Just rock out 3 gathering skills?

JnEricsonx

A bunch of people have told me that if I don't want to hassle, just get 3 gathering skills, including slicing still, and go from there. Sound reasonable, and if so, what should my two other gathering skills be?

bioanalysis, scavenging

That will let you feed pretty much everything else out there. You will be able to turn a very nice profit when they nerf the next skill.

bioanalysis, scavenging

Or archeology, scavenging. Arch feeds two crafting classes; bio feeds one, but the one creates consumables.

Either way, scavenging and slicing are definitely two to take. You could always go with a mission skill for the third (underworld trading, treasure hunting, diplomacy, investigation), as that would help you keep your idle companions busy and give you more things to sell.

Slicing is nice to have for the flashpoint skips.

If you want to make money: Scavenging, Bio, and Arch. That's the way it has always been. The time you spend opening up the slicing boxes would be better spent harvesting nearly any other node and putting the results on the auction house.

If you want a mission skill, I suggest Underworld Trading or treasure Hunting. Either does pretty well for itself, and returns much higher profits than actual gathering missions--of course, no node gathering or flashpoint skips from those.

Edited by LeperJack

I've gone slicing, Arch, treasure hunting right now on my Sith Inq. I will eventually pick up artificer in place of slicing once I have a good stockpile of everything, including cash. At least thats the thought behind it.

Basically, gathering skills turn small, but easy profit. Biochem is probably the best for free consumables, and cybertech is useful if you pvp. The rest are pretty worthless, because they have no profession-specific bonuses, BOP gear, or even economic advantages to speak of.

Well, I am keeping slicing, just cause if I'm going to gamble, so to speak, rather it be with fake money than real money, so when I waste my in-game currency, it doesn't hurt as much as it would IRL. But I'm wondering, what gathering skill is the least taken/most service needed of? Basically, I'm going to have a "gatherer" char on each server, and while my Slicing/Investigation/Treasure Hunting BH at 18 is almost at 200 slicing, no grand profit, but I make money for a bit to do some missions, then do some slicing, been alternating from my ship for a few hours, started with about 22k, still at around 22k, but my Slicing has jumped about 50 points or more, and my Investigation/Treasure Hunting have each gone up a good 20 or so, plus I've picked up a dozen green/blue items, and a bunch of gems and companion gifts.