Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess basic logic is beyond you.

I'll try to put as simply as possible then.

European servers have way higher load on 8 AM - 4 PM GMT than 2 AM - 10 AM GMT.

Got it now?

they ARE NOT doing separate maintenance therefor if they move the time either earlier or later it will go into either NA or EU PEAK time...

basic logic and common sense

it ends at 4PM GMT.... unless you live in Kazakhstan it's not ending at 8pm.. maybe you need to learn your time zones

served 8 years in the middle east including in Iraq so I am familiar with the time zones

I don't care where you served, it clearly didn't educate you in all the different time zones within Europe. Some of the countries where the game was OFFICIALLY released are having to suffer maintenance up until 8pm.

I'm not going to bother you with the specifics because if you are as educated as you think on EU time zones you could work it all out yourself. But, in my book, 8pm is NOT off-peak.

they ARE NOT doing separate maintenance therefor if they move the time either earlier or later it will go into either NA or EU PEAK time...

You may begin to see the problem then.

They have decided to have joint maintenance and schedules it for NA offpeak hours with absolute no regard for either european or players even further east.

Thus they are losing players due to that elementary lack of respect towards paying customers.

I know splitting maintenance is very hard. After all, nobody else have ever done it before, right?

Edited by ninoss

I guess basic logic is beyond you.

I'll try to put as simply as possible then.

European servers have way higher load on 8 AM - 4 PM GMT than 2 AM - 10 AM GMT.

Got it now?

And I guess that applies to you too as well as basic reasoning.

There is one thing you seem to be overlooking.

The fact that BW will not always have the resources they need to do what has to be done in house.

They too may need to call in outside help, something which they can only do during normal work hours.

If they had maintenance in what is the early morning for us European players, that would be the middle of the night for BW.

Not only would they have to pay their workers extra for working during the night, which would lead to us having to pay a higher sub, but they would not be able to call in outside help if they needed as they would not be available at those times.

To be perfectly honest, I dont understand this obsession that so many has about not being able to play for a few hours ONCE each week.

Its as if these players live the game and dont understand that there are other things to life than just this game.

Go out for a walk, meet other people, read a book, watch a movie, there are so many things you can do.

Edited by Bansheedragon

And I guess that applies to you too as well as basic reasoning.

The fact that BW will not always have the resources they need to do what has to be done in house.

They too may need to call in outside help, something which they can only do during normal work hours.

If they had maintenance in what is the early morning for us European players, that would be the middle of the night for BW.

Not only would they have to pay their workers extra for working during the night, which would lead to us having to pay a higher sub, but they would not be able to call in outside help if they needed as they would not be available at those times.

To be perfectly honest, I dont understand this obsession that so many has about not being able to play for a few hours ONCE each week.

Its as if these players live the game and dont understand that there are other things to life than just this game.

Go out for a walk, meet other people, read a book, watch a movie, there are so many things you can do.

It's always easy to say when you are based in the US and not affected. :rolleyes:

1. Again, it's principle of being treated fairly and equally for HIGHER fee.

2. Trion can do it. Turbine can do it. And you wanna tell me BW/EA can't? They have at least 10x time resources of any other MMO company bar Blizzard and they cant provide same service? Then they deserver to lose customers.

3. If maintenance is being run from US then they ARE paying extra because it's being run during night.

I'm really tired of people repeating same old arguments every time. Read before posting.

There is absolutely no reason why they can not do separate maintenance times. If they want to maximise revenue they will do this sooner rather than later.

To maximise revenue you need to maximise availability to the majority of your paying customers. That means separate maintenance at about 2am in the morning.

I am actually thinking of doing a credit card charge back, somehow simply cancelling just does not seem adequate to express my complete and utter disgust at this nonsense.

Just because they are not doing it does not make it right, it completely defies basic logic and common sense as it will undoubtedly cost them revenue.

To be honest that whole discussion made me not only come to conclusion that BW is just crap but also - that you cant have joint forums for european and US players.

Yet if you want European players to continue to have a voice in any game, you need to have access to the US forums.

WoW has separate forums, the Blizzard devs never read nor post on the EU forums, only the US, so we do need to have the same forums.

Anyway all the US trolls keep the thread bumped so it's not all bad.

1. Again, it's principle of being treated fairly and equally for HIGHER fee.

2. Trion can do it. Turbine can do it. And you wanna tell me BW/EA can't? They have at least 10x time resources of any other MMO company bar Blizzard and they cant provide same service? Then they deserver to lose customers.

3. If maintenance is being run from US then they ARE paying extra because it's being run during night.

I'm really tired of people repeating same old arguments every time. Read before posting.

Leaving aside the other AAA's that do it even the one man and his dog Z listers can manage to do it without breaking a sweat.

True that Mandrax, but I feel like talking with headless chickens.

I know mate, but look at it this way, we are currently posting our thoughts in a thread on forums we know they are reading. Ok, we are being ignored but at least we know they get to see it.

Imagine posting in a thread like this on an EU forum that we know they NEVER read. It would be much worse :p

It's always easy to say when you are based in the US and not affected. :rolleyes:

And where did you get the impression that I am US based and not affected?

If you think I am US based purely based on my post, then you need to rethink your perceptions.

I just so happen to live in Europe, but that dont mean I treat this as if its the end of the world.

Edited by Bansheedragon

Its astonishing to see the amount of fanboys who would rather bash people who express their concerns and problems with the game (problems which affect thousands of people) rather than just try to get into the other persons boots.

We are paying the same amount or more due to currency rates in Europe, however we are getting a lower quality service for it, how can people not realise it is normal for some to voice their issue with such a fact?

I have yet to see one single valid point in favor of these joint maintenance times. It is not our job nor our place to keep Bioware happy, its the other way around. So although a lot of US players seem to think the game revolves around them simply because the company is based in the US, the company is offering a product internationally and there is a large % of player base outside of the US.

On another note, some people seem to think we want the same joint maintenance times to continue, but just on a time frame which would suit us EU players better, however that is not the case.. We simply ask to be offered a different time frame for EU server maintenance, i.e. split maintenance. A service which has been offered by multiple other companies and multiple mmo's and which should have become the norm by now, specially with such amounts of preorders as this game had, its not like this could be a huge surprise to them, and if it is, even more worrying.

As i mentioned in an earlier post, the downtime barely affects me as i am busy most morning and afternoons and can only play late evenings, however that does not mean i'm going to sit back and just accept a lower quality service for an inflated price. I also mentioned there are quite a few other issues which have all grouped up together to make me cancel my subscription. A response from a dev saying "we are aware of the issue and are looking into it" no longer feels like "oh, hey, they're actually listening". It has just become their response to everything and little action seems to have been taken to fix issues which were already reported in beta. I can understand certain issues are of larger magnitude than one may think, but there are plenty of small things.

So yea, people, continue in the same line of thought... "if we don't complain we get things done" yup, that's usually how it works. If we don't demand a quality service, it seems we wont get it, and even after demanding it (which we shouldn't need to) it remains uncertain if we will receive a quality service. "The squeeky wheel gets the grease"

Perhaps we got it all wrong and their number crunching determined they don't want to grow any larger and are already at optimum labor force as well as capital and just expect the player base to reach equilibrium at a lower population size, would explain why they're so willing to alienate a large proportion of their subscribers.

Then again, having server maintenance during EU work times, would mean being able to pay EU people standard wages for standard work times.. One can never be sure about where some companies will want to save a buck in order to increase their profits. Im no expert but i guess the numbers will tell them if they need to stop alienating non US subscribers. Which is why unsubscribing might get the message out to them.

Edited by Kaskako

From Biowares latest Maintenance update:

"As a reminder, we are still aiming to limit our scheduled maintenance period to once a week, on Tuesdays, but we had to delay this week's maintenance due to some issues found on the Public Test Server that required extra testing. Our goal is still to ensure that the weekly maintenance period to takes place in an off-peak time for both North American and European players. We are also aiming to inform players of the precise duration of any weekly maintenance period at least 24 hours before the maintenance begins."

Now you're free to call Bioware liars, disingenuous, what have you. But their official stance is that they ARE doing it at a time that is convenient for Europeans. And i'm pretty sure they have the raw data to support that, as opposed to the few anecdotal complaints around here. It's entirely possible that you folks are the few who will be inconvenienced based on your individual schedules. It's possible that were they to switch, more people would be inconvenienced.

Someone is going to have to, there is no time frame in which no people are wanting to play. If you can persuade Bioware to change their minds, more power to you. But it's going to take a bit more than some angry forum posts.

And that seems correct in the US, but in europe the time is 10AM to 4PM.... How is that in anyway during off peak-hours. Its in the middle off the day.

The vast majority of the people in Europe work during the middle of the day on a weekday. Don't you? :rolleyes:

Edited by Abriael