New Dyes Added, Then Removed?

Saregon

Lol really? Best Buy price matches up to 14 days for laptops and up to 30 days for most other items. And as long as its not food they legally have to give you a return if its within a small time period. Do you consumer bro?

They don't legally HAVE to give you a return "bro." Once you buy something, the company who sold it to you is under no legal obligation to take the product back unless it was sold under false pretenses (did not come with everything that was advertised) or, in some cases, due to defect. There is no law that requires them to let you sell something back to them because you found it at a cheaper price after you purchased it.

Also, citing ONE store that has a 2 week price match for high tier items after the sale doesn't mean that "most" stores do, as you said. By definition, "most" stores do NOT price match after the item has left their premises.

But feel free to continue to cite made-up laws that you create for the sole purpose of winning an online forum "argument." It's really, really impressive.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't legally HAVE to give you a return "bro." Once you buy something, the company who sold it to you is under no legal obligation to take the product back unless it was sold under false pretenses (did not come with everything that was advertised) or, in some cases, due to defect. There is no law that requires them to let you sell something back to them because you found it at a cheaper price after you purchased it.

I know that some states have specific laws regarding returns and such, but such things are typically only "mandatory" if the company's policy dictates that it be.

IE: Walmart is required by company policy to take back defective (NOT BROKEN) computers, phones and other electronic devices for 15 days after the day of sale. Walmart also will refund such items in the case of customer remorse within the same time period.

Unless Bioware specifically says that they're required by their policies to provide those services, though...there's really nothing requiring them to do that.

I think they're RAISING the price actually.

Tons of people were buying them on my server - Jung Ma - and we're probably the lowest pop server in-game.

If 20 B/B were purchased on Jung Ma in 24 hours, then I'm thinking that they're probably hiking the price up to 3k.

The black and white dyes were finally added to the Cartel Market last night, now they're gone this morning...

What's up with that B-dub?

I'd say that is because the price they wanted was FLAT OUT RIDICULOUS!! About 15 bucks for a one use dye. :eek: I was actually laughing because I couldn't believe the balls of Bioware on that. It's just more proof they don't care about quality and subscribers anymore. just milking cartel and ****** your wallet.

And I mean this seriously. Anyone who actually paid the 2000 Cartel Coins for the dye needs some serious mental help.

Edited by DarthVengeant

I'd say that is because the price they wanted was FLAT OUT RIDICULOUS!! About 15 bucks for a one use dye. :eek: I was actually laughing because I couldn't believe the balls of Bioware on that. It's just more proof they don't care about quality and subscribers anymore. just milking cartel and ****** your wallet.

And I mean this seriously. Anyone who actually paid the 2000 Cartel Coins for the dye needs some serious mental help.

I'm gonna laugh if you guys are wrong about these pricing rumors and this all blows up in your face.

Apparently the CM is dynamic which means the items are put on and off at random times...as far as i know..maybe im wrong

Most of the stuff on there has been there since Day 1 of the Cartel Market and has never been removed...why these were only there a few hours I don't understand.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't going to pay $20 for a dye, but I was hoping a bunch of idiots would buy them to put on the GTN to "help" the market prices. :jawa_wink:

Apparently the CM is dynamic which means the items are put on and off at random times...as far as i know..maybe im wrong

This. It was noted in the recent patch notes and also in the fact they weren't available immediately. The CM rotates what's for sale. You may have noticed certain items are there and then gone. They no longer need patches to update the CM to change it does so dynamically the dyes will rotate back onto the market. I doubt they are lowering the price even though IMO it's much to high for a 1 time item.

One of the community relations folks said that we should check the CM daily. A while back, they had the Gold Scalene set up for one day only and didn't broadcast it. There were several forum posts about it, and that's when the CR folks said to check daily.

The CM is changing to a more dynamic system where they will constantly change prices in order to foster greater interests in its limited time sales and unique item offers. In the case of the dyes, they are NOT lowering the price of the dye. They are limiting their circulation to keep the market from devaluing due to over supply. If you're looking for one of those super rare dyes, you'll need to be one of the folks who checks the market daily, or you'll need to buy the random dye packs in order to get your chance at the B/B, B/W dyes.

This will mean that users will need to have the requisite amount of cartel coins available just in case the dyes come back. This forces those players that are interested into buying cartel coins, even if they don't NEED them at the moment. I think it's a brilliant monetization strategy.

One of the community relations folks said that we should check the CM daily. A while back, they had the Gold Scalene set up for one day only and didn't broadcast it. There were several forum posts about it, and that's when the CR folks said to check daily.

The CM is changing to a more dynamic system where they will constantly change prices in order to foster greater interests in its limited time sales and unique item offers. In the case of the dyes, they are NOT lowering the price of the dye. They are limiting their circulation to keep the market from devaluing due to over supply. If you're looking for one of those super rare dyes, you'll need to be one of the folks who checks the market daily, or you'll need to buy the random dye packs in order to get your chance at the B/B, B/W dyes.

This will mean that users will need to have the requisite amount of cartel coins available just in case the dyes come back. This forces those players that are interested into buying cartel coins, even if they don't NEED them at the moment. I think it's a brilliant monetization strategy.

Well, its not really brilliant. It is an old format, used by marketing companies for a very long time (one day sales, blue light specials, etc.). They have simply stood on the shoulders of creative thinkers and applied it in a rather devious and manipulative way. The entirety of their intent, it seems, currently focuses on utilization of the cartel market as a means of maximizing profits, leaving the game as a prop to do so.

The player still has choice though. They can participate, or not. For me, although a strong supporter of the basic game to this point, I'm growing weary of minimal content and maximum hard core cash sale marketing. The game is starting to lack dramatically, and minor updates like the bounty hunter event are not really going to carry it for me. Going to hang around another month or so and see what develops.....then make a decision.

This really stinks. My plan was to use the 50% off of Cartel Coins on first in-game purchase, to buy the black/black dye. Well, they screwed up the In-Game purchase feature, and now they take the dye off the market. What a load of crap.

I still love this game, but it's mind-boggling how much stuff they screw up, and their general lack of common sense.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I will take the blame for this one as I forgot to post about the dyes at the end of the week to let everyone know about the limited availability. They will come back to the market at some point, but I have no details on when as of right now. This was planned as a limited time sale.

As a reminder, our store is subject to change at all times. We will have sales available for limited times and in some cases (like this) items which are only available for limited times. I recommend checking the store often!

-eric

Hey folks,

I will take the blame for this one as I forgot to post about the dyes at the end of the week to let everyone know about the limited availability. They will come back to the market at some point, but I have no details on when as of right now. This was planned as a limited time sale.

As a reminder, our store is subject to change at all times. We will have sales available for limited times and in some cases (like this) items which are only available for limited times. I recommend checking the store often!

-eric

Pretty *********** annoying.