The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Your question makes little sense in response to what I said. He said a tank who does taunt is like a dps who doesn't agro drop and use defensive cool downs. I said it's more akin to a dps not using their signature ability in their rotation. So again, your question doesn't make sense.

Do you use Saber Ward always when it is ready as Anni Marauder? Or add Force Camouflage to rotation when it is ready?

Let me guess, you main a healer.

-3/10

It's tie between Immortal Juggernaut and Infil Shadow.

I have 0 healers out of 17 characters I currently have.

Edited by Halinalle

I figured I'd share one from my Kuat run tonight. Fresh level 15 heal operative.

I drop into a partly completed run and the first thing I get is being asked to hurry up by the DPS sorceror because they didn't have all night. As I run to catch up I check what I'm dealing with. 3 DPS, sorceror, marauder and assassin. We get through the area they had already started but I'm already getting an inkling of why they lost their previous member.

The next area we get is the armory. It went well for the first two pulls, after which the group seemed to want to pull at least two packs at once before anyone was even healed to full. We get to the 'boss' (for lack of a better term) at the end of the armory and the assassin DPS is sent forwards like the tank they clearly aren't while I'm told to only heal.

"Alright, let's run with this" I think and a few seconds into the fight it becomes clear that I can quite easily throw in some damage too. By the end of the fight everyone is on at least 90% with the exception of the assassin, who was on around 60%. Not perfect but a success at any rate.

We then go on to the final boss, the Major. By this point the sorcerer had left and we got our replacement, another marauder if I remember correctly (might have been a juggernaut). We get to the boss and our original marauder (let's call him marauder A) isn't with us, probably back at the elevator. Not that I had time to check as the assassin goes to pull the Major anyway.

Most here probably know that the Major throws grenades. Most also probably know how to remove the grenades so they don't take off a large chunk of health. Marauder B clearly didn't and loses a chunk of health and I fail to heal him enough to account for the second handful of grenades, having to also heal our assassin DPS. I then proceed to get gunned down by the adds that were running free and as I go to respawn I notice that Marauder A has turned up at some point.. A couple of runs back to the boss later and we wipe.

Take two. Marauder B asks whether you can remove the grenades and what the arrays are for and while I'm typing a response (admittedly probably too long but I wanted it to be done right the second time around) Marauder A and the assassin decide that it's a wonderful time to pull. We do a little better thanks to having everyone present for the pull this time but wipe after Marauder B is killed by the grenades and I'm killed by the two packs of adds because it turns out that Marauder B was the only one trying to kill them off and without him the first pack wasn't killed.

Third run back, we stop before pulling this time and I take the opportunity to explain how to remove the grenades to Marauder B and ask that the adds are killed when they spawn. As I finish I see a vote to kick pop up in the chat box and my heart sinks as I expect the other two to try to kick Marauder B. Then I notice that I'm not being given any options and notice that the kick is actually for me because I was apparently not healing.

I then proceed to get kicked and all I can do is feel sorry for Marauder B and whoever else gets stuck with them (Alongside feeling relieved that I can happily queue up again without the lockout, which landed me with a wonderfully competent group).

Do you use Saber Ward always when it is ready as Anni Marauder? Or add Force Camouflage to rotation when it is ready?

Wow I can't tell if you're trolling me or literally just this stupid.

1. Using a taunt in your rotation makes you a good tank, it would be the same thing if a marksman sniper never used follow through. Sure you could do it, but you're ****.

Is what I am refering to this entire time. If you think what I said above is mean. I didn't think I'd actually have to spell all this out and get into an argument about what a tank not using a taunt is akin towards.

Edited by mastirkal

Is what I am refering to this entire time. If you think what I said above is mean. I didn't think I'd actually have to spell all this out and get into an argument about what a tank not using a taunt is akin towards.

You don't waste your taunt at any possible moment. You save it to the moment when dps pulls the aggro off you or when you have to swap targets with second tank.

You don't waste your taunt at any possible moment. You save it to the moment when dps pulls the aggro off you or when you have to swap targets with second tank.

No, you use it to stack 10-30% on your own agro over and over again before the dps have a chance to pull and the tanking sub forums have shown that that is well indeed possible. DPS should never have agro at any time on a boss mob. by pulling your agro and the other tanks agro out of reach of the dps you are ensuring your job is done, before the boss is even slightly finished. Basically, why the hell would you gamble when you don't have to? the same is said for dps. Don't hold back if the tank can't do his job, your job is to kill the mob before it kills you. Part of that dps is knowing when to agro drop, knowing, when to pop defensive cool downs and knowing where to stand. Tanks need to be strict on their rotation, know when to taunt and if they lose agro, know the best way to get it back and keep it.

What we get from this mentality is a conflict of interest where the dps are actively going all out to burn the boss down and potentially pull the mob away from the tank and the tank holding on for dear life to keep that mob on him. What comes of this is more well established threat and more dps done on the boss. That is ideal.

Edited by mastirkal

No, you use it to stack 10-30% on your own agro over and over again before the dps have a chance to pull and the tanking sub forums have shown that that is well indeed possible.

That's exactly why DPS should never pull before tank. As a tank you're supposed to lead the group, you charge in first always. If DPS pulls first then tank will have more trouble holding that aggro. Whoever pulls first gets highest amount of initial threat. If you have mDPS in your group that can pull aggro off you then you use Guard on them.

Edited by Halinalle

That's exactly why DPS should never pull before tank. As a tank you're supposed to lead the group, you charge in first always. If DPS pulls first then tank will have more trouble holding that aggro. Whoever pulls first gets highest amount of initial threat. If you have mDPS in your group that can pull aggro off you then you use Guard on them.

What? When was anyone ever saying dps were pulling first? I said DPS shouldn't hold back. That doesn't mean they should pull first.

Edited by mastirkal

Athiss lowbie. Leveling a 'slinger with my guildie DPS 'drel.

We got a 'mando healer and shadow tank. First fights were a breeze. Then comes the part where there are 3 groups of lizards. The shadow tank pulls ALL THREE lizards group, then STEALTHS OUT and let us all die. I was like WTH.

He said "you want pull" before bailing out. WTH. None of us pulled ahead of him. The 'mando healer went different way because there was a salvageable droid he wants to take. NONE of us were pulling ahead of him. We ended up clearing the trash up to the doggie Beast fight with 3 of us and the 'mando healer's Elara. 'Twas a breeze. Another shadow tank popped up and we finished the FP.

I think the earlier shadow tank was on crack.

Edited by mustopak

At this point I don't even think we're talking about the same thing.

Guard reduces threat generated by target player. That means that specific DPS will never pull aggro off during the fight. Longer the fight more difficult it is even for mDPS to do so.

Less threat generated = they can go crazy with their damage and still lose to tank in threat race.

I still don't understand what GUARD really does and when I should use it or not... Could u guys please explain one more time

:rak_04:

It is magical and mystical and never should be used, mainly because it ruins good threads.

Had a tank quit czerka labs after one wipe. He was a little slow to leave the water, and the healer couldn't keep him up. I was the only dps burning down the little robots, and on a powertech that can be a little annoying. As I was typing asking the merc to waste the little guys so they don't shoot the healer during the electric phase the tank quit. Even though he couldn't keep any aoe threat, I figured we would clear the fp with ease even with the one wipe.

When I whispered him he told me that he never sticks around after a wipe, that it was clear we couldn't down the boss. Merc quits claiming he had stuff to do, no biggie. We get some bad-asses for their replacements and we stomp the FP. I think the tank /ignored me when I asked how he ever planned on getting through content if he just quits, I guess he quits if there aren't over geared enough people to carry him. Our healer had 78's and was damn good, so it is a shame for him that he left.

Had a dps die on every pull during KDY, didn't think that was possible. 4 dps team, everything melted including our lone little marauder. I seriously mean every pull, he would rocket boot to get to the groups first, flip in and smash and promptly die. I should have checked if he was naked, but I was a little drunk.

Had a tank quit czerka labs after one wipe. He was a little slow to leave the water, and the healer couldn't keep him up. I was the only dps burning down the little robots, and on a powertech that can be a little annoying. As I was typing asking the merc to waste the little guys so they don't shoot the healer during the electric phase the tank quit. Even though he couldn't keep any aoe threat, I figured we would clear the fp with ease even with the one wipe.

You don't need to kill all the small robots. I've had the boss enrage once because the DPS had a fixation on them and didn't do enough damage on the boss itself (I was tanking). The best strategy so far seems to be to kill one or two during the electric phase if they're close to the healer, and maybe give a whack to any that come too near the boss, but otherwise leave them alone.

Why exactly you need taunt in rotation if there is no agro drop/tank swap mechanic on current boss?

You run fully 78 min maxed with set bonuses and tank is in 58/66s?

Because only big gear gap could make taunt needed ... otherwise after openers it has no place in rotation if there is no drop/swap at boss.

It doesn't take that big of gear gap for a dps to pull aggro. People in flashpoints are usually on the same gear level and dps pulling off the tank is often caused by the tank being bad at their job. As for me using taunts in my flashpoint runs, that's just an additional practice for ops rotations. Sue me.

Pushing others over their wishes is same jerkiness as taunting from tank.

If you want challenge just form pre made and run under geared/try to solo them & so on... do not force your elitism over others.

Stop trying to make my elitism happen, it's not going to happen.

Wrong.

You use your single taunt in your initial opener to make sure no dps has even the slightest chance of pulling off you. After that, when it's off cooldown, you either wait for the fight mechanics that force you to use taunt kick in, or - if there aren't any such mechanics - use it in your regular rotation.

Super simple stuff.

You don't need to kill all the small robots. I've had the boss enrage once because the DPS had a fixation on them and didn't do enough damage on the boss itself (I was tanking). The best strategy so far seems to be to kill one or two during the electric phase if they're close to the healer, and maybe give a whack to any that come too near the boss, but otherwise leave them alone.

I've had enrage last week too. Damned tank kept aggroing the little droids and the derps were all too happy to join inon the fun. My pleas to ignore the adds and explanations how they ignore you if you ignore them were, well, ignored. TRE imps ftl. :rolleyes:

Had an interesting run on Scum and Villainy a few weeks back...

Guardian Level 55 mainly 168 / 180 geared decided after a very smooth run it must be said, that the 16 man group was so over-powered that the last boss - Dread Master Styrak, would be so pathetic that he would make an example of his 'uberness' as he put it by doing the last boss naked....yes naked and using only the basic brawling 'punch'....so nothing in any slot at all.....

We all pointed out the error of his ways in various levels of incredulity complete with a generous dose of colourful language but he did not abate....

Suffice to say he died....fast.....but it was amusing to see this naked guy trying to punch the crap out of the Kell Dragon.

What made it worse is that he then proceeded to blow his top at the healers calling them 'noobs who should be DPS'ers as they are crap at healing'

He was so enraged that he left...still naked...and we had to recruit a replacement.....and we finished the 16 man S&V nicely.

There are some really bi-polar people out there is all I can say!

Weird stuff from last few days:

Major Benes, probably the easiest boss in the game and still people fail at beating him without dying. How do you even do that?

Marauders who break CCs just to CC target again.

Marauders (again...) who run ahead and don't care about HP/resource levels of others or their own.

Weird stuff from last few days:

Major Benes, probably the easiest boss in the game and still people fail at beating him without dying. How do you even do that?

Marauders who break CCs just to CC target again.

Marauders (again...) who run ahead and don't care about HP/resource levels of others or their own.

It's a class designed so simple, credulous little Call of Doodie kids can easily feel good about themselves without actually having to earn it, and thus be more inclined to buy more useless crap from the cash-shop.

Gotta keep the bads happy, they keep the servers running.

Why are you surprised?

It's a class designed so simple, credulous little Call of Doodie kids can easily feel good about themselves without actually having to earn it, and thus be more inclined to buy more useless crap from the cash-shop.

Gotta keep the bads happy, they keep the servers running.

Why are you surprised?

Don't hate too much on marauders.... they do the second highest DPS of the eight ACs (Gunsnipe does more, I think)

You have lots of fail marauders, but when a truly good one shows up he/she is a force to be reckoned with.