New Ideas to Implement in SWTOR

JesseFiggy

So perhaps its just me, but I feel that all of my characters, once reaching level 55 become some what useless. No completely. Obviously when one reaches 55 they can do FP's, PVP WZ, and more. However the focus is on getting new and better armor to improve ones character to be more powerful. This is great however it loses its usefulness if you become powerful for the sake of power... so what.

So I would like to propose a new Idea. I propose a strictly regulated and intense tournament every week. This tournament would only apply to lvl 55 players. And it would be set up loosely as the following.

1. Only lvl 55 allowed to participate

2. There are 4 Ancient Seats that have existed long ago in the Rakata empire that were held only by the strongest and most powerful. These seats will be competed for constantly and held for a week. Then the tournament will start again.

3. It will begin with a team from each guild submitting 4 players lvl 55 into a queue that will bring them to a 3 stage tournament map.

4, The Tournament will consist of PVP interactions facing both online enemy players and computer generated players/, the PVP players will have 3 trials to go through to prove their strength, working with their team against the terrain, obstacles and other enemy teams. once a player has died they will only have 3 re-spawns to continue to assist their team mates. After that the player who fails will be kicked off the map and the team will be left with the 3 players. This will weed out the teams that do not make it. \

5. After the first round is over a second round will ensue that will only have the players that survived the previous round. The teams will go through a similar trial facing both online enemy teams and PC generated players. This level will be a little harder, eliminating more players and teams. This should leave a select amount of players to face each other and leave a standing team. The team that survives will not battle amongst themselves to see who is the strongest. Whoever wins this last battle will gain the Ancient Seat for a week with bonus points and privileges both for himself and his guild.

6. The bonuses would include, armor mods, hilts, blasters etc. along with xp points for the guild ( this would affect lower level players in that guild)

7. The player who controls the Ancient Seat will also be able to guide their guild with newly given powers, for example once the seat is gained by the player will be required to go to a terminal and prove that he has the Seat with a badge that he will receive and he can trade that Ancient Seat badge in for a perk for the week, ( perks such as double xp for the whole guild, reduced prices when doing sales transactions, new unlocked colors, and armor for the guild etc. )

8. There would be 4 of these tournaments going on weekly hence the 4 Ancient Seats

Ok so I understand there is A LOOOOOTTTTT to this that is over looked but the point im trying to drive is that once Level 55 is reached it will give SWTOR players more incentive to spend more time on SWTOR to get that honor of being on one of the Ancient Seat, this will make reaching lvl 55 worth it and not just get and buy armor for the sake of power but to reach glory on the Ancient Seat! The player can even be rewarded a new title " Ancient Seat Thane " or whatever you guys come up with. PLEASE let me know what you think , anyone! Especially the SWTOR developing team! Thank you !

So perhaps its just me, but I feel that all of my characters, once reaching level 55 become some what useless. No completely. Obviously when one reaches 55 they can do FP's, PVP WZ, and more. However the focus is on getting new and better armor to improve ones character to be more powerful. This is great however it loses its usefulness if you become powerful for the sake of power... so what.

So I would like to propose a new Idea. I propose a strictly regulated and intense tournament every week. This tournament would only apply to lvl 55 players. And it would be set up loosely as the following.

1. Only lvl 55 allowed to participate

2. There are 4 Ancient Seats that have existed long ago in the Rakata empire that were held only by the strongest and most powerful. These seats will be competed for constantly and held for a week. Then the tournament will start again.

3. It will begin with a team from each guild submitting 4 players lvl 55 into a queue that will bring them to a 3 stage tournament map.

4, The Tournament will consist of PVP interactions facing both online enemy players and computer generated players/, the PVP players will have 3 trials to go through to prove their strength, working with their team against the terrain, obstacles and other enemy teams. once a player has died they will only have 3 re-spawns to continue to assist their team mates. After that the player who fails will be kicked off the map and the team will be left with the 3 players. This will weed out the teams that do not make it. \

5. After the first round is over a second round will ensue that will only have the players that survived the previous round. The teams will go through a similar trial facing both online enemy teams and PC generated players. This level will be a little harder, eliminating more players and teams. This should leave a select amount of players to face each other and leave a standing team. The team that survives will not battle amongst themselves to see who is the strongest. Whoever wins this last battle will gain the Ancient Seat for a week with bonus points and privileges both for himself and his guild.

6. The bonuses would include, armor mods, hilts, blasters etc. along with xp points for the guild ( this would affect lower level players in that guild)

7. The player who controls the Ancient Seat will also be able to guide their guild with newly given powers, for example once the seat is gained by the player will be required to go to a terminal and prove that he has the Seat with a badge that he will receive and he can trade that Ancient Seat badge in for a perk for the week, ( perks such as double xp for the whole guild, reduced prices when doing sales transactions, new unlocked colors, and armor for the guild etc. )

8. There would be 4 of these tournaments going on weekly hence the 4 Ancient Seats

Ok so I understand there is A LOOOOOTTTTT to this that is over looked but the point im trying to drive is that once Level 55 is reached it will give SWTOR players more incentive to spend more time on SWTOR to get that honor of being on one of the Ancient Seat, this will make reaching lvl 55 worth it and not just get and buy armor for the sake of power but to reach glory on the Ancient Seat! The player can even be rewarded a new title " Ancient Seat Thane " or whatever you guys come up with. PLEASE let me know what you think , anyone! Especially the SWTOR developing team! Thank you !

this bioware,this has to be implimented

Thats agood idea but what if bio gives the power to lvl up to at least lvl 70 or 75 with more improved armor,mods,hilts and everything that we need to make to that lvl as well as lvling up our crew skills to and one more thing how about if they allow us to have 2 companions becoz of the higher lvls that we have fight..

That would be awesome but unfortunately the problem is that SWTOR leveling up system is centered around new planets, hence the new level cap with Makeb, that would mean they would have to create a few more planets ( which i have no doubt they will do in time ) but it would take a while to implement. I would love to see that !

• 1 month later...

The only thing I really want to have changed is the animations we currently have. Bioware. Can you please re-implement the original animations for using for example force push, throw, or close combat animations like finishers... Once when we stabbed our opponents the lightsaber actually pierced the enemy like Darth Maul and Quigon-Jin. Now its like we're stabbing them with a baseball bat. Or simply bashing they around with one... Come on guys. Its a lightsaber. Give us the feeling that we're actually using one.

About the force animations. The ones from early gameplay and beta testing were so awesome and dynamic. Now they are so incredibly fast phased. I'm having trouble noticing exactly what is happening. All I hear is a massive BOOM when using force push as a sage or a sorcerer ... completely discarding the animations because its over in less than a split second.

Can't you PLEASE re-implement the original animations. They were so much cooler. So much more dynamic. Really game the game a better feel and look. Lifting rocks slowly.....and THEN throwing them at people is AWESOME... Lifting yourself in the air......AND THEN pushing everthing around you away...IS AWESOME.

Having an epic close combat fight with a Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior ... dueling for minutes and finally making a 360 turn and stabbing them with your lightsaber is AWESOME! Instead of hitting them in the stomic and then on top of their heads! COME ON GUYS! Its a lightsaber... Not a baseball bat...

Please bring back the old animations. THEY WERE SO MUCH COOLER!