LD50 PvE -NiM TFB progression- PSA

ZionXIII

Hello to all the progression focused ops teams on JC! Thank you for taking a few minutes to check in and hear what we have to say.

I am Gash, PvE/Operation officer for Lethal Dose Fifty, and have been heading up our progression efforts. We have received many inquiries regarding our progression with the recently released Nightmare mode TFB, and I'd like to take a moment to address the community directly, so there is no confusion about where I, and as an extension, the LD50 ops team stands.

I think by now it is obvious the main issue is dealing with the Heirad, Ciphas and Kel'sara encounter, and how it relates to what we consider proper progression. Let me be clear on this. Under no circumstance will we bypass this encounter by dropping the instance to hard mode.

In our view this is an unintended method of bypassing the encounter and would invalidate any claim we could make toward legitimate progression this tier. Additionally it would be disrespectful to those guilds/individuals who have put in the amount of time needed to kill this without the advantage of gear obtained from Op IX, Kephess and TFB.

LD50 loves competition, both in pvp and pve and have since launch. We have put a lot of effort into being the best we can be. This however will not come at the cost of our integrity, which I fear would be in jeopardy were we to take advantage of aforementioned HM/NiM lockout mechanic.

While I do not condone doing this, I do not harbor any ill will to the guilds who have chosen to take the path of least resistance in their efforts to obtain the rewards this operation has to offer. However, I would like to invite any guild that has not yet done so to consider their actions carefully, put some thought into the decision and join our effort to keep PvE progression as equitable as possible for everyone who is willing to put in the effort.

I hope that this has cleared up some of the confusion around what has been going on, and what our intentions are going forward. If you have any further questions for LD50 in regards to our PvE efforts, please direct them to me personally in game. I have instructed my guys/gals not to discuss specifics with non-guild members, and to refer any further questions to me.

~Gash

ld-fifty.com

Edited by ZionXIII

I'm sure half the server is at this point, but we in Solus have killed nightmare Writhing Horror and are currently working on Nightmare Dread Guards as well. We haven't had the chance to spend that much time on this fight yet, so we are still in the learning process.

We've been tracking boss health at varying checkpoints against the few guilds who have killed it or come very close so far, and our raid is split on whether we think it's possible for our current group. I will push us to keep trying Dread Guards on nightmare until we have flawless execution and have exhausted most of our DPS maximization options. We are still a long way from that point.

Our group configuration is slightly different than the guilds killing this boss, however. We have never faced an enrage timer quite this tight before. If we ever get to the point on this fight where I feel that our progress will be halted by our group make-up and not our coordination, then I will suggest that we skip the fight to finish the rest in nightmare. We like each other, and do not feel we should switch anyone out for a class that fits better for this encounter.

That being said, you most likely have little to fear from us in terms of competition because with our RL schedules over the next month we only have two two-hour long nightmare raids blocked out per week. But I am interested to see what all the other JC progression guild's take on this is.

Edited by Gilthanel

Good post Gash.

Ascension isn't skipping DG for the same reason you guys are not. This is probably the most fun we've had on an encounter in a while. Lowest thus far for us has been a 15% wipe on Kel'sara in about 7 hour of attempts. We just need to clean up phase 3 and find more ways to contribute extra dps.

However, its summer time and a few of our members are not able to make our raid days the next two weeks so it will be tough for us to schedule proper NiM attempts. We will see if we can work around this but may not be able to go into NiM for another two week :(

Were still not fully min/maxed (some missing relics, implants and Bis 72 enhancements) so we may farm HM with alts/mains if time permits.

Edited by BlackMoD

I vouch for not skipping the dread guards as do others in our guild. We have taken a break since we've got a little tired of the fight and split off into groups but we hopefully will be going after it again soon. That is your update from here in RG.

I have heard rumors that Gunslingers are outdated old cons and that LD lacks the required battle-hardened, military-grade Snipers required for progression. What are your thoughts on this, Gash?

A sniper is only as good as his spotter; where would you be without your support team? I will Acquiesce to your claims solely on the basis that the Orbital Strikes you can call down don't have that green pool obfuscating ground blaze :rolleyes:

I hope you find this Acceptable.

Edited by ZionXIII

A sniper is only as good as his spotter; where would you be without your support team? I will Acquiesce to your claims solely on the basis that the Orbital Strikes you can call down don't have that green pool obfuscating ground blaze :rolleyes:

I hope you find this Acceptable.

Well played, well played. Hope your attempts are going well, we all wish you the best of luck on moar server firsts.