CANT choose advanced class!?!?

phoque

Hi everyone.

Im lvl 12 sith inquisitor, and i CANT choose any advanced class. It says its not the right time.

Im about to kill Darth Skodia, and i cant kill him.

Tough to kill that dude at level 12. I was lvl 14 with Khem Val helping and it still was a battle. Make sure you use that device you were given that disables his cybernetic stuff when fighting him. It makes it much easier.

And yeah sounds like you just have to hit up the vendor in the imperial fleet. They will set you up with your advanced class.

When you come off the elevator into the fleet for the very first time from Korriban, there should be a quest-giver just to your left who will SEND you to the trainer as a quest. Perhaps if you didnt take this quest the trainer doesnt 'know' to give you an advanced class? Try and retrace your steps, start at that entry to the fleet and see if there's a quest for you. Accepting the advanced class is the completion of that quest. If you did all this, then I'm at a loss and maybe a ticket is in order!

When you come off the elevator into the fleet for the very first time from Korriban, there should be a quest-giver just to your left who will SEND you to the trainer as a quest. Perhaps if you didnt take this quest the trainer doesnt 'know' to give you an advanced class? Try and retrace your steps, start at that entry to the fleet and see if there's a quest for you. Accepting the advanced class is the completion of that quest. If you did all this, then I'm at a loss and maybe a ticket is in order!

Yeah, I feel like maybe he missed this advanced class quest before actually going to to the trainer, but who knows.

Yeah I'm not even sure you have to do that. I actually went on to Drumond Kaas without choosing an AC and then remembered later that I still had to do that and took the shuttle (didn't have my ship yet) back to the fleet station and found the vendor and had no trouble. I think I was lvl 12-13 by that time.

Had the same thing happen to me and ran around like a fool for ages. What I missed was a quest giver standing just in front of you when you first enter the station. He then sends you round to the person who has been telling you now is not the right time. He is opposite the lift you come up in from the docks.

Good luck.

I'm having the same problem. I'm on the "Colossus" quest for the class, and when i try to speak to Overseer Kyros, he just says "Not Now, dammit!".

I made a ticket yesterday about it, and now that too has dissipated.. It was my first toon, too, and I really was all into his story and etc., I don't want to re-roll.

Anyone have any luck with this?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm in the same boat right now, Jedi Knight Lv 13. Missed this first time at the station so I doubled back. He won't talk to me and I don't see a quest giver anywhere. Also, I tried hitting K for my skills menu, and it says I have to have an advanced class first. :( Anyone???

I'm in the same boat right now, Jedi Knight Lv 13. Missed this first time at the station so I doubled back. He won't talk to me and I don't see a quest giver anywhere. Also, I tried hitting K for my skills menu, and it says I have to have an advanced class first. :( Anyone???

There will be a mission either on your origin world to take you to the fleet or once you get there, there will be a mission when you exit the launcher bay.

I'm close to 11th as a Jedi Knight on Tython and haven't finished there -- what happens if I'm delayed until 12th or 13th? Am I behind the curve? Or do I get skills retroactively when I finally get to fleet?

You're fine, you'll get your skill points once you choose your AC. So if you choose at 13, you'll have 4 points to spend at first.

OP: Go back to your space station. Go toward the side you first entered the station on, it will have an elevator down to the docking bay where you first entered. You don't have to go down this elevator, i'm just point it out to help give you directions. Just outside that elevator are 4 NPCs standing in two groups of two. For Empire: Sith Warrior and Inquisitor on the left, Agent and Bounty Hunter on the right. Talk to the appropriate one for your class and he will give you the quest to go choose your AC.