World bosses no credit

why is it when u help kill a world boss in a op that if u die u don't get credit for killing him? U don't get the loot. Seems stupid like half the stuff in this game. My wife, a lvl 50 guildie, and me killed the world boss on tatoonie my wife died right before the boss died and rezed was running back and didn't get credit or loot. Why bioware why do u keep making stupid mistakes like this PLAY THE ^&*% GAME and figure out whats broken and @%#^*(& FIX IT jesus for the love of George Lucus. Cause he surely wouldn't be this stupid. He did come up with Star Wars. Bioware is smearing his name.

why is it when u help kill a world boss in a op that if u die u don't get credit for killing him? U don't get the loot. Seems stupid like half the stuff in this game. My wife, a lvl 50 guildie, and me killed the world boss on tatoonie my wife died right before the boss died and rezed was running back and didn't get credit or loot. Why bioware why do u keep making stupid mistakes like this PLAY THE ^&*% GAME and figure out whats broken and @%#^*(& FIX IT jesus for the love of George Lucus. Cause he surely wouldn't be this stupid. He did come up with Star Wars. Bioware is smearing his name.

Stuff like this is pretty stupid. Alot of things in this game really just werent thought out very well. Only advice I can give you is to just not try to run back when the boss starts getting really low. As I recall the run back to that boss is somewhat lengthy. However if your very crafty you can find the sweet spot where you will take no AOE damage :p

simple.

#1. dont die on a world boss

#2. plan a good comp so u wont die before you pull

#3. dont be dumb and run back when the boss is below 50-40% depending on how good ur dps is?

all of this is very easy to do. if not then PVE isnt your thing because world bosses are a taste of what raiding is like. stick to RP mebeh?

well as much as i love your don't die theroy he does a random target stun at lvl 28 from 3k to 13k dam. Now i get your don't run back but **** happens meaning u shouldn't be penalize. (for **** happens)

You duoed a world boss that are all designed for 8 players on level, and then when it managed to kill one of you they released when it was almost dead. Releasing when you die removes you from the fight, this is a normal mechanic in every game I've ever played online.

Instead of being mad at BioWare you should be mad at yourself for killing the boss while your wife wasn't there.

So you killed a world boss while someone wasn't present for the kill, and you want them to receive credit?

I might as well hit the belsavis world boss, then once someone kills it I'll receive credit. Unless you want to implement a more complicated rule structure on how it would work. maybe loss credit on a boss reset? Sounds like more work for BW to figure out on how to code (does local client operations even register a boss fight is present while the character is out of range to see it? May require changes to server operations in that case).

Practically speaking, that would cause way more issues then it would fix so I would suggest two solutions that gamers can do themselves.

1. Don't release when dead

2. Don't kill the boss till all members are present.

Saves BW the time to fix other more useful features.

Edited by Codek

• 1 month later...

so far I have been a healer on this twice, didnt die the first time, no credit at all, for me and many others. Submit a ticket, got back, sorry Im a droid and since my programs does not recognize those letters in the words you used, there in nothing we can do...if this keeps happening, submit a ticket. ok so i exaggerated the droid part, but the rest was really their response, sorry nothing we can do, if it happens again submit a ticket...

Tried it again, no credit, althought i did die, I was back and healing before the boss fell....no credit, and now I know to not even bother asking why or if they can help....I give up on most things in this game and so far between the running from here to there...I find myself wandering off finding something else to do while I let my toon just disconnect. There is just too much space to run in between things, so much that my attention gets lost every time I try to play....and it doesnt help that when I ask for help all I get is a service droid that says open another ticket or sorry I dont know what you are saying and have no desire to try.

• 4 months later...
This happened to me last night. I died and was back in the area before the group killed Ulgo Siegebreaker on Alderaan and myself and one other in the group were denied credit for killing the boss. I submitted a ticket and it was closed with an email that basically told me the only thing that I could do was "reset the phase" and try again. Apparently CS in this game is unaware that the world bosses aren't in phases. I wish the CS droids would actually assist customers rather than closing tickets with inadequate responses and without seeing if their response was adequate to solve the problem.

World bosses aren't designed for you to death zerg. I am pleased there is a penalty for returning to the med center and running back, it stops people abusing world bosses and they are starting to get mechanics that reflect this (Dreadtooth).

Yeah it sucks at lower level since you don't have an in combat res, but thems the brakes. Once you get into Ops you'll learn that you should never release until the party is dead. You can get away with it in FPs because you aren't locked out in a boss fight but that doesn't make it a good idea.