What the Inquisitor Armor *Should* Look Like

Tgirgis

I know, there's a ton of threads about giving the inquisitor more options than robes/skirts, but here are my thoughts on the matter.

I won't even get into how much I hate the end game "sith peacock" set but I will say that armors in this game need to be simplified. Much of the game uses classic Star Wars styling that we see in the movies (like the starships, droids, architecture, the fact that all bounty hunters look like Boba Fett, etc.) and a lot of this iconic styling is great, it really sets the classic "Star Wars" ambiance, but Imagine my dismay when I discovered that there is just about nothing for either the Jedi consular or the Sith inquisitor that feels like the simple robes we see in almost every star wars movie or game. You're telling me we have 500,000 Boba Fetts walking around and 300,000 Clone Troopers strolling by, but not a single Jedi/Sith outfit that feels like it's from Star Wars?

The light armor styles need to be very similar to what we see in the movies, as many other classes got to have classic Star Wars inspired gear. Here are some examples of the light armor styling I would love to see in the game, yes, some of them are from SWG, and others are from Kotor.

SWG: Classic Star Wars Styling

1. http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/astronaut2244/screenShot0079.jpg

2. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/355/elderjedioppressorrobejh8.jpg/sr=1

3. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/76/elderjediarbiterrobevd0.jpg/sr=1

4. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/53/padawanrobeuniformpackaej6.jpg/sr=1

KOTOR: I especially loved the Sith at the academy wearing the Imperial Officer's Uniform, it really connected the sith as part of the military

1. http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/gnomecookie/KOTOR%2520PICTURES/UtharWynn.jpg

2. http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/9/99/Sith_Academy_lightsaber_training.jpg

3. http://firsthour.net/screenshots/knights-of-the-old-republic/knights-of-the-old-republic-sith-apprentices.jpg

4. http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/b/b6/BandonsLastStandOnManaan-KOTOR.jpg

I'm not saying they should get rid of the armors that are already in the game, I'm sure some people really like them, but they should consider giving us options to choose from!

Edited by Tgirgis

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Sorcerer and I agree there is very little in my wardrobe that really says STARWARS to me, it more I'M A LIGHTING MAGE!! I don't feel much like emperor palpatine or anything, I think they're using the movies for inspiration a great deal when they made this, KOTOR was the best inspiration they needed, the robes in it were sufficiantly starwarsy but also different from all that george lucas classical sick making stuff, sorry for the rage its just it gets old after a while seeing boba fett ripoff 342 go by.

The robes styling here seems to have gone from KOTOR in a massive leap forward in time to modern jedi styling how did that happen lore wise, some revolusionary jedi stylist??! The fact that KOTOR had an odd more archiac styling that didnt quite scream the classical trilogy set it apart, it also made sense from a lore standpoint as it was 4000 years ago, TOR should be doing this as well.

Edited by Aezikial

/signed

I feel nothing like a Sith Lord really, I feel more like a typical fantasy game Mage. What kinda Jedi/Sith can't actually wear the iconic Jedi robe? :eek:

The traditional style, from the movies and artwork, that people recognise as 'Jedi', should be available.

Edited by Soazak

I also agree, I am not a fan of the wardrobe options so far in this game at all, I like the simple outfits from SWG you show here. Unfortunately at the high end, if they keep their current non-removable armoring slot, they would have to make the armoring piece removable probably to keep any look you actually liked, or add a appearance tab. I would prefer though that they just used their neat modifiable equipment feature to address that.

I one hundred percent agree Aezikial, honestly the Boba Fett Armor should never have been put in, apparently that armor stuck around for 3700 years lol, but just the fact that they did put it in to give bounty hunters that iconic Star Wars feel but didnt give us any Jedi/Sith outfits that are at all inspired by Star Wars drives me nuts. Its like the developers are on some sort of mission to make the Jedi/Sith *not* feel like they are Jedi/Sith, you can either choose to be a plate armor wearing paladin with a lightsaber, or a mage with a skirt and a laser stat stick.

I mean come on already bioware, what is the big deal? why cant we just feel like the Jedi/Sith that we've waited *so* long to play?!

Edited by Tgirgis

I for one find the pvp sorcerer gear to be amazing

To each their own, I'm not saying they should remove this armor styling, I would just love it if they gave us the option of armors that look more like the classic Star Wars Sith.

Inquisitor barely has that option, you can only get lucky enough to find 1 or 2 things throught the entire game experiance which allows you to wear pants, but still feels nothing like Star Wars.

I would love something like Darth Maul's outfit.

You know if you want Jedi robes so badly ... maybe you want to switch to playing a Jedi?

Also an amusing sidenote, our consular cousins on the other hand are "sick" of the brown Jedi robes and want something more epic.

So I absolutely disagree, I like the current armor alot (Centurion pvp is my favourite by far) .

None of the Jedi Robes really resemble the classic star wars jedi style in my opinion, what the consulars are sick of is not what I am asking for, I still dont think the consular can wear anything that at all resembles:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/SWG%20dark%20Jedi%20Robe/astronaut2244/screenShot0079.jpg

Again, its all a matter of personal opinion, I would just like to have the option wear something like the outfit linked above.

As a Consular and just starting an Inquisitor (making the Empire couterpart to my Shadow), I can say that the Consulars that are complaining about their kit are mainly looking for non-skirt lowers, as at present we're limited to a couple available from Alderaan commendation vendors. I think most would be happier if they could equip something that's more classically Star Wars in appearance, or looks more like Satele Shan.

I loved the KOTOR look when I played them both, as they were recognisable enough to be Star Wars, but distinct from the films' styling. I think if Bioware had kept that look going it would've been win-win as far as things go. The Sith Apprentices shot the OP linked to could've been a wonderful compromise. Personally, I'd like my Sith Assassin to look something like this - Assassin (obviously with a lightsaber/saberstaff instead of the blaster) - but I can see why they might not.

I do like that the dev team have tried to make a look for the game, but some of it just doesn't scream 'Star Wars' to me. The 'peacock' from the endgame armour looks quite cool, but doesn't immediately make me think that it's a feared Sith Inquisitor, more an ostentatious Imperial official. But, the Consulars don't get kit that's any better!

Tim

Honestly if you look at the classes anyway I would have prefered to have two other classes instead of having force using jedi and light saber using jedi, same for sith and have a hybrid pick and mix scheme where if you wished you could opt for melee or ranged attacks. I guess it woud be a ***** to balance but it would make sense to me lore wise.

I disagree, the sith of this game are not the same sith in the movies. They like to flant their power and "simple robes" are not their style (the pvp gear looks great btw) and art wise it is a bold and powerful design that they went with, last I checked bold and powerful was very sith.

The fact that the sith don't look the same as the movie versions is a good thing, it sets them apart from the movie giveing them some unique looks and in the movies the Sith were hideing from their enemy the Jedi, and in this game they are not. However i will admit that in would like to see the pointy wizard hat go away thats just absurd, maybe a hood with a mask instead?

I'm not fond of the conehead either, and what's with the spray painted canoes for shoulderpads? Other than the BT robes, the quest reward for the Revanite questline on DK is the closest to classic SW I've seen that's moddable. Edited by Aristopantys

I'm very curious as to why top end ops gear has me showing off my belly? I didn't realize that darths in this time period were skanks. If I could perhaps get half the material in those silly shoulders to cover my waist I'd feel like I was out to kill the Empire's greatest foes, not to dance on some tables in Nar Shaddaa.

The Champion gear on the other hand looks very good- I know the peacock feathers got made fun of alot, but I think it looks very nice and enjoy the sort of... crazy sith look it and some other outfits give.

I disagree, the sith of this game are not the same sith in the movies. They like to flant their power and "simple robes" are not their style (the pvp gear looks great btw) and art wise it is a bold and powerful design that they went with, last I checked bold and powerful was very sith.

The fact that the sith don't look the same as the movie versions is a good thing, it sets them apart from the movie giveing them some unique looks and in the movies the Sith were hideing from their enemy the Jedi, and in this game they are not. However i will admit that in would like to see the pointy wizard hat go away thats just absurd, maybe a hood with a mask instead?

This is a good point too- I mean, look at traditional sith gear before this time- most of it from purebloods is very flashy and tacky.

That said- orange gear included you have some more traditional looking robes... problem is- you get ops/pvp gear where you can't remove the armouring- if you could remove armouring and put it in moddable gear, nobody would have issues with gear looks.

I'm very curious as to why top end ops gear has me showing off my belly? I didn't realize that darths in this time period were skanks. If I could perhaps get half the material in those silly shoulders to cover my waist I'd feel like I was out to kill the Empire's greatest foes, not to dance on some tables in Nar Shaddaa.

Considering the Dark Side if powered by passions I would think any half attractive female would be dressed provocatively so she can draw on other peoples passions to fuel herself. Though having your belly out doesn't make you a skank any more than a moustache makes you a dodgy adult entertainer.

I would love some actually attractive looking gear though.

Some classic-SW looking options is definetely a must for force-using classes. I hope so much it's already somewhere in the pipeline, cause you hardly can miss the problem

Checking Global Market every 30 minutes and killing literally hundreds of low-level elites - that's unprovoked pain it takes to get some nicely looking gear. I found myself hunting both sides of GTN for recipe of Dark Acolyte Robe and leveling a Synthweave alt just to make the character stop looking like a clown. It took a lot of time to find it

Edited by Antiqua