Petition: Odessan Stronghold

MitchellNew

Okay, in my honest to god opinion, we have enough city-scape strongholds, Nar Shaddaa, Coruscant and Dromund Kaas.

The only place that qualifies as a nature themed stronghold is Yavin 4, Tat in no way is considered a nature based stronghold, when I think nature, I think trees, bushes, grass, and animals making babies in the back yard (that last bit was a joke btw lol).

I hear a lot that people want a Zakuul Stronghold, but seriously do we need another one? no, we got enough city based Strongholds for now, if any strong hold should be made, it should be an Odessan stronghold, besides, it's located in one of the safest parts of the galaxy for your character to be in at the moment in the story, story-wise Arcaan would find you a lot sooner if you had a home on his own capital planet. It's like a Jedi decided he/she wanted to live on Dromund Kaas.

Odessan is a beautiful planet (as far as we can tell), It's balanced in the force, it's not a Gaudy saturated jungle like Yavin either, it's just a nice, simple, forested landscape. Odessan stronghold could be that secluded nature retreat in the wilds when wanting to escape the responsibilities of the war and the fans begging for your autograph.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is... Please give us a better/another nature based Stronghold.

Edited by MitchellNew

Alderaan is still my first choice for another stronghold. I just love Alderaan but if they can't give us Alderraan I would setttle for this.

Though my boyfriend and I would have to discuss whether or not to truly buy it since we can only have 4 and we would still hope they would eventually add Alderaan .

Tatooine is definitely a nature stronghold - it's just a desert environment. I use it as a base on a desolate planet (like Mars!) and have built a secret research base on it.

That said, I'm a big fan of trees, so I'd definitely be down for some more "biological" strongholds. Odessan is a pretty place that would make sense Lore-wise for the player character to have some kind of fortress, but I'm still holding out for Alderaan.

I really love the idea of having a stronghold on Odessen. Story-wise, considering what Master Satele says at the end of the last available chapter in the current storyline, I believe more shall happen in the future on this planet so there might be a reason for it not having a stronghold. Although I really hope I'm wrong.

Honestly Id rather they fix some decos first - 4.0 broke a few decos and the ones they added aren't worth using bc the hooks they are assigned to aren't even usable. Id still rather have an Oricon / Manaan SH over Odessan. Manaan is by far the most popular choice.

The only place that qualifies as a nature themed stronghold is Yavin 4, Tat in no way is considered a nature based stronghold, when I think nature, I think trees, bushes, grass, and animals making babies in the back yard (that last bit was a joke btw lol).

The Tatooine SH is considered as nature-based by me. Deserts are perfectly natural places. The amount of wildlife depends strongly on the desert - Antarctica has hardly any wildlife, but for example the deserts in the American Southwest, where my wife grew up, have a fair amount, most of it venomous.

Honestly Id rather they fix some decos first - 4.0 broke a few decos and the ones they added aren't worth using bc the hooks they are assigned to aren't even usable. Id still rather have an Oricon / Manaan SH over Odessan. Manaan is by far the most popular choice.

Popular sometimes doesn't count. Yavin was barely mentioned in the forums about a new stronghold yet that was the one they gave us.

Popular sometimes doesn't count. Yavin was barely mentioned in the forums about a new stronghold yet that was the one they gave us.

As much as I want Manaan, I would have to agree with this post....

Odessan does make sense with regard to the story unfolding.

However, not another one with way too much land, I would prefer a large structure without the need to go long distances to see the rooms. In reality, I would be happy with another floor added to DK, which, IMO is still the best SH in the game. It just needs to be a tad larger (a few more rooms) and a star ship hook.

• 2 weeks later...

I like nature based strongholds too, but after spending umpty million credits on a Yavin 4 stronghold, I'd have to say I'm very disappointed in it. Yavin has lots of nice places to put statues, and other large objects, but it doesn't have enough rooms to put indoor stuff like a bedroom, or science lab, etc, like Tatooine does. And, what rooms it does have have no doors (makes for an odd bedroom) and poorly placed hooks.

So, if they do make a new Odessan SH, I hope it has a better layout than Yavin 4 - and doors!.

P.S. I also wish there was a way to sell your SH. I'd unload Yavin real cheap. I stripped all the decos out of my Tatooine SH - and deleted NS - only to now want to put most of it back in Tattoine. :eek::mad:

Problem with Odessan is your not supposed to go there until the kotfe storyline, if nothing else they wouldnt be able to put an "Exit to Odessan option " on it, unless they figured a way to flag it so you cant til KOTFE, amd it took them a year to fix SOR romance flags... just sayin... :D

until you (bioware) don't have plans to destroy that "rebel" base in incoming chapters

well it's a lush place, with waterfalls, nice perspectives and caves possibilities and most of all strong in the force but balanced

/signed