Fix old content before introducing new content

I've worked in game development before - I know there is a difference between the team that works on new content and the bug fixing team. However, having a plethora of old content problems and introducing new content is an incredibly bad move.

Let me explain to you the night of raiding I had today. My guild has cleared 5/5 EV and 5/5 HM EV. We decided, in order to gear some of our newer members, to run 16 man normal EV. Most of us have multiple Rakata pieces. The first boss was outright 1-shotting people without warning for 20-22k hits.

That's fine. We get it. The encounter is bugged. Being fixed next patch. We split our group into two 8-mans and start off. We destroy first boss, head to second.

The second encounter goes like this: the boss didn't even enter his frenzy mode until 60%. When he did, we moved platforms and waited. He didn't move for about 20 seconds. After 20 seconds, he teleported to our platform and started an immediate new frenzy (***?). We moved again. As most of us were getting over, he teleported AGAIN and gibbed the first person over there, which was our tank. Our healers couldn't heal him properly as they were getting into position. Again, he TELEPORTED over. NOT jumped. Jumping gives you enough time.

Alright. It was a bug. That's cool. He's an incredibly easy boss and we can just do it again, now knowing that the encounter can sometimes bug out.

NOT. We tried entering back into the raid. It said someone was inside it still. Headcount and vent showed us all 8 of us were outside of the raid. Okay. We relogged. The healer and I managed to get back in, the rest of the raid got to loading screen and then ported back to the Imperial Fleet (Lol). Healer and I went up to check past first boss - the Warden mobs all respawned. 6/8 raid members still couldn't get in and kept getting ported out.

This is only one night's worth. We've experienced bugs from Revan's foundry bubble glitches to the Rancore in karraga's palace one-shotting the whole raid as we respawned to start a new attempt (whoever made it so you have to stand up for 3 seconds while the boss AOE swipes the whole raid from the start is insane).

You need to fix these gamebreaking bugs before you release new bosses.

You seriously do. You will be losing tons of subscribers this way.

Also, I got a schematic for a adrenal during the raid that gives me the error "Invalid Schematic" when I use it. Guessing that's a bug, too. Very minor, however.

TL;DR - You shouldn't be release new content that will undoubtly have bugs when your old content already has tons of bugs.

Edited by TheJollyRogers

i disagree

ive done the bugged content, it annoyed me and i would prefer not to have to stare at it for the next few weeks again

give me new content please :)

And what? So I can try and enter the new content's loading screen to be kicked to the Imperial Fleet again?

I would rather have one working raids than two broken ones. People won't be staying in this game for long if gamebreaking bugs remain for this long and they just keep shoveling new ones in.

(oh, and I'd like to see your proof that you've cleared nightmare EV)

/signed. Not rocket science to figure out a broken game isn't going to be worth a darn if you just try and bury it under more broken content.

Yes the story and questing had minor easy to over look issues. But the flashpoints,raids,entire pvp system has countless bugs that have to be taken care of....

This isn't beta, you are live Bioware

Edited by Irishbrewed