The Hutts

roybum

Just wonding... any one else ever think about why the huts are sooo fat?

I put my thinker to it... and this is the solution i came up with....

The hutts once a strong warrior race. Made a killing in criminal enterprises.

After making tons their offspring got lazy with all the wealth so they settled at the top and just gave orders... while they relaxed....

After millions of years, the hutts became fat.

there is currently evidence that support obesity are a hereditary disorder. The hutts had a long time to develop their current form. maybe Americans will some day look the same :p (WALL-E)

I just wanna know why people listen to them. They are fat slugs just shoot them in the face and walk out like you own the place. What are they gonna do to you? Nothing just sit there and take it like a baby back B****. Seriously i say we should be able to kill the hutts and take over there enterprises ourselves. We are Jedi and SIth for god sakes what the hell is a bunch of fat slugs going to do to our force powers?

In fact, a Hutt's thick, fatty hide hid a powerful musculature, allowing them to move with surprising speed on the single muscular "foot" formed by the base of their tail and belly. Their thick, sweaty skin and the heavy layer of fat beneath it served an evolutionary role, maintaining their body temperature. A Hutt's hide was thick enough to take several blaster shots before vital organs were reached, permitting the Hutt ample time to pulverize would-be assassins who came unprepared to deal with such a fleshy obstacle. The slimy coating of sweat and mucus protected them from burns.

The Hutts were also completely immune to Force mind tricks, owing to a natural resistance possessed by the species.

Never underestimate a Hutt.

In fact, a Hutt's thick, fatty hide hid a powerful musculature, allowing them to move with surprising speed on the single muscular "foot" formed by the base of their tail and belly. Their thick, sweaty skin and the heavy layer of fat beneath it served an evolutionary role, maintaining their body temperature. A Hutt's hide was thick enough to take several blaster shots before vital organs were reached, permitting the Hutt ample time to pulverize would-be assassins who came unprepared to deal with such a fleshy obstacle. The slimy coating of sweat and mucus protected them from burns.

The Hutts were also completely immune to Force mind tricks, owing to a natural resistance possessed by the species.

Never underestimate a Hutt.

You realize this does not prevent me from using force choke, lighting, push or just slicing through there fat with a light saber. Your point is null, void and moot. Never underestimate someone who works around inconveniences.

Dispite Jabba's easy and somewhat pitiful death, Hutts have been massively improved since then.

Hutts are ridiculously strong in the EU, 80-90% of that fats it not fat, it's muscle. A Hutt's tail strike is strong enough to smash a war droid in two.

From Wiki

Full-grown adult Hutts were very large creatures, boasting a total body-weight as much as a metric ton. Perhaps unsurprisingly, they were often semi-sedentary, spending their days lounging lazily and traveling on repulsorlift sleds or palanquins borne by teams of slaves. Most of their bulk rested in their bulging belly and thick, slug-like tail, adding to their impression of bloated corruption. In Hutt society, weight was equated with power and status, so thin Hutts were derided as weak and unworthy.

In terms of physiology, the Hutts were known to be an anomaly as they possessed traits from many different species. Similar to sea mammals, their nostrils close and their large lungs allowed them to stay submerged underwater for hours at a time. Yet they were also similar to worms as they were hermaphroditic and thus held both male and female sex organs. However, they possessed traits like marsupials as they bear their young one at a time who were nourished in a brood pouch in the body.[1] They were also able to open their mouths to incredible lengths allowing them to swallow almost anything.[2] Despite these many characteristics, they were generally classified as gastropods by scientists due to the slithering, slug-like manner of their movement.[1] Their slimy hides were typically hairless though an exceptionally rare number were known to grow both locks and beards due to the presence of a recessive genetic trait. While this made them distinctive to non-Hutts, they were seen with distaste and considered a type of mutant among their race.[3]

In fact, a Hutt's thick, fatty hide hid a powerful musculature, allowing them to move with surprising speed on the single muscular "foot" formed by the base of their tail and belly. Their thick, sweaty skin and the heavy layer of fat beneath it served an evolutionary role, maintaining their body temperature. A Hutt's hide was thick enough to take several blaster shots before vital organs were reached, permitting the Hutt ample time to pulverize would-be assassins who came unprepared to deal with such a fleshy obstacle. The slimy coating of sweat and mucus protected them from burns.[4] Hutts were also indigestible, a feature that saved Zorba the Hutt from being eaten by the sarlacc on Tatooine. They were also immune to many otherwise lethal chemicals, and could strike lethal blows with their tails.

The Hutts were also completely immune to Force mind tricks, owing to a natural resistance possessed by the species. Although not common, Hutts were able to be Force-sensitive. They had the ability to see ultraviolet light[5][6] and other frequencies not seen by the Human eye. Often, wealthy Hutts lit their palaces in these spectra of light, giving intruders, or at least those without similar abilities or compensating equipment, a false sense of stealth.

Hutts lacked a conventional bony skeleton, but had an inner armature known as a mantle, which helped to support their arms and head. They also could seal their nostrils and hold their breath for significant lengths of time, and they were omnivorous, capable of distending their jaws to accommodate vast mouthfuls, swallowing food down with a powerful tongue and a specialized shredding organ deep inside their throat, compared by some sources to a mollusk’s radula. Along with terms such as "gastropod", "mantle" and "foot", this choice of terminology seems to suggest a slug-like biology, but it should be noted that much of the current information on Hutts originates in Obo Rin's Catalog of Intelligent Life in the Galaxy, an inaccuracy-laden and perhaps mendaciously speciesist work of Imperial propaganda.

Hutts were resistant to many poisons and diseases and seldom fell ill.[7] Perhaps most remarkably of all, Hutts could even regenerate body parts when injured.[7] Some time prior to 32 BBY, a Hutt known as Gargonn lost half his head, including an eye and apparently a sizable part of his brain, when he was ravaged by a wandrella, yet it was anticipated that he would regenerate the injured tissue completely after a century or so. It is not known if the regeneration of his brain had any effect on his mind or personality. Some Hutts, such as Quaffug, were believed to possess multiple brains, though whether this was a species-wide trait was unknown.[8]

Hutt skin color varied; while Jabba the Hutt had green, oily skin, Durga the Hutt had orange, and Borvo the Hutt had blue. Throughout the years, Hutts have been known for having quite different skin colors from one another.

I mean regenerating your brain, that's billions of years beyond anything our evolution has managed.

Plus they live to around a 1000. That means there were only 1 1/2 Genrations of Hutt's between the time the ToR Empire ran away and came back. There would have only been 30-35 Generations of Hutt's since the Republic was formed until the movie period.

You realize this does not prevent me from using force choke, lighting, push or just slicing through there fat with a light saber. Your point is null, void and moot. Never underestimate someone who works around inconveniences.

Seems they have a resistance to the Force. They also have a resistance to burns, which nullifies lightning.

I didn't put this up, but they can stay submerged underwater for hours at a time, which means Force Choke is useless. So, you got the lightsaber part and the pushing part.

Seems they have a resistance to the Force. They also have a resistance to burns, which nullifies lightning.

I didn't put this up, but they can stay submerged underwater for hours at a time, which means Force Choke is useless. So, you got the lightsaber part and the pushing part.

Now you are changing what you said. In your original post you said they are resistant to Force Mind tricks not just the force in general.

As for force choke I believe that if you squeeze hard enough you could crush the trachea therefore rendering them unable to breathe altogether. This would also cause other physiological complications.

Being resistant goes only so deep. Lighting and Light sabers are a high concentration of heat so I think there resistance would not be very applicable, (maybe to lightning). Slicing there head off would be no problem.

I also put in this food for thought. If you go for the head rather than the abdomen you would have no problem eliminating them no matter what way you look at it. Another thing that would assist you would be your finesse and mobility versus a hutt.

Now you are changing what you said. In your original post you said they are resistant to Force Mind tricks not just the force in general.

As for force choke I believe that if you squeeze hard enough you could crush the trachea therefore rendering them unable to breathe altogether. This would also cause other physiological complications.

Being resistant goes only so deep. Lighting and Light sabers are a high concentration of heat so I think there resistance would not be very applicable, (maybe to lightning). Slicing there head off would be no problem.

I also put in this food for thought. If you go for the head rather than the abdomen you would have no problem eliminating them no matter what way you look at it. Another thing that would assist you would be your finesse and mobility versus a hutt.

Not changing -my- post. Got everything I had off from the wiki.

If you read what I posted and the poster two posts above this post, you'd see Hutts are dangerous. Even to Jedi and Sith.

I just wanna know why people listen to them. They are fat slugs just shoot them in the face and walk out like you own the place. What are they gonna do to you? Nothing just sit there and take it like a baby back B****. Seriously i say we should be able to kill the hutts and take over there enterprises ourselves. We are Jedi and SIth for god sakes what the hell is a bunch of fat slugs going to do to our force powers?

Taking out a Hutt is a simple matter. The trick is in getting there in order to do so.

They're some of the most powerful and notorious gangsters the setting has to offer, and they have all of the resources and contingency plans that such a position entails. Even if you do manage to off one, there's a good chance that people that actually liked them would start cashing in favors for retaliation. Or other Hutts (likely of the same clan).

It may be easier to just assault one of the Jedi or Dark Council members in their own homes. End result of success would likely be similar, though.

Gotta remember that Hutts like Jabba and Nemro are top ranking members of the species, who have reached the point where they are able to sit there and be fat lazy slugs. Not every member of the Species is at that point, or ever gets to that point.

And Hutts like them are simply the only kind of Hutts we have extended contact with. Blotus the Hutt is completely different to the Hutt stereotypes, considering he was the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic for 275 years

Gotta remember that Hutts like Jabba and Nemro are top ranking members of the species, who have reached the point where they are able to sit there and be fat lazy slugs. Not every member of the Species is at that point, or ever gets to that point.

And Hutts like them are simply the only kind of Hutts we have extended contact with. Blotus the Hutt is completely different to the Hutt stereotypes, considering he was the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic for 275 years

In a kind of Hi-JAck of this post...what happened to Jabba's son? ... yup from the Clone Wars movie... did it die after being recovered or what? because nothing is ever heard about it again >.<

Which brings me to Zero the hutt in the Clone Wars... what a useless sack of ... slug garbage he/she was >.<

Edited by Ruliya

Actually, in one of the old West End Games Star Wars RPG supplements (yes, I'm dating myself here), there is an entry for Hutt body armor, a suit of powered armor that makes Jango and Boba Fett's Mandalorian armor look like a chainmail bikini. Not only did it increase the wearer's strength and speed, but featured energy shields, a stealth suite, and a shoulder-mounted blaster cannon. A Hutt in one of these things was practically a light tank all on his own. So yeah, the idea of them being powerful warriors in the past is highly valid, and one can never assume that a Hutt is incapable of defending itself. In the New Jedi Order novels, Randa the Hutt (I think that was the character's name) severely injured several Yuuzhan Vong warriors just by charging into them at full speed (and injuring a Yuuzhan Vong is no mean feat.) And this was a young, largely ineffectual Hutt. An elder Hutt, with a great deal to lose, will no doubt put up quite a fight (Leia only managed to strangle Jabba because of her powerful connection to the Force, subconsciously drawing on it to increase her strength.)

Also, as shown repeatedly in Star Wars, the Hutts generally have a large amount of wealth and power at their disposal, resulting in state-of-the-art security systems and bodyguards. While it's true that money only buys a certain amount of loyalty, the Hutts are masters at manipulating things so that even their hired help is loyal to them beyond a mere paycheck.