Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

That's the thing... BW made it so that Trash and Boss skipping is possible. You want that to change then petition BW to either take out the shortcuts/walkarounds in the instances or make the aggro ranges bigger so that groups can't sneak by. Though I'm sure a lot of your Sin's and Ops (dunno what they are on the Pub side) will be pissed when they find out their stealth stun is initiates combat.

I kind of doubt that they will take this course of action though. I also doubt that they will balance the gear issue between Tion and BH gear either. So what are we left with? A vast majority that has seen all the CS and fought all the bosses before multiple times and are only in it for the daily, and a minority that has yet to see all that has to be offered. Should the latter be dissuaded from experiencing all that content? IMHO no. I got to do it so should they. All it takes is for them to speak up at the beginning of the FP and say as such. Most people won't mind. Yes you are always going to get the elitists who will spout out the "****NOOBSAUCE!!!!!!11!!1!!!ONE!!!!11!!!" but that is the nature of MMO's. You will get another chance at it with another group. This community is better than most in that aspect at least in allowing ppl to experience the game.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

usually I just go with the flow, if people want to skip, I skip, if they want to kill, I kill.. I'm a sorc healer. Although I do kind of dislike when the tank just assumes people want to skip.

one thing I've noticed though from doing battle of ilum a bunch is trying to skip through all of it to final boss usually ends up taking LONGER than just stopping at each mini to kill. Because people are not experienced enough to run through and either get lost or draw agro multiple times especially on the mini bosses.

also the daily comm drops are good reward imo, sadly only some of the mini's drop them or I'd support killing all the mini's everytime without question.

I liked the constructive suggestions a while back about making killing bosses worthwhile. As it is, the super awesome loot they drop isn't worth most players' time. If they dropped BH comms, even one, I'm sure you'd see people killing them - even hitting bonus bosses.

yes.

as i've said - it's a matter of bad design and bad loot placement.

while players have opportunity to spoil the game - they'll do it :-)

And you have no right whatsoever to tell me how I should play, what I should do.

But i am doing that right now. It's my right and my opportunity and i use it.

And you have all and every rights not to listen and stop moaning aloud 'oh, i've done flashs hundred times and i am so pity and tired and bored so let me do it hundred times more again and again but can i run faster and skip everything?'

Cry all you like, I will prefer my 15 minute runs to your 45 minute all boss trash killing runs? Not like it? I am a tank, I will get insta pop another group after leaving yours, and will have my way.

good luck then

find another group and run another hundred times

have all fun in your own way little grinding munchkin!

But i am doing that right now. It's my right and my opportunity and i use it.

And you have all and every rights not to listen and stop moaning aloud 'oh, i've done flashs hundred times and i am so pity and tired and bored so let me do it hundred times more again and again but can i run faster and skip everything?'

good luck then

find another group and run another hundred times

have all fun in your own way little grinding munchkin!

Good luck getting like minded players who will put up with your 50 minute flashpoints in Tomb of Freedon Nadd. You can see my name from my sig, I know just as well the community of TOFN and how many of them will be willing to do your full Battle of Ilum - Taral V runs. I have no problem with your play style, but you have no right to push your game choices down my thoat and others, just as I don't have the mentioned right myself.

The fact that you think you can be totally done with a Flashpoint in 6 runs when Hazmat earpieces require you to get 350 BH comms is enought proof that you have no clue.

Good luck getting like minded players who will put up with your 50 minute flashpoints in Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

Why does some assume that this thread is about killing lots of trash.

Everyone that has done the HM flashpoints in this game knows that the bosses the groups pass does not take more then a few minutes extra to kill.

This is a symptom of the real problem of players running FP's for comms. There shouldn't be a daily for these. If the comm incentive is lost then people who wish to do these will que up for them and those that do not will not. But people feel like they have to do it so its a chore in game. Which creates this problem.

Conversly if this incentive was not in game then there would be a much smaller pool of payers willing to do FP's.

Pick your poisen

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, slightly off topic regarding skipping bosses but a tie in with bad behavior in flashpoints in general:

As of late it seems that lower level players love to need on thing that YOUR character needs and they have absolutely no use for. A couple weeks ago I was running Athiss on my marauder had a sorcerer need on a single hand strength light saber off the final boss. Today while running Hammer Station on my bounty hunter, I had another sorcerer need on a heavy helm with aim on it off the final boss. Both items were upgrades for the toons I was running with and neither of the players who snagged the items responded when I asked them why they needed on the respective items.

Needless to say both of these clowns went on my ignore lists on each of those toons. Knowing what most of you probably already know about what your companions can/can't use or even when you pick them up, why the hell are people being this stupid or being blatant jerks about what they need on? :mad::mad::mad:

Thing is, the majority often overrules the minority when running HMs. I have run many HMs pretty easily as a Sage, and during those times I usually gave the tank lead [ if I know none of the other three have never run said HM, I take lead ] with all the responsibility of skipping or not. I remember very clearly one DPS got furious and kept asking not to skip BOI HM. I said it was up to tank. Tank responded by skipping. DPS then left.

I usually ask in beginning if they want to skip bosses as this saves considerable time. If not, then I'm fine with it.

Ok, slightly off topic regarding skipping bosses but a tie in with bad behavior in flashpoints in general:

As of late it seems that lower level players love to need on thing that YOUR character needs and they have absolutely no use for. A couple weeks ago I was running Athiss on my marauder had a sorcerer need on a single hand strength light saber off the final boss. Today while running Hammer Station on my bounty hunter, I had another sorcerer need on a heavy helm with aim on it off the final boss. Both items were upgrades for the toons I was running with and neither of the players who snagged the items responded when I asked them why they needed on the respective items.

Needless to say both of these clowns went on my ignore lists on each of those toons. Knowing what most of you probably already know about what your companions can/can't use or even when you pick them up, why the hell are people being this stupid or being blatant jerks about what they need on? :mad::mad::mad:

This behavior is now the norm not the occasional exception. In every group finder pop I also seem to get pseudo powertech tanks without shield generators and outfitted in the yellow mandalorian raiders armor. None of these needers seems to speak English until you initiate a vote kick. The pseudo tanks may think they can need on anything without consequences. I don't let that go because I explain that my 13.5k hp BiS lvl 32 Kaliyo is probably going to be a better tank than their 4k hp pseudo tank and that I could probably solo most of the flashpoint with this companion if I wanted to.

This game breaking behavior did start with F2P. It seems many of these F2P players actually bought a sub because 50% of these ninjas can trade when called out on their behavior. I don't believe these people are longtime subbers since you should probably have a level 50 by now that could feed loads of cash to your alts.

There has always been some kind of mobskipping in either small or large scale in flashpoints but the latest trend is simply wrong.

It seems that teams doing flashpoints skip some of the bosses and have no respect for the ones that are signing up to get better gear.

Please respect the players that join flashpoints with groupfinder to gear up, it is enough to wait for ages for them to pop.

Alternatively Bioware could make the flashpoint not complete unless all bosses are dead (the way it should be)

Thoughts?

Is it fair to ignore players in the team that needs gear and steamroll through the flashpoint not listening at all?

No it's not wrong. If you want to see the story, do all bosses, etc then go in guild. BW just introduced a welfare system as it is giving all 50's a free set of Tier 1 gear that most of us had to work for back in the day. It's fascinating to see people who think skippers "have no respect" for them, yet have zero issue with making people who have done these FPs dozens of times and need nothing but the comms sit through every convo without spacebaring, kill literally every extraeneous mob and do obsolete bosses for gear that's made redundant or worse by the new welfare system.

Making a FP incomplete until all bosses are dead is both a joke and an insult. What happens when you get a group of horrid pugs (don't laugh, they're out there in droves with F2P now) who can't kill a boss? Then you're just ff-d. Hard as it may be to believe, some people don't have a ton of time to spend grinding the same FPs over and over and some have to do several a day and don't want it to be an all day extravaganza.

You want thoughts so here's one: how about those players who have done said FPs more times then they can count automatically receive 5 BH comms upon logging in once per day? It eliminates the need for them to carry people and allows you to do the FPs with like-minded and poorly-geared people who can then kill anything and everything that moves till your heart's content. Everybody wins!

Edited by Twolightsabers

I usually have no problem with people skipping bosses in any hardmode flashpoint.

The main reason for it is

a) my gear is better than anything that drops

b) the gear looks as crappy as columi or rakata

To be honest, I hate skipping any boss in a storymode flashpoint, because they at least drop more unique looking gear, that allows me, to have my character look different than any other level character of my class.

You want thoughts so here's one: how about those players who have done said FPs more times then they can count automatically receive 5 BH comms upon logging in once per day? It eliminates the need for them to carry people and allows you to do the FPs with like-minded and poorly-geared people who can then kill anything and everything that moves till your heart's content. Everybody wins!

I have even a better idea! Lets ask BioWare to give you a free set of Black Hole gear right here and now so you don't have to whine so much. "I want it all and I want it now" describes you so well, just as Queen sings.

I normally don't care either way. If the majority want to do a speed run, fine. If the majority want a certain boss, whatever.

My problem is when people are so stubborn in their attempt to not fight something that we wind up spending more time running back after a pointless wipe.

My favourite SWTOR HM FP PUG memory is the "tank" who, while trying to skip trash, managed to pull the Mon Calamari boss in ... Boarding Party? ... they all blend into one now ... and just kept running around in a circle. He said his reasoning was so he wouldn't get hit. He then raged and quit the group. It gave a laugh at least. In that Picard-worthy /facepalm sort of way.

Its no problem for me. You know, its normal - HM is all about skipping. If you want story go in story mode. HM is for farming, thats what i think.

Does that include the last boss in HM Taral V that is skippable but drops columni hands?

Is it mandatory for you to skip that boss or do you listen if anyone wants to kill it?

Edited by Icestar

Here is my thought. If your running with guildies or just to get your coms skipping is th ebest way to do it becuase once you get full columni HM FP's (minus Lost Island) are pointless. If you PUG a flashpoint and there is someone who wants to watch the cutscenes and do every boss and you dont want to either suck it up and help someone out or just quit before you even start and say you just dont have time or something. My advice join a guild before 50 and you wont have this problem.

I am sick and tired of selfish people skipping bosses.

Was in a Battle for Ilum last evening and the tank and one of the melee didn't give a rat's *** the others wanted to kill the bosses, they skipped everything they could. We didn't kill any of the bosses apart from the last and the one right before.

Just completed a Lost Island and two of the players (me included) asked for a full run and the tank didn't respond. When i asked it again he told me i could leave if i wanted a full run! What a selfish bastard.

You might have uber gear but not everyone else has. If people are asking for a full run you should respect that and kill all bosses.

This is not only a problem of the community but also an oversight of Bioware. You should not be able to skip bosses in the first place...period.

Personally now that you get a free full set of tionease gear and free PVP Relics and ear/implants the only thing you need out of a flashpoint is the last boss dropping columi.

I'll normally kill stuff for people though if they want it but someone asking to kill mobs to get a chest with some green 47 gear I'm not wasting my time.

But with the new free gear at 50 unless you have never done the fp you should be looking to just get gear from the last boss and move on.

Edited by bbates

I have even a better idea! Lets ask BioWare to give you a free set of Black Hole gear right here and now so you don't have to whine so much. "I want it all and I want it now" describes you so well, just as Queen sings.

I'm full DG on main, partial DG/full camp on one alt, full camp on 2nd alt and a few mods short on a 4th. I don't need welfare gear: I earned it along with many people back in the beginning. These runs are purely for comms for r/e purposes. Thus why myself and people like myself don't feel the need to sit through redundant instances for any longer than is necessary. But way to completely misread what I said. /clap for you.

It's also very amusing to see you talk about whining when you've posted way more on here. This whole thread is a QQ on how people who skip are ***** and not all of us are. Amazing how those like you who disagree are quick to insult and cry and call us names, but when we defend our positions we're whining. That's the curse of the MMO though: a generation of gamers who think the community owes them a living.

Some nice story....

Such a cool story, bro! The thing is many people here and in some other threads concerning about the same things are saying the "run, skip, spacebar"-runs should disappear and many are suggesting to make killing all the bosses required to finish the FP. That would be a good idea as the bosses are there for a reason, even though some people are way passed the point of needing the drops.

I'm okey with skipping thrash but I can still remember too many runs when "something unexpected" has happened, for example someone has dropped from a cliff and the group needs to reset the endboss and run halfway back to the start to kill 1-2 groups of thrash to help the one who just respawned to get through...And then we just realize completing the FP just took 10-15 minutes more than it would have taken if we had killed all the bosses and most of the thrash.

Skipping ultimately leads into more unnecessary deaths and wipes than just killing those bosses and most of the thrash. I have seen this as I have been in the game from the early launch.