Crafter Twink possible ?

choboon

I'm not sure if crafting is tied to your level or not as I was only in weekend betas, but keep in mind that you'd have to keep logging into your alt to send your companions on missions so you'd have to take breaks often from your main to maximize your alt's companions.

Hi all

Is it possible to get a twink up to where he gets his companion, grab the craft skills and then just send his companion on craft missions all day while playing the main ?

Or is crafting progress tied to your level ?

Not really possible because your skill is tied to your level, i.e. to be a max skill crafter

(400) you need to be level 50.

The ability to send out a companion on missions is not tied to your level. However, doing this route as you suggest, will only allow you to have 1 companion doing these missions. By the time you hit the level cap, you will have 6 companions (including the ship droid), 5 of which can be out doing missions or crafting items at the same time.

The number of companions you have obviously increases as you progress through the story, and the number you can have out at a time IS tied to your character level, so it's more likely that anyone with a "crafting alt" will end up leveling it up anyway, because it's just more efficient to have more companions out doing your bidding.

You could do it no problem as the skills in the crafting sets don't have any level requirement.

However, the mission skills that get you the materials do, and in-game you start off with say, "Level 10 - 18 missions" and then the next bracket goes from 18 - 26 (ish), so as a twink crafter you'll never be able to gather higher level mats yourself, but you could send from alts/buy them.

Unless they changed it i was able to have crafters that were 16 making items for a level 40. If they havent changed it then I would recommend to at least get to level 16 or when you get your ship. Depending on class that could give you up to 3 companions which will make things alot easier. Edited by Burtlebe

Unless they changed it i was able to have crafters that were 16 making items for a level 40. If they havent changed it then I would recommend to at least get to level 16 or when you get your ship. Depending on class that could give you up to 3 companions which will make things alot easier.

Is there a site or guide somewhere that lists ca. when each class can get their companions?

Hi all

Is it possible to get a twink up to where he gets his companion, grab the craft skills and then just send his companion on craft missions all day while playing the main ?

Or is crafting progress tied to your level ?

Most of the low lever missions only take about 3-5mins so by the time you've logged into main the companion will be back and finished.

Gathering and Mission skills having level restrictions. Since these are the skills that farm your mats for you, not being able to get the higher level mats is going to prevent you from being able to craft the higher level gear.

Crafting is not limited by level, just by skill progression. However, you have to be able to get to the fleet to train the crew skill in the first place.

Lastly, farming can be an extrememly expensive process in itself. Mission skills and gathering charge you credits per mission that you embark you companions on, which in turn becomes an enormous credit sink the further you go in the game.

So in conclusion:

Yes, you can have a "twink" crafter, but only if you first get him to the fleet to train the skill, and only if you keep him supplied with mission and gathering supplies.

Also, since you can only train ONE Crafting skill per character, you will be locked into only producing these items.

Gathering and Mission skills having level restrictions. Since these are the skills that farm your mats for you, not being able to get the higher level mats is going to prevent you from being able to craft the higher level gear.

Crafting is not limited by level, just by skill progression. However, you have to be able to get to the fleet to train the crew skill in the first place.

Lastly, farming can be an extrememly expensive process in itself. Mission skills and gathering charge you credits per mission that you embark you companions on, which in turn becomes an enormous credit sink the further you go in the game.

So in conclusion:

Yes, you can have a "twink" crafter, but only if you first get him to the fleet to train the skill, and only if you keep him supplied with mission and gathering supplies.

Also, since you can only train ONE Crafting skill per character, you will be locked into only producing these items.

If i did that it would be a second account on a different machine, i have not checked the user agreement if it is permissible to have two accounts but for most games it is.

As fo the money sink, that is a good point. Probably the best one. I guess not really doable to maintain two accounts that actively craft while only leveling with one.

I thought about having both make usable items ( one biochem the other for grenades) so i could get some money in to make up for the losses.

But i guess i will wait til i have at least one high level char.