Balmorra Traken 4 legacy

I also liked the quest. At first, i didn't notice you can judge by the terminals if the pillar is on so i was just looking at blinking lights.. Then i didn't read the quest so had to come up with the way they function by myself.. But once i did it was fun. We did it with the other person (took us an hour...), and the other person had really no clue as to what to do so was just killing the adds :)

This is like the only challenging puzzle in the game and people are complaining?

Yeah, it forced me to actually take a piece of paper and draw this out in order to solve it - which is why I really, really enjoyed it. They don't make puzzles in games like they used to...

Also, people who say that this tests your patience apparently never saw old adventure games in pre-internet-walkthrough times when you actually could spend days unraveling certain puzzles. Feeds the nostalgia a bit :>

BTW, if you want a trivlal to memorize (albeit requiring a ton of steps) method of doing this.

Think of the lights as a 3x3 table. 0 are off and 1 are on. Memorize or note down the setting, for example:

0 1 0

0 0 1

0 1 0

Now, click once on all the zeroes (dark ones). This should result in a new setting, in this case:

0 0 1

0 0 0

0 0 1

Again, click once on all the dark ones and memorize the new table:

1 1 1

0 1 0

1 1 1

Keep doing it...

1 0 1

0 1 0

1 0 1

And again...

1 1 1

1 1 1

1 1 1

Fun fact: if at every state, you switch once exactly the pylons that are dark at this stage, you will eventually appear at a stage where all the pylons are lit.

BTW, if you want a trivlal to memorize (albeit requiring a ton of steps) method of doing this.

Think of the lights as a 3x3 table. 0 are off and 1 are on. Memorize or note down the setting, for example:

0 1 0

0 0 1

0 1 0

Now, click once on all the zeroes (dark ones). This should result in a new setting, in this case:

0 0 1

0 0 0

0 0 1

Again, click once on all the dark ones and memorize the new table:

1 1 1

0 1 0

1 1 1

Keep doing it...

1 0 1

0 1 0

1 0 1

And again...

1 1 1

1 1 1

1 1 1

Fun fact: if at every state, you switch once exactly the pylons that are dark at this stage, you will eventually appear at a stage where all the pylons are lit.

This. Just did the quest and came to post this solution, can't believe it took this long to post it. Props though for beating me to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I thought the quest was a good idea, personally. However, if your aren't able to figure it out (or don't like logic puzzles in your mindless gaming) I can understand where it would be frustrating for you, and you have my sympathies. What I found most frustrating is after my questing partner and I figured the thing out without help, we cant even with help find the ship. Nothing the resembles a "ship" or a "wing" as was mentioned by a poster on Torhead was visible.

• 3 weeks later...
What I found most frustrating is after my questing partner and I figured the thing out without help, we cant even with help find the ship. Nothing the resembles a "ship" or a "wing" as was mentioned by a poster on Torhead was visible.

funny. just enable the cannon and look at it. it fires at a ship flying around, watch where the ship crashs, loot it -> profit.

• 3 months later...
and also do or do not there is no try ... best option is do not it will be cut anyway there is a high chance it will

You respond to a thread that hasn't lived for over 90+ days! Then you say some bokern engrish about it being cut, or high chance it will. So you know this how? Ouija, tarot, crystal ball or just a shot in the dark.

• 5 months later...
After wasting 10 minutes I found the secret-- it's a secret button called "Abandon". Worked well for me and cruised right out of there. For puzzle people, have a blast. For the rest the button works best. :)

Or you could google a bit and read up the theory behind it and solve the puzzle: http://mathworld.wolfram.com/LightsOutPuzzle.html

One thing the page does not mention is matrix algebra is valid over any field, not just R. And a set of integers modulo prime (2 in this case) is a field.

Also, let dead threads lie :)

• 1 year later...
After wasting 10 minutes I found the secret-- it's a secret button called "Abandon". Worked well for me and cruised right out of there. For puzzle people, have a blast. For the rest the button works best. :)

LOL had a good laugh at this one, funny. Big mistake is that its in a public area, i solved it and then boom, someone changed it while we were going for guns, changed more than one so then tried to join the person to the group and continued to hit when asked not to. We hit abandon as well, no point to this and not worth the hassle. I enjoyed the puzzle but even with teamwork - not worth the reward. I know lots who just skip it as its a waste of time if you play in prime time. :rak_01:

This is like the only challenging puzzle in the game and people are complaining?

Yeah, it forced me to actually take a piece of paper and draw this out in order to solve it - which is why I really, really enjoyed it. They don't make puzzles in games like they used to...

Also, people who say that this tests your patience apparently never saw old adventure games in pre-internet-walkthrough times when you actually could spend days unraveling certain puzzles. Feeds the nostalgia a bit :>

^^This.

I think most of the people whining in this thread have never played The Secret World (which you should try, if you haven't--it's full of quests like this one), or really any mentally challenging games.

^^This.

I think most of the people whining in this thread have never played The Secret World (which you should try, if you haven't--it's full of quests like this one), or really any mentally challenging games.

I think most of you missed the part where even if you know how to solve it, all it takes is one idiot in the area randomly clicking to screw it up.

If this was something in a story area so it was just yourself or your group, it would be much better. Out in the open it is one of the most annoying missions ever, and one I tried to complete once, but will never bother with again.

I think most of you missed the part where even if you know how to solve it, all it takes is one idiot in the area randomly clicking to screw it up.

If this was something in a story area so it was just yourself or your group, it would be much better. Out in the open it is one of the most annoying missions ever, and one I tried to complete once, but will never bother with again.

I will freely admit, that's a very good point. My playtime is generally very late at night/early morning, so I usually don't have to worry about morons wandering through and spoiling my fun.

• 2 months later...

Another way of solving it is to hit buttons randomly until you get a pattern of lights that is symmetrical about an axis drawn through the centre light. There are 4 possible axes - horizontal through the centre, vertical through the centre, and the two diagonals through the centre.

Once you obtain a symmetrical pattern, as long as you keep clicking mirrored switches in pairs (or single switches on the axis) you will eventually get the solution. For example, if the symmetry is about the diagonal axis running from top right to bottom left, you might activate the top left and bottom right switches as they are one mirror image set of switches about the axis. Doing this will give you another symmetric pattern around the same axis.

So once you have a symmetric pattern, you just keep hitting mirrored switches until you get the final symmetric pattern of all lights on.

Edited by Imrahilz

• 7 months later...

1--2--3

4--5--6

7--8--9

#1 At the front of the base and furthest left.

#2 Right next to the base (To your left if you are facing the base and in the far back)

#3 Third closet to the turret and the base.

#4 Near the pond by a bunch of debris.

#5 Center power transformer connected to the four other transformers in a "cross" pattern.

#6 In front of #9 and next to #3 if you are going counterclock wise.

#7 Near toxin pond to the left of the turret right behind the turret.

#8 Next to the Turret and between #7 (left back) and #9 (right)

#9 Connected to the Turret

As one person said, get all the lights off except #9 and start from there. I'm not good with grids, but I'm hoping someone will make a step by step process on how to get it to work. Someone had to help me to do this quest, but I hope this descriptive map helps others.

Edited by adproduction

• 6 months later...
My concern is not about the puzzle; this thread was very helpful with that. My problem is it says shoot down, and search a ship. I did the puzzle, and the battery activated shooting down a ship, I suppose, but I cannot find said ship to search it. There are no markers on my map to guide me, and the one "ship" I've found looks like half a ship. it's rather close to the battery, but there is nothing on it to activate to "search" it. There are no mission items to activate to search it. What am I doing wrong?