What 1.5 Assassin/Mandalorian Droid Parts will get me the most $$$?

AshlaBoga

Definitely better than Rakata. Not sure about Black Hole/Campaign Mods, will go simcraft that now.

Not sure what simcrafting is. Looking at the assassin-droid-dt-12-core vs. the rakata-eliminators-gauntlets the advantage goes to the droid part.

It seems to be more closely comparable to the Black hole DPS black-hole-boltblasters-mk-1-gauntlets.

Not an exact match. Black Hole gear tends to be more endurance heavy. And the new droid parts have the disadvantage of not being modifiable. A small consideration, but some folks who understand min/maxing better than I will likely prefer the old custom parts simply for the purpose of squeezing every last point of DPS they can get out of their companions.

Not sure what simcrafting is. Looking at the assassin-droid-dt-12-core vs. the rakata-eliminators-gauntlets the advantage goes to the droid part.

It seems to be more closely comparable to the Black hole DPS black-hole-boltblasters-mk-1-gauntlets.

Not an exact match. Black Hole gear tends to be more endurance heavy. And the new droid parts have the disadvantage of not being modifiable. A small consideration, but some folks who understand min/maxing better than I will likely prefer the old custom parts simply for the purpose of squeezing every last point of DPS they can get out of their companions.

So does that mean I'll be better off with the tank parts?

These droid parts are quite interesting, mainly because of their cost compared to a fully modded droid.

One armoring already costs 2 Synthetic energy matrices and 4/6 (150/154) Molecular stabilizers, there the cost is lower for the entire part.

I think I'll go the crafted route for Scorpio with my operative, since Kaliyo is sooo antisocial.

Question is, how do these new parts stack up against modable parts stacked with blackhole/rakata mods?

The problem is, you cannot use slotted armorings(chest, legs, boots, gloves helmet) into droid parts. So you either have to wait for tons of offhand dops with necessary stat to rip off non-slotted armorings, or wait for armoring to drop in ops, or buy them from GTN for crazy price.

You cannot RE slotted armorings either, so you have to wait for offhands/armoring drops or buy from GTN and try to RE yourself, but it is even more expensive than buying the recipe and crafting parts.

I use droid companions a lot (love Scorpio and Forex!), so I'm looking forward to getting the recipes. Have stacks of mats and daily comms ready ^^

Edited by PaniMauser

Other than the people who must have the next shiny thing to be available I'm not convinced theres any sustainable profit for these parts.

He's only a companion, and you can simply hand in spare drops for the non-droids companions, so what's the incentive to pay $$$? Slightly quicker to complete dailies?

Other than the people who must have the next shiny thing to be available I'm not convinced theres any sustainable profit for these parts.

He's only a companion, and you can simply hand in spare drops for the non-droids companions, so what's the incentive to pay $$$? Slightly quicker to complete dailies?

I agree. If you want to get HK-51 and make the most of him for your own use, get the set that is most complementary to your own role / playstyle. You're not likely to be making much money on this one because the mats are so expensive and the schematics easy to get.

If you happen to have been farming / stockpiling mats, however, there may be money to be made in selling those ;)

Edited by Ms_Sunlight

The problem is, you cannot use slotted armorings(chest, legs, boots, gloves helmet) into droid parts. So you either have to wait for tons of offhand dops with necessary stat to rip off non-slotted armorings, or wait for armoring to drop in ops, or buy them from GTN for crazy price.

You cannot RE slotted armorings either, so you have to wait for offhands/armoring drops or buy from GTN and try to RE yourself, but it is even more expensive than buying the recipe and crafting parts.

I use droid companions a lot (love Scorpio and Forex!), so I'm looking forward to getting the recipes. Have stacks of mats and daily comms ready ^^

You can RE it just not learn it ,so it is still worth the RE for the Stab you get if you RE it and sometimes you get two from that armor , so it is woth it to RE it to off set the cost of buying one or even making it ...