Just stop with the stupidity please

savagedialects

I dont care that my class can tank or heal or what have you. I am a dps. I expect to do just as much damage as anyone else that is speced as a dps.

I am tired of reading these threads about how Marauders/Sents and Snipers/Gunslingers and whatever should inherently do more damage than me - an Assassin (I am supposed to kill things... its why I'm an ASSASSIN) - simply because of their class. I don't really care what any Pure DPS class says. You chose that class because you wanted to, and I chose mine because I wanted to. Your argument is foolish. ANY hybrid class should be able to dps JUST AS GOOD as you IF NOT BETTER. I can't just bust out tanking as a Madness Assassin Or Balance Shadow. It doesnt work like that because it isn't a TANK spec. You see where I am going with this?

All dps should be created equal -- jUst as all tanks and healers should be. Sorry you were too narrow minded to roll a hybrid class I guess? That doesn't mean you get to destroy us all in damage. How does that make any sense?

They don't make any straight Tank or Heal classes. Why give Straight dps classes an unfair-and-stupid-in-pvp-and-pve advantage?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but if all classes gained the same numbers, it would make a players choice of character purely based on how they look and nothing more. All classes have their advantages and disadvantages. You choose assassin, not all other classes get to stealth by a ton of mobs.

Sorry, but if all classes gained the same numbers, it would make a players choice of character purely based on how they look and nothing more. All classes have their advantages and disadvantages. You choose assassin, not all other classes get to stealth by a ton of mobs.

And isn't that what you want? People to chose a class based on what they want to play and what is cool? Not flavor of the month BS and stupid class imbalances. I don't see why everyone who wants to do dps isn't playing a Marauder/Sent, as they are the most dps.

Your logic is flawed.

Lol, furthermore, a disadvantage to a dps class should not be less dps. That isn't fair. The disadvantage should be the fact that their third spec is a tank spec. Which is probably more of an advantage.

Edited by savagedialects

Ehh... You should use your basic gamer senses and look at this again, you can pop Dark Charge as a Madness guy, get the armor increase and such, but as an Sniper, one simply can't jump into their tanking pants and start mitigating damage and taunting people all over the place, as Assassin's, Powertech's and Juggernaut's can.

And then there are the the Healing classes, such as Sorcerer's, Operative's and Merc's, should they get as much damage as a Annihilation Marauder and still be left with the power to switch to heal mode any time of the day? (Field respec)

Ehh... You should use your basic gamer senses and look at this again, you can pop Dark Charge as a Madness guy, get the armor increase and such, but as an Sniper, one simply can't jump into their tanking pants and start mitigating damage and taunting people all over the place, as Assassin's, Powertech's and Juggernaut's can.

And then there are the the Healing classes, such as Sorcerer's, Operative's and Merc's, should they get as much damage as a Annihilation Marauder and still be left with the power to switch to heal mode any time of the day? (Field respec)

All I have to say is, TOUGH LUCK.

Snipers picked that class knowing that they are only going to be able to dps. And honestly, Flipping over to dark charge is a waste of force. Sorc/Op heals are pathetic of not specced for it. It's called having utility.

My Gunslinger does more damage than my merc now, 1.1 that wasn't true and it pissed me off, because all my gunslinger had was damage, my merc, even arsenal specced still had heals. I think all dps specs should do a good amount of dps, but sniper/mara should do a bit more because they have no other options. It's a trade off, a lack of utility for a boost in damage.

"Give me more powah, and just don't play the dps classes" is a silly proposition. Why would they make four classes suck after spending their time and money developing them?

I dont care that my class can tank or heal or what have you. I am a dps. I expect to do just as much damage as anyone else that is speced as a dps.

I am tired of reading these threads about how Marauders/Sents and Snipers/Gunslingers and whatever should inherently do more damage than me - an Assassin (I am supposed to kill things... its why I'm an ASSASSIN) - simply because of their class. I don't really care what any Pure DPS class says. You chose that class because you wanted to, and I chose mine because I wanted to. Your argument is foolish. ANY hybrid class should be able to dps JUST AS GOOD as you IF NOT BETTER. I can't just bust out tanking as a Madness Assassin Or Balance Shadow. It doesnt work like that because it isn't a TANK spec. You see where I am going with this?

All dps should be created equal -- jUst as all tanks and healers should be. Sorry you were too narrow minded to roll a hybrid class I guess? That doesn't mean you get to destroy us all in damage. How does that make any sense?

They don't make any straight Tank or Heal classes. Why give Straight dps classes an unfair-and-stupid-in-pvp-and-pve advantage?

TL:DR

You are a hybrid class. you do not get to, nor deserve to keep up with gunslingers/sentinels. nuff said

Typical RAGE-QUEEN SYNDROME, here have a macaroni of Prozacs :o it will do you good.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts though, they are very very interesting.

TL:DR

You are a hybrid class. you do not get to, nor deserve to keep up with gunslingers/sentinels. nuff said

Sigh.

I am a hybrid class, but I AM A DPS.

Assassin = class

Darkness = tank spec.

I don't get to roll around as a tank when I am not speced for it. What do you not understand. As a madness assassin I have like 3 survivability tools.

Force cloak (which all assassins have)

Saber ward (Which all assassins have)

Vanish (All assassins have this)

Pretty sure snipers and whatever have like 5 or 6 and all their dps trees offer some sort of survivability cool-down or neat perk.

I get NO increased survival at all as madness. I don't know what you are talking about. If I roll a dps I expect to be able to beat some kid rolling his face on the keyboard.

It's one thing my class cant tank anything now.

If anything, an assassin after 1.3 is just a dps class with 2 specs instead of 3.

And if you are going to post something like

"THAT'S WHAT YOU GET!"

you need to reread the whole thread.

I don't look to tank things as a DPS. The fact you people think I can just flip stances and tank anything or take like 90% less damage need to uninstall.

Play an assassin first, then talk.

Additionally, we are a cloth/tissue/light armor class.

Meaning we are like the paper melee. Meaning everything else in melee range have more survivability than me purely based on armor.

Edited by savagedialects

I think you need to go back to WoW. Even though I've adapted to having the "any class should be able to compete" mentality, it's not something you can actually expect from a different game to carry over here. To expect otherwise and QQ is just pointless at this stage, and it doesn't even seem like you are even open to a discussion.

I'll just let your OWN words explain your predicament:

It's one thing my class cant tank anything now.

If anything, an assassin after 1.3 is just a dps class with 2 specs instead of 3.

So you are complaining that the class you rolled can't tank anymore. And by now you've probably realized Assassin dps for PvE is pretty horrible. You don't just want to play your assassin for the "fun factor" but actually want to compete on the meters.

Frankly you picked the wrong class and might want to reroll. When other's have suggested that you say:

I don't really care what any Pure DPS class says. You chose that class because you wanted to, and I chose mine because I wanted to.

You chose your class to tank am I right? When that didn't work out you tried to dps and noticed others are doing more damage.

All I have to say is, TOUGH LUCK.

Snipers picked that class knowing that they are only going to be able to dps.

So you admit that people who were serious about filling the dps role intentionally picked a class that does mainly . . . . . . that's right, dps. You picked a tanking class and now want that to magically turn out to a dps class. You might as well petition for a "change your advanced class" button to be installed into the game.

Finally, no need to say any more since you already said it.

"THAT'S WHAT YOU GET!"

Um, assassin isn't a tanking class. It's a dps class that can choose to tank. I have to agree with the OP. Pigeonholing classes based on having one non-dps tree choice isn't right. The dps trees should be just as viable, and at least be within 5% of pure dps. That was BW's stated goal, and in many cases they're nowhere near that close.

There are broken trees in nearly every class, mostly dps trees, and BW needs to fix them.

Again I will restate.

ASSASSIN = CLASS

DARKNESS = TANK

Assassin isnt a tanking class. It's a class that can tank. All the classes are inherently dps. You chose weather or not you want to tank or dps or heal. Just because I have the option to repsec to a tank doesn't mean my dps should be lower in my dps spec. Make sense please.

Edited by savagedialects

Assassin isnt a tanking class. It's a class that can tank. All the classes are inherently dps. You chose weather or not you want to tank or dps or heal. Just because I have the option to repsec to a tank doesn't mean my dps should be lower in my dps spec. Make sense please.

Again you missed the point.

Maybe there's another way I can say this. My Sorc can dps or heal. As a dps I top the charts. I can dps with ZERO issues. I play a hybrid class.

An Operative class can dps or heal. Their PvE dps is not up to par. It's just the current round of nerf/buffs and they are at the lower end of dps damage.

You play an Assassin class yes. Your class can tank or dps. Your class's dps is subpar at the moment.

My point, reroll and play a class that has better pve dps results if that is what you are after. Class position in terms of dps meters change from patch to patch. Either just dps on your assassin and be happy with the results or just reroll a different class.

I can assure you that if you rolled a SIth Marauder FOR dps'ing that you won't be disappointed.

Again you missed the point.

Maybe there's another way I can say this. My Sorc can dps or heal. As a dps I top the charts. I can dps with ZERO issues. I play a hybrid class.

An Operative class can dps or heal. Their PvE dps is not up to par. It's just the current round of nerf/buffs and they are at the lower end of dps damage.

You play an Assassin class yes. Your class can tank or dps. Your class's dps is subpar at the moment.

My point, reroll and play a class that has better pve dps results if that is what you are after. Class position in terms of dps meters change from patch to patch. Either just dps on your assassin and be happy with the results or just reroll a different class.

I can assure you that if you rolled a SIth Marauder FOR dps'ing that you won't be disappointed.

I out damage everybody I play with. I'm not disapointed at all with my dps; in fact, I usually top all of the charts as Madness. I love this spec... I don't want o reroll because flavor of the month BS. People need to understand that There are only 3 tanks in the game. Just because I am an assassin doesn't mean I am a tank. My disadvantage is that I only have 2 dps specs to play with.

Read the first post. I'm not asking for a buff. I'm asking for a mindset change. You should WANT the classes to have the same base dps values. That makes the game skill oriented. You don't play an assassin. We can't tank HM OPS at all now. It simply is not possible. I have to dps OPS. So Please, accept Assassin dps of any spec as an acceptable form of it. I do around 2k in BiS gear and I am tired of all the hate.

While I don't have the same rage and anger that the OP has, I do think he's mostly right. Any tree labeled as DPS should be able to play competitively against any other tree labeled as DPS. Obviously the numbers shouldn't be exactly the same; that would remove any variety between classes. Instead, the DPS trees with lower raw damage numbers (such as Assassin) should bring in more utility to make up for it. Conversely, trees with incredibly high raw damage should have somewhat less utility in order to make the playing field more or less level. I believe this is in line with Bioware's original goal of not creating any DPS class that's inherently weaker overall than the others.

Read the first post. I'm not asking for a buff. I'm asking for a mindset change.

Wow didn't get that AT ALL from your original post. I'd suggest you reread it along with your other posts. You scream of "I want Assassin dps to do as much as pure dps classes".

Why didn't you just start out with "I'm not asking for a buff. I'm asking for a mindset change." More along the lines of, can pure dps classes stop asking for buffs to outdps my hybrid class or something like that. Or "I top the dps charts as a hybrid class, deal with it pure dps classes".

a good player will beat a weaker player regadless of what the numbers say i play a "hybrid" class a comando and im matching pure dps classes in ops for dps (i dont pvp personaly) your probelm might not be the class it might be YOU not getting the best from your chosen class

you say stop with the stupidity yet you are the one who fails at grasping the FACT that bioware has said that marauders and sniper will be able to do more damage then the other classes because they only do damage.

Stealth doesn't help with the numbers, but numbers aren't everything. With stealth you can always guarantee an alpha strike. You also get two single target stuns. I can sort of agree to snipers getting the shorter end of the stick as they can do their damage from ranged where as marauders and assassins are required to get in close. Also, there's the difference between burst and sustained. As assassins you guys should be getting high burst - eliminating a key target before they can react. As marauders I'd say which one they excel at should be dependent on their spec. As for snipers ... Not sure, but I would believe it'd also be dependent on their spec. Edited by Daikeru
Grammer issue (^_^")

You cannot and will not ever do the same dps as a gunslinger/sent/sniper/mara if you are an AC that is a hybrid.

If that evar happens and i mean evar then i in return demand guard,taunts and heals. in fact i demand that now, lets go to my new thread guys!

END THIS MADNESS!1 RAWR

GIVE MARA'S MORE HEALS AND TAUNTZ!

Edited by Huggsnotdruggs

• 2 weeks later...

I am tired of reading these threads about how Marauders/Sents and Snipers/Gunslingers and whatever should inherently do more damage than me - an Assassin (I am supposed to kill things... its why I'm an ASSASSIN) - simply because of their class. I don't really care what any Pure DPS class says. You chose that class because you wanted to, and I chose mine because I wanted to. Your argument is foolish. ANY hybrid class should be able to dps JUST AS GOOD as you IF NOT BETTER.....

...And I stopped reading after the bolded part.

Look dude, it's a simple concept. As a hybrid, you have the OPTION to DPS or TANK based on what spec you choose. PURE DPS classes don't have that option, period, case closed, end of story.

We have ONE ROLE with all 3 specs; DPS. The Assassin "can" fill TWO roles with ONE class dependant on what spec they choose. Just because you choose not to use both roles doesn't mean you should be equal to a class who doesn't have an option.

Furthermore, you're getting way too wrapped around the axle on class names. A marauder; in the literal sense, is a rogue bandit with no loyalties. A Sentinel; is a guardian or man at arms standing a post. To put it simply, class names don't mean squat when discribing roles in this game.

Edited by SFC-Lawndart

I'm confused...

First the OP says his DPS is NOT as good as Snipers & Mara's...

Then he goes on to say he "always tops the dps charts"....

/Troll Move along, nothing to see here.