Commando - Assault Spec Hybrid 2.0 PVE Guide

LordKantner

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made a couple corrections for ya since I was browsing these today as well :)

8M Hard Grob’Thok: 3415 6th Highest Mercenary (yours says highest)

8M Hard Corruptor Zero: 3297 2nd Highest Mercenary on TORParse (once torparse updates overnight so I almost let it slide ;))

Not sure how you know which are 8 or 16 on DP? Maybe you went by length of fight? Only problem with that is for players that have done both 8 and 16, only the highest one shows on torparse leaderboards...However you did it, you must've missed this one:

http://www.torparse.com/a/518329/41/0/Damage+Dealt - 3233.46

8M Hard The Dread Masters: 2788 Highest Mercenary

Anyway, gotta say you're putting up a few good ones, you liking merc better? Comin' for ya on Brontes! I know you're not fully geared yet so I better create some breathing room on some of these! ;)

TORParse doesn't show some bosses, and with no other parse on the 8M DPS Leaderboard thread for mercs, I figured my parses were up there.

Rankings updated.

Merc's are smoking something that Mando's are not. I'm sure with full 78's I can get closer to your time to kill parses on my Merc.

Mandos hit less = less chances for Plasma Cell and less crits. I think Mercs may actually have more base Mainstat and Cunning as well :). At least come next patch I can shoot myself.

Edited by LordKantner

• 2 weeks later...

Hybrid may actually prove useful with kell drag SA and dread forged FR with the separate heal and damage proc timers something about more CB and every HiB has a chance to get at least one if not 2 power surge buffs.

Going to do some testing in raid fights, prestacking trauma on all raid members, then dpsing.

Fights like Nefra are going to be hella buffed for sure, the shorter the better.

Just to be sure I'm reading it right, for single target Ops bosses, you don't use any critical gear, and you don't use assault plastique at all?

In the hybrid spec, that does not contain assault plastique, I would not use crit because the 2 piece is giving you 15% on an ability you are using a majority of the time. There are very few bosses that I use the hybrid nowadays since the changes to Assault Plastique making its damage output higher overall. The only boss in DF/DP I consistently use it is grobthok.

In full assault for commandos I would say about 150-250 crit will be fine, and no less than 100 for diminishing returns.

In full assault I am using plastique off cd, and because of this it will change its spot in the filler, which can be confusing, but it ends up being slightly more dps than waiting a few seconds.

Hopefully than answers your question.

In the hybrid spec, that does not contain assault plastique, I would not use crit because the 2 piece is giving you 15% on an ability you are using a majority of the time. There are very few bosses that I use the hybrid nowadays since the changes to Assault Plastique making its damage output higher overall. The only boss in DF/DP I consistently use it is grobthok.

In full assault for commandos I would say about 150-250 crit will be fine, and no less than 100 for diminishing returns.

In full assault I am using plastique off cd, and because of this it will change its spot in the filler, which can be confusing, but it ends up being slightly more dps than waiting a few seconds.

Hopefully than answers your question.

Sure did, thanks. I'll try to get the hang of Assault before I try out the hybrid. Definitely trickier than Gunnery, but it seems to be worth it. My critical is around 330 so I'll bring it down.

Edited by kingdavidowns

Will be testing a 0/28ish/16ish spec with Curtain of fire as well as Ionic Accelerator due to the changes coming in 2.7.

I have tried this spec before and when everything proc'ed and it was a good 4600 dps. The problem was that Curtain of Fire did not reliably proc until now.

Will be testing a 0/28ish/16ish spec with Curtain of fire as well as Ionic Accelerator due to the changes coming in 2.7.

I have tried this spec before and when everything proc'ed and it was a good 4600 dps. The problem was that Curtain of Fire did not reliably proc until now.

Wont be like that, CD will be 8s not 6 so no grav grav fa.

Edited by Gyronamics

Wont be like that, CD will be 8s not 6 so no grav grav fa.

If it was 6 seconds you wouldn't have a GCD for IR, EN, Plasma, etc.....

It fits quite well....

I think peeps forget FA is 2 GCD's, so firing 3 grav rounds + listed ability above + your FA is 8 seconds.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"Anyone in gunnery has felt the pain of firing grav round after grav round never seeing that Full Auto cooldown reset."

"Quite possibly the most annoying part of gunnery."

I know these posts are old, but i'm gonna post a correction anyway :p

I THINK as of this date, The talent CURTAIN of FIRE, is bugged. EVERY single time

I pop Full Auto, then follow up with Charged Bolts. Full Auto's CD refreshes for me 100%.

which is pretty yum yum.. but i still love Assault Spec though over Gunnery.