Will they ever allow us to abandon Facing the Machines of War operation?

JoroA

Seriously it has been more than a year since players were FORCED to do an operation, in order to get rid of it and no one liked it at all

I have no desire to do any operations and even less so if I am pushed in to doing it. Seriously who does that? You can even abandon Knights of the Fallen Empire and of the Eternal Throne content, which is the main story, but god forbid a player abandons a worthless operation.

Seriously whoever thought it was a good idea to make a quest that is stuck in your log like a virus that has no cure. Sure you can live with a disease and ignore it (untrack), or you can pay the unreasonable price for the cure (being forced to do what you do not want), well how about not spreading it in the first place...

FIX IT PLEASE, this is not an unreasonable request. Most if not all people dislike it and it is incredibly frustrating.

I'd drop it too if I could. Not because I don't want to do the operation, but simply because I can't. I'm not in a guild that does operations, I have no intention of switching to one just to clear out my log, I've never seen anyone advertising an open spot for a DPS to come along for it and as recently as yesterday I was queued in LFO for over 5 hours without it popping. So yeah. Let me abandon it please. And take the redundant HK Weapons Protocol out of my mission item inventory while at it.

I don't runs OPs anymore. I haven't run an OP in years and I'm not likely to run one again. I accept that there is content I will never experience because I don't run OPs. But on several characters I am limited to 24 missions in my log because I am saddled with this [bleeping] mission I can't get rid of. Please, oh please BW, give us a way to abandon it.

Short answer.. "No". BioWare is really pushing the "Group Activities" lately and most likely will continue (Easier and Cheaper to make 1 new activity for everybody to be Occupied with instead of several). There simply ar'nt any indications of them doing anything else.

+1

Even if someone does Ops, do they really want to do GftM on every single alt they bring through the story?

For those of us who don't want to do Ops, forcing us to keep it in the mission log isn't going to change that.

At least let people abandon it after it has remained in the log, unplayed, for six months or something.

+1

I don't think it will ever happen, but I might as well add my approval here. Hate having that operation hogging a spot in my mission log. I'm purposely not taking several of my alts through Iokath just so I don't have to have it staring me in the face.

I'm never going to do it, Bioware. Let me abandon it.

I have no desire to do any operations and even less so if I am pushed in to doing it. Seriously who does that?

Welcome to the new meta of swtor. Forced to partake in activities they want you to do and be punished when you do what you want to do.

BTW to answer your question, BW does it. :)

+1

Just do what they did with the Dread Masters Operation quest. It's abandonable and you can pick it up later anytime you want without damaging the work you did previous to that.

Yes, that definitely seems like the way to go.

I like ops but there are not 7 other people that want to join at the drop of a hat as soon as I pick up that quest, not even in the largest guild on the server. There aren't 7 people on all of IOKATH when I get to that point. Same with Temple of Sacrifice. I'd rather do the op than grind the dailies for the 683rd time but again, no one will join when you're ready, and there are usually not even a FP's worth of people on Yavin most of the time (slicing bots don't count).

Good luck getting an op going on fleet if it's not the Operation of the Day and/or not a LBLO. So you now have to wait for the Operation of the Day to come around the horn. Oh, it's in 9 days...

9 days later I've moved on to other toons and forgotten the whole thing. Then I log back into that character on some later random date. Rinse and repeat the above.

I've done DF and DP a lot...but have never, ever had a toon with the Oricon final quest and the two Operation's Daily timing line up at the same time and it gets forgotten or abandoned every time.

That's probably the main problem with putting these Operations into the story player's world. When the Operation was new and if you're in a raiding guild or are at least an experienced pug raider, there are more than enough groups ready to go. After about a week no one is ready or willing to go when you personally are. Same problem with the Shroud and Dreadseed missions. Lucky for you if you did that entire chain the first month it dropped. The people willing to group with you were plentiful. Now you're lucky if you're not asking on fleet for entire months before you might get a bite, forget it trying to get a full group of four without the stars and planets aligning just right.

Edited by aerockyul

+1 I also Do Not Like the Group Activities in SWTOR. I think trying to *Shorten the story (Its always the story part) and funnel ALL of the players into a single group activity is Grossly Presuming and lessening of the story (This is a Story based game still??) is definitely the wrong direction. Some like that, some don't and Nobody like being *Funneled.

As for the Abandoning, I still think not, They rarely fix anything already done and I do believe they are doing good to move ahead and splitting their effort to try to go forward while changing something already done simply isn't possible. I just don't pay any attention to it.

Seriously it has been more than a year since players were FORCED to do an operation, in order to get rid of it and no one liked it at all

I have no desire to do any operations and even less so if I am pushed in to doing it. Seriously who does that? You can even abandon Knights of the Fallen Empire and of the Eternal Throne content, which is the main story, but god forbid a player abandons a worthless operation.

Seriously whoever thought it was a good idea to make a quest that is stuck in your log like a virus that has no cure. Sure you can live with a disease and ignore it (untrack), or you can pay the unreasonable price for the cure (being forced to do what you do not want), well how about not spreading it in the first place...

FIX IT PLEASE, this is not an unreasonable request. Most if not all people dislike it and it is incredibly frustrating.

Remember Musco said it was Keith who pushed the idea of creating hm of god of the machine ops? It also was keith's idea to make gearing up through doing this operation the fastest way of gearing up even though there was a huge opposition to it from pvp players.

IT seems Keith is pretty obsessed with this operation. Maybe he thinks that it was the only one personal achievement he reached while being a producer in this game so now everyone must play it and other devs must force players to play it.

I'm not the only one who doesn't like ops? Yep, I'm on board. :D

To my credit, I forced myself to try them all. They aren't my cup of tea. Not one. :(

That's all I need to know! I've been mulling over the idea of trying them out, however as an antisocial person, I can do without that stress.

+1

it worked with Oricon so why not with Iokath?!

Indeed.

That's all I need to know! I've been mulling over the idea of trying them out, however as an antisocial person, I can do without that stress.

If you have NEVER done an Ops, then you really need to try it before you say you won't like it.

There seems to be this huge misnomer about Ops being horrid, stressing, bugged, insert anything you hate, etc...

You don't also have to be with a huge guild. Now on that note, Gods does need to be done in voice program as the last 2 bosses are very mechanic heavy. To this date I've only cleared it 2x I think. I've done some of it a lot more. And I'm a raider.

But if you've never done an operation, I encourage you to try out an easy one like Eternity Vault when it's in group finder.

Or if you are on the SS server, hit me up. My guild runs GF every night almost & has no problems taking along inexperienced players.

But don't knock it till you've tried it.

I feel like this is more critical than ever with 5.10 coming up. As much as I just want to skip Iokath, I don't want to take the auto-completes for the traitor arc because there are choices there that I disagree with. But the choice is either to skip Iokath completely or be saddled with this albatross in your mission log.

And the path that leads to the Op is still so misleading.

I took another toon through Iokath last night, and I was determined that I would not be saddled with the Op. But after the story segment I had a mandatory quest to interact with the terminals, and then a quest to kill 25 Iokath droids, and then I got the "the Scions want to talk to you..." bit that leads to the Op mission.

That chain cannot be abandoned at all, either. I stopped my toon before the Scions because I just couldn't stand seeing the OP in my mission log again but that isn't able to be dropped either.

If you have NEVER done an Ops, then you really need to try it before you say you won't like it.

There seems to be this huge misnomer about Ops being horrid, stressing, bugged, insert anything you hate, etc...

You don't also have to be with a huge guild. Now on that note, Gods does need to be done in voice program as the last 2 bosses are very mechanic heavy. To this date I've only cleared it 2x I think. I've done some of it a lot more. And I'm a raider.

But don't knock it till you've tried it.

No one is saying get rid of the op, just to let us abandon it. OPs should not be part of the main storyline. By not allowing us to abandon it Bioware is acting as though people who don't run VotMG are not playing the game right. It's insulting.

I've done OPs, as long as they don't have mechanics where voice co-ordination is needed. VotMG is not a normal story-mode OP, it's way too mechanics heavy. I have poor hearing, so as soon as you need voice then it's something I can't do.

I don't want Facing the Machines of War in my questlog. It's an OP I can't do, and it's annoying af to have it permanently cluttering up my questlogs. Even if I find a group that can 7-man it and take me along for the ride, I don't like being a spectator instead of real member of the team.

I believe the fact we can't drop this mission is due to incompetence rather than malice. When it first came out, people who dropped or didn't get the mission for whatever reason was unable to re-acquire it. A hotfix was deployed before it was fully "fixed" to allow people to get it again and it seems the hotfix was to make it un-abandonable. And as with just about every issue that's considered "resolved" it will most likely never again get any attention or acknowledgement :\

I believe the fact we can't drop this mission is due to incompetence rather than malice. When it first came out, people who dropped or didn't get the mission for whatever reason was unable to re-acquire it. A hotfix was deployed before it was fully "fixed" to allow people to get it again and it seems the hotfix was to make it un-abandonable. And as with just about every issue that's considered "resolved" it will most likely never again get any attention or acknowledgement :\

This came up in the PTS forum, and someone mentioned they'd PMed the devs to ask directly why the Op cannot be abandoned. It's not a mistake. Apparently it's deliberate (I guess in a misguided attempt to push people into it). I've read than more than once here, too.

I think refusing to let people abandon it is misguided at best - you don't push people into playing something by saddling them with a mission they can never get rid of.

What? People don't dislike Gods From the Machine... it's actually a rather good raid. Do not impose your own thoughts on the community. I've never heard a single person complain about this.

Edited by mrdrsenorpeanut

What? People don't dislike Gods From the Machine... it's actually a rather good raid. Do not impose your own thoughts on the community. I've never heard a single person complain about this.

I don't think he's complaining about the raid itself per se. I believe he is complaining about the fact you cannot abandon the quest if you have no intention of doing the raid.

In my case, I have done it on several characters, but I have a lot of alts. I don't raid on all of them. For those alts, the quest is stuck in their log now. I don't particularly care, but I do find it mildly annoying.

Moreover, I have now run 16 characters from start to finish on everything. I have no desire to redo KotFE / ET on my other alts, which means I now have two quests I can't complete since I wanted to do the Alliance Quests.

Simply put, I think it is a good idea to be able to abandon a quest you don't want to do at that moment and subsequently reacquire it, particularly if they are going to enforce a limit.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast