the answer to balance

Tragamite

buff every ones health! If a sorc/sage had 22k health base at 50 and tanks had upwards of 35-40k then these 7k hits wouldn't hurt as bad. People would get to do more damage over time and killing healers would increase as priorities. Stun locks would not mean instadeath and give the player a chance to counter.

PvE wise bosses could be harder mops could be harder. You could maintain the current damage/healing and not OP either. Maintain skills and CCs and not OP either.

Buff the base health of all classes and buff the health gained by gear towards roles. Thus for a warrior the war leader set would give bonuses to defense shield absorption and health, while the vindicator set gives bonuses to strength power critic and surge to minimize the idea that a DPS warrior could gain the health of a tank and still drop the 7k hits.

Terrible idea, especially in a game with all objective oriented PVP. No nodes would be capped, no bombs would be planted, no scores would be prevented. Hypergate and Novare would never end. Edited by Racter

Yeah bad idea, although I admit it sounds good at 1st. Truth is while TTK might seem really low, it's in a good place if you have 2 healers. Meaning if you raise the TTK, while it might make matches without healers a little less painful, it would indirectly make healers totally OP. Give them twice as much time to do their job, and all of a sudden it would just seem like no ever dies.

This wouldn't help at all. All this would do is make the current heavy hitters not seem to be as troublesome, but it'd make the current low hitters be even worse. I don't fancy having to kill someone with double the health whilst still doing my bad damage as a Sorc.

Caps could be made the way they can now through the use of cc. Maybe my base health is a bit exaggerated but it would overall improve the state of the game IMO.

Currently the complaints of PvP are stuns and smash. Health boosts minimizes the effectiveness of both. Healing currently is great with 2-3 healers if group comp is favorable towards them. Groups with no tanks still have low surviveability and minimal DPS means you still can't kill anyone.

Groups of stun smashers would be marginalized as good group composition makes a return to Ranked matches. While I agree with the argument that healers given all players had double the health would have twice the time to react, yet an increase in health to all players to an acceptable amount would not OP them.

Smash is an aoe 7k attack I've yet to see a 7k aoe heal to counter it. even afforded the chance to come out of a unlock with 1k or less health could give a player the opportunity to attempt to counter. I've never heard anyone say "man that guy is good he just stunned me to death!" have you?

While a health boost may not be the absolute answer to balance it would greatly benefit all. Additionally id add that recruit gear should give more health than EWH as a way to improve surviveability to new recruits over the effectiveness of EWH gear. Stats like +70 armor +10 Str +3 end +20 pow +15 exp +30 crit +30 surge from

ROFL have you ever PVPed in this game? There are at least 8 off the top of my head that can hit this hard and harder.

Well, call me a noob, but what would those 8 abilities be? I mean, we're talking regular PvP, not optimized EWH against PvE heroes, right? Because I can't think of anything else hitting as hard. Railshot? Nah. Maul? Nah. Discharge? Nah. Deathfield? Nah. Hidden Strike? Nah. Ambush? Don't think so. Maybe a Ravage from a Carnage Marauder with active 100% armor ignore, but then again, that's a combo of two skills with a 3s execution time, interruptable by stuns, mezzes and knockbacks.

Does every single player on my server just suck at putting together their gear, or is that statement a... little... exaggerated?

ROFL have you ever PVPed in this game? There are at least 8 off the top of my head that can hit this hard and harder.

Not on someone with 1300 expertise there aren't. Only Smash.

And while props to the OP for making constructive suggestions, boosting everyone's health would make PvP worse. Classes that do smaller damage, or burst damage, would be stuffed. Stuffed-er.

Edited by Wainamoinen

Increasing the health pools wouldn't fix the balance issues at all.

What would happen :-

Jug and Powertech tanks would become weaker as their damage would not be able to close the gap when their cooldowns dropped off.

Sin tanks would become considerably stronger as their self heal would gain a significant boost.

High sustain damage classes like combust spec powertechs and marauders would become stronger.

Concealment operatives would become considerably weaker as all they have is their opening burst.

Sorcs, not really sure as their self heal might actually help them to outlast higher sustained damage classes. My guess is they would actually become weaker.

Mercs still won't get a cast off so they would still be useless.

In my own opinion, all kinds classes should be balance, for example all DPS, should the same chance for win with other DPS class, I plays assassin deception this is typical dps assassin and on WZ i only one time made 446k dmg (usually around 200k) but for juggernaut is nothing special.

The same lvl assassin haven't any chance with the same lvl juggernaut. I saw many movies and I saw how easy all jugg's hard hit it is silly for me. For me should be change something because plays other dps than juggernaut wont be have any sense.

If you compare assassin tank and juggernaut tank you will see that juggs in this category win. So I wondering what intention programmers has when they created assassins class.

Seen some posts in here saying TTK is in a good place.

No offence meant, but I want whatever you're smoking!

Lets take an average healthpool of ~20k for non tank builds, in pretty much optimized gear. (1200+ expertise etc..)

5k hits are very common, most classes can pump out 2-3 in a row without much hassle.

When the stars allign, some classes can run you down in 5-6 GcD's, granted with a little RnG luck.

Some classes have superb survivability tools that can draw out the TTK, other classes do not.

On my PT I can pretty much obliterate squishy's in absolutely no time.

Knights/warriors can do the same, as can snipers, and an assassin can rip you a new hole before you knew what happened to.

Anyway, not to rant (much) but in allot of situations people die before they even had a chance to react properly.

Thats not just down to silly amounts of burst (5k hits on 20k healthpools) but also the (imo) flawed resolve system.

A 4 second stun, considering 1 player alone can take over a quarter of your health in a single GcD seems rather silly.

You can't say TTK in tor is in a good place and really mean it, unless you want PvP to play like an FpS with "BOOM HEADSHOT" every other second.

I'd be quite happy if they toned down ALL the burst a little, and I really think that alone could make PvP more enjoyable.

Edited by Cuppcake

you people trying to pound a square peg into a round hole whining about balance

balance will never be achieved between classes where classes are different. here are your options:

1 - make every class identical

2 - stop sucking

use your brain, play to your class and spec strengths, pick your battles, oh wait i probably lost you at "use your brain" so i'll just stop now

I do think TTK is in a good place right now. It could stand to be just a little bit higher, but it is currently not horrible.

I think one of the things that would relieve a lot of the frustration from PvP is to lower the base cool down of the everyone's CC-break skill to 1 minute. This would make the CC-breaker have an equal cool down to most of the ST stuns. Having your CC-break available more often would also mean less time spent stunlocked to death.

Not on someone with 1300 expertise there aren't. Only Smash.

And while props to the OP for making constructive suggestions, boosting everyone's health would make PvP worse. Classes that do smaller damage, or burst damage, would be stuffed. Stuffed-er.

I hit regular 6.5k's with maul on my assassin against max epertise. Against pve heroes I did a 8.4k maul though :)

Railshot can hit that hard, too. Warzone buff with bloodthirst \o/. But yeah, there's not as much as 8 abilities... I can think of maul, railshot and maybe ambush

I hit regular 6.5k's with maul on my assassin against max epertise. Against pve heroes I did a 8.4k maul though :)

Railshot can hit that hard, too. Warzone buff with bloodthirst \o/. But yeah, there's not as much as 8 abilities... I can think of maul, railshot and maybe ambush

Lol.

You have 6.5k mauls regularly against max expertise? Seriously, did you just say regularly? Regularly enough to compare it to the consistency of 'smash'? Lul.

You would have to have bloodthirst + the dps boost on the maps in order to hit that hard. And I'm pretty sure you don't have those regularly. Just because you hit that number once every 15 games doesn't mean anything.

*I have not read this thread, just read this guy's comment so I'm not posting with regard to anything in this thread other than his single comment.

Edited by Polymerize

Lol.

You have 6.5k mauls regularly against max expertise? Seriously, did you just say regularly? Regularly enough to compare it to the consistency of 'smash'? Lul.

You would have to have bloodthirst + the dps boost on the maps in order to hit that hard. And I'm pretty sure you don't have those regularly. Just because you hit that number once every 15 games doesn't mean anything.

*I have not read this thread, just read this guy's comment so I'm not posting with regard to anything in this thread other than his single comment.

/sigh

Regularly as in at least 3 times in a warzone, in every warzone, every day. My maul is ~2-3k WITHOUT a crit, i'll let you calculate the rest.

Wait no. Add 78% surge and 30% crit strike damage :)

I'll let you calculate what I'd do with bloodthirst and dps boost. I'm comparing to smash as in it can hit over 5k on max expertise without a problem (considering the target doesn't have heavy armor, as maul is mitigated by armor rating).

In response to the ******** comments, I'm pretty sure you don't know much about assassins to say that I hit it once every 15 games. Again, it's against people with 1.3k expertise that I hit 6.5k against. AGAIN, armor rating mitigates it.

Edited by Arkillon

Lol.

On my Assassin alt, with a combination of strafing and mouseturning, I can constantly spam Maul on anyone I attack.

"Behind the target" simply means "Off to the side, kind of". Yes, Maul can be used "regularly".

Edited by Arlanon

On my Assassin alt, with a combination of strafing and mouseturning, I can constantly spam Maul on anyone I attack.

"Behind the target" simply means "Off to the side, kind of". Yes, Maul can be used "regularly".

Derp? Obviously it can be used regularly. Reread what I've written.

I'm stating it does not hit for 6k regularly. Not often at all actually; almost never to be precise.

You will hit 5k mauls on sorcs. That is about it. If you have proof of anything otherwise I'd be glad to take a look.

And 'proof' and not mean a single shot of you hitting 6.5k on someone. Proof as in a full length video and you doing it 'regularly'.