Lower the cost of replacing gear augmentations

Djed

Hello

The cost of removing mods, armoring and enhancement are ridiculous right now. This is up there with paying ridiculous amounts of credits for repairing as we had in the beginning.

I get a piece of War Hero gear and I have crafted one with an augment slot. I have to pay over 300k, more for weapons, to replace the items into my crafted gear.

I don't even understand why we have to pay anything at all, it's bound to me and I can't sell anything except for the meager mats I would get for REng it.

If I HAVE to pay then lower the cost by 90%, right now it's at ridonculous levels. OR increase the credit winnings in pvp so by the time I've earned a new piece I have earned the credits to replace the enhancements.

I guess this might be solved by the augment slot kits but and emergency fix is needed in the meantime.

Edited by Djed

• 8 months later...

I AGREE! I sent BW a personal message asking them to please lower the cost to pull an augment or make it free. Especially since it's already bound, I already worked hard for it and I don't want to pay for something that's already mine! I recently bought some cartel market gear, which I like the concept because most of it is cool looking stuff that you don't need to wait till end game to get. But when I went to pull the slots off my champion gear that I spent lots of time getting early on in the game with my main lvl 50, I saw that it would cost 6180 per slot, so times that by three per item, and wow that's a lot of money for something I already worked for!

I'm a pretty casual gamer, I'm married, have a kid, so I don't get to play a ton, so maybe that's why I'm frustrated when I realize i can't have cool gear etc just because i can't play everyday for 8 hrs a day! SO my request is pleas lower the cost or eliminate the cost to move augment slots, it would make the augment able armor system much better! plus i think the community would see a greater variety in the look of characters instead of identical twins running around everywhere! Thanks! :mon_trap:

The problem with all MMOs is that all resources are infinitely unlimited - given enough time and effort anyone can get any amount of any thing effectively out of thin air. This includes in-game currency, which in the case of SWTOR is credits (quests are the most common source of credits from nowhere). In order to combat this money sinks are put into the game. removal of mods from custom gear is one such money sink; so are repair bills, traveling in your ship or via taxi service, and even crew skill missions. High cost money sinks are intended as a deterrent. That being said, BioWare did realize that their initial mod removal costs were too extreme and lowered them.

As to your specific circumstance...why did you not just add an augment slot to the war hero gear you bought? That would have cost you 20% as much (~30k to buy the augment kit and another 30k to install it). I assume the answer is that you like the look of the crafted gear better. Well, that is a price you have to weigh...Is it worth the credits to look the way you want? Some say yes, some say no.

Furthermore, I agree with iEuthanasia that BioWare has already reduced the costs radically and are OK where they are now. Yes, if you are not a subscriber, which means you have credit total limits, it may mean that you have to spend your entire "bank account" to swap mods from one piece of gear to another.

Edited by psandak

Necro thread is necro. The OP posted this way back when it cost 40k plus to remove a single mod out of an item. Now it costs 14k for max rank mods etc, and back then there was no such thing as augment kits. seriously why do people troll so far back to get stuff like this?

Just to respond, I didn't troll back to bring this up, and I didn't know what the cost used to be! I'm a subscriber, and like I said, I play a bit more casually. I understand that you can get "things" in the game from thin air, and I appreciate the point. It's just frustrating that you have to dump money into something that is already yours. I am amazed it used to cost as much as it did, because I'm appalled at the cost now, but I guess that's because I don't play as much. I guess I need to just accept that MMO's are designed to suck people into playing forever, so it requires you to have no life to actually achieve the higher lvl stuff! Some say that's "earning" it others might say it's a little extreme. Anyway, thanks for the comments, I'm glad this caught a few peoples attention!:mon_trap: