New HUTTBALL arenas plz!

TheOgJediCouncil

Bioware, it is highly agreable everytime i bring this topic up in game, it seems that everyone would be extremely happy for a brand new huttball arena! You know, huttball is my favorite warzone, i think it requires the most skill and team play and playing the same old arena for it is just kinda boring. If you kept the same rules and same old huttball gametype, but just gave us a whole new arena (indoor, outdoor. in space, underground. etc...) to play in with all new obsticles to the course it would be very good for the game, and make all pvpers happy: :) Thank you- Have A Nice Day

-Masterventura

I love the Huttball game mode, because it's so dynamic. Please, add some more Huttball arenas BioWare! Maybe add a few additional things.

You could easily switch out the fire panels for lasers. The acid pits could be switched out with Vast Pits of Nothing (a la Voidstar). Whirlwind generators could have a gravity lift added that periodically raises or lowers characters. The possibilities are endless!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just posted an idea of a variant of Huttball in the suggestions forum: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6278331#post6278331

It's like a reverse Huttball, where you don't want to have the ball at the end of the match, similar to hot potato. The ball is a bomb, and the team possessing the bomb at the end of the time limit loses. One team starts with the bomb and has to bring it to the enemy's side to transfer it.

What do you think?

As Asvarduil mentioned, the possibilities are endless! I think more game types and objective variations only serve to make things more interesting. The variation you mention above reminds me of the card game "Old Maid." Woe be upon he who is stuck with her when the last match is laid down. :eek:

That and more voidstar maps. I think we have enough pylon/node/turret capturing.

Actually, Voidstar itself require some redesign. Second doors is TOO EASY to defend. Bioware should redesign them just like first doors or in some other way to give attackers a chance.

Healers and tanks don't kill the ball carriers.

Actually, tanks do kill ball carriers. A lo of ball carrier deaths are due to tank jedi shadows and tank vanguards using pulls. So, my point stands. For huttball, an ideal team would have 1 of each tank class, 2 sages, 1 scoundrel medic, 1 combat sentinel (only for speed buffing), and 1 sniper (30 meter flash bang).

Actually, tanks do kill ball carriers. A lo of ball carrier deaths are due to tank jedi shadows and tank vanguards using pulls. So, my point stands. For huttball, an ideal team would have 1 of each tank class, 2 sages, 1 scoundrel medic, 1 combat sentinel (only for speed buffing), and 1 sniper (30 meter flash bang).

Vangaurds can use pulls as DPS and I'm not sure if they are still played, but many people pre 2.0 played Assassin tank spec with DPS gear and with intentions of DPS meaning they also get pulls.

Huttball over the mouth of sarlaac - its a no brainer. Tentacles instead of fire pits that drag you in, fits with the lore being that its hutts on tatooine, use skiffs as platforms, some with springboards maybe. Make it a seasonal event, with rewards only obtained during a season - specific gear for pvp, or new relics etc, saber crystals armor etc. Huttball cup or something.

Huttball is the best thing the pvp team came up with in this game, it deserves more attention than it gets.

Edited by PloGreen

with a smidge of effort, bioware could make bank on Huttball. its by far the most original and fun PvP mechanics ive seen in a long time in MMOs. introduce a couple new huttball maps, each with their own quirky death traps, and then make it an eSport. allow us to queue specifically into the huttball mode. come up with brackets, tournaments, etc.

the potential is there. sadly, i think that b/c it means working on something other than the cartel market, i doubt that we will see that potential tapped any time soon.

anything new for PVP would be a blast!

Huttball and hypergates are the only fun warzones. I cry everytime i get stuck in voidstar.

Furthmore...i'd also be greatful if we could turn off the cutscene animations or the long *** speeder bike ride before hand. i've seen it a million times...i hate seeing it. yes i can space bar the cutscenes...but why slow down my load times for **** i dont wanna see? just load me into the game. the speech at the beginning gives me all i need to know...