.

I would just like to let everyone know, I beat The False Emperor yesterday on my level 50 and it does not link to HK-51 in any way.

So I just to the crash site today, and based on how everything in the game works, I think it is safe to say that the quest to get HK-51 is a level 38ish quest. This further emphasizes

Technically, the HK series are replicas. So saying HK-51 is not TECHNICALLY HK-47 is wrong. Sure they're not physically the same, but their implants are identical. HK-51 is even a recoloured version of HK-47. Had it been a different droid would it be easier to determine.

Edit: come to think of it, Revan did custom-build HK-47, but I don't recall whether or not he used that custom built HK-47 as a fabricant default in his "assassination droid" army.

*headdesk* They are physically different beings. They have different programming. They have different memories. I'm pretty sure they weren't built using the exact same schematics since they would both have the same designation then. So how exactly is Hk-47 Hk-51 then? Even in a technical sense? They are of the same series of droids. They have similar schematics and that is it. They are not the same droid.