Basic Group Finder questions

charleston_chew

I'm returning to TOR after 1.3 and have some noob questions about the Group Finder.

First, why can't I select any Flashpoints? I'm level 21 and have three in my mission log. Do I have to be in a particular place? I was under the impression that you can get automatically transported to the flashpoints when you get a group.

Also, to get a group to do heroic missions, do I use "planetary destinations", and will this also provide me with teleportation to the planet or is it BYOS (bring your own spaceship)?

First, why can't I select any Flashpoints? I'm level 21 and have three in my mission log. Do I have to be in a particular place? I was under the impression that you can get automatically transported to the flashpoints when you get a group.

I think I know the answer to your first question. You can use the group finder anywhere and it will transport you to the quest. The reason that you can not select any flashpoints is actually that you have them in your mission log. You can confirm this by abandoning one of them and seeing if that one becomes available through the group finder. If that works abandon the other two and queue randomly to get the daily reward. Hope this helps. I ran into the same issue on the pts and was unable to figure out the solution in time to get the titles.

Sometimes you will be inbetween the recommended levels so might not let you join

However, the problem i found was, its a good idea to go to fleet at the required level to collect the quests from droids which tell you go talk to the quest giver (malgus or satele) and this will 'unlock' the selection on the tool.

Greetings everyone!

Regarding Charleston_chew's first question, this is currently on our In-Game Known Issues List from Live Community Coordinator, Amber Green:

Hello everyone! We appreciate you joining us to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, and we hope you enjoy the game. As MMORPGs are large and complex projects, inevitably we do discover issues that may affect gameplay. We're working constantly to fix anything that will affect the player experience, but for now this is our current list of high priority in-game known issues.

UPDATED: June 28th, 2012

Group Finder

• Group Finder will not allow players to select or queue for content that is already listed in their Mission Log.
    Workaround:Players must complete or abandon any Flashpoint or Operation missions that are currently in the Mission Log and then refresh the user interface (CTRL+U twice).

Additionally, you can also find more information regarding the Group Finder feature from our Development Director, Antonia Phillips in our Group Finder as well as this post. As well as Game Update 1.3 Patch Notes.

We hope this helps! :jawa_smile:

Okay, next question.

I got into a Flashpoint via group finder, but when I selected to travel, I got a standard planetary loading screen but with no artwork, no text, and no load bar.

I waited for a couple of minutes and then pressed spacebar (the load screen was still blank), which got me out of the load screen, but by then the group had vote kicked me.

Am I doing something wrong? Is the blank screen abnormal? Should I just spacebar when I see the load screen?