Returning, Imps, and PvP

FailFitSloop

Hey all, I'm a returning player after a few months away from the game, used to play on KV before merges.

Straight to the point, are there no good imp pvp guilds on the server? Often run into multiple republic premades but rarely ever see a decent imperial premade. Just trying to get the lay of the land in the pvp scene.

See you in the pit pubbies,

Flipflops

You must not be getting the right groups. (Excuse any misspellings) Uncensored, Tryhards United, Unicorn Stampede, Team Luckyseven and Virtus et Honor are all teams I see frequently (off the top of my head). I don't know if they're all PvP centered or not, but they all have respectable PvP groups running. My guild (Vengeful Malice) is more PvE-oriented, but there's also a few of us who run PvP, as well.

There are some very solid Imps playing. Problem for you is that most of them will only q with their guildees or friends, so that leaves only 4 spots open for pugs. Like I said... a lot of the solid players will not simply pug with randoms. One of the better plays I see that does pug with randoms is Powertaco. I do on the republic side. It can be frustrating though.

There are some very solid Imps playing. Problem for you is that most of them will only q with their guildees or friends, so that leaves only 4 spots open for pugs. Like I said... a lot of the solid players will not simply pug with randoms. One of the better plays I see that does pug with randoms is Powertaco. I do on the republic side. It can be frustrating though.

I solo queue often. I might not be great, but I'm at least geared. :o Anyone can feel free to hit me up for a group if you see me on. I mean, c'mon, I'm even FOTM bubblestun! :rak_03:

Bubblestun! I'm specced that way half the time on Cheerleader. I don't find it as fun to play, but boy does it piss off the opponent. I can still get good numbers... not great... but I think AOE healing is more fun to play in PVP.

Bubblestun is a little less fun to play, but I kinda enjoy bubbling a teamate who's about to lose a 2v1 and the stun gives the healer enough time to get them patched up. I run Madness hybrid for that. My DPS has suffered, that's for sure. I think the utility is making up for it, even if I don't have gaudy scoreboard numbers anymore. I'm just trying to get my op healer to 50. Coming from a sorc, there are so many "OH S#!T" buttons on my op it's not even funny...Now that War Hero is so much cheaper, I'm hopeful to be competitive on that toon relatively shortly.

I tell ya, though, switching from DPS to healing and back again, it's really hard to keep straight in my brain! :confused:

Straight to the point, are there no good imp pvp guilds on the server? Often run into multiple republic premades but rarely ever see a decent imperial premade. Just trying to get the lay of the land in the pvp scene.

Flipflops

You will find that IMP premades, and even solo queing you will beat Republics with the regularity of Chewbacca after gobbling down a box of Branflakes.

Pretty much all of the queued groups for ranked PVP are 99% Imp. You probably have a better chance of selling a Popsicle to a Wampa on Hoth in December than you have of seeing a Rep team queue for ranked. Good luck with that!

It does get old though... winning isn't everything, or so I'm told. Reps on this server are typically Luke Skywalker wannabe's, wandering aimlessly through warzones asking for directions to "Mos Eisley". Try to ease up on them.

Oh wait a second... what has two thumbs up and is full of it?? .... this guy!!!!

Sorry I thought it was total opposite day.

Its true that most of the top PvP players on Imp side don't solo queue much. I prefer to queue up with guildies and friends when I can, but I solo que quite a bit as well when i'm just knocking out the daily or when guildies are running PVE stuff.

FORTH!!! I didn't know you were on the forums here. I don't feel so lonely. :D

You will find that IMP premades, and even solo queing you will beat Republics with the regularity of Chewbacca after gobbling down a box of Branflakes.

Pretty much all of the queued groups for ranked PVP are 99% Imp. You probably have a better chance of selling a Popsicle to a Wampa on Hoth in December than you have of seeing a Rep team queue for ranked. Good luck with that!

It does get old though... winning isn't everything, or so I'm told. Reps on this server are typically Luke Skywalker wannabe's, wandering aimlessly through warzones asking for directions to "Mos Eisley". Try to ease up on them.

Oh wait a second... what has two thumbs up and is full of it?? .... this guy!!!!

Sorry I thought it was total opposite day.

You should have seen the look on my face until your next to last line. :rak_02:

:p