The Contraband Slot Machine

EricMusco

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gold farmers told them to nerf it, not real players

Goldfarmers were the primary beneficiaries; they are the people most likely to be angry with the nerf. The people most likely to be upset were people who made money running missions for Grade 11 purples and people who paid real money for CC to buy packs/crates, and of the two, it was the latter to whom BW most likely listened.

Crafters where in general very happy with the machine. They could get the mats required for crafting at a reasonable price. The Mat-Barons where the ones that whined and moaned endlessly until they got the nerf.

Ironically they where also the ones who made the largest profit out of the machine by abusing its win/loss ratio ad nauseam, planting themselves in front of 3-4 slot machines with a boatload of tokens and scripted a 96 hour click fest. "See? I now have 64000 jawa junk purples! It is broken. NERF IT NOW"

They filled their cargo bays to the rim with purple mats and are now the distinguished billionaires of SWTOR by selling purple mats on the GTN.

There is no crafting involved, except that crafters need to once again purchase overpriced purple crap from Mat-Barons.

Crafting is so broken in this game, it deserves a separate thread :jawa_frown:

JP

Goldfarmers were the primary beneficiaries; they are the people most likely to be angry with the nerf. The people most likely to be upset were people who made money running missions for Grade 11 purples and people who paid real money for CC to buy packs/crates, and of the two, it was the latter to whom BW most likely listened.

large numbers of people were waking up and taking a new look at crafting with affordable access to mats. the cartel whales that most likely make rl$$$ selling credits couldnt afford to let that happen. the nerf hurt the game, cutting out a large number of people from participation in a part of the game that has been there since launch. gold farmers benefit when they can sell things for large amounts of credits. the prices falling like they were hurt gold farmers. the farmers squeeled and bw catered to them

Crafters where in general very happy with the machine. They could get the mats required for crafting at a reasonable price. The Mat-Barons where the ones that whined and moaned endlessly until they got the nerf.

There is no crafting involved, except that crafters need to once again purchase overpriced purple crap from Mat-Barons.

I do craft alot and i don't buy any mats out of the GTN, i can get all the mats i need myself. I did not like the machine the way it was. I do craft to earn money though. And the machine was about to destroy this way to earn credits in a good amount. You will tell me now, that i am not a "true" crafter because i do craft to earn money. I will tell you the mat prices don't affect your "true" crafting as you can just spam on the fleet that you will craft everything for free, as long as you get the mats. But for some reason i do not see that very often.

Oh and i did not buy a single machine. First because i knew it will be changed, second because it is absolutely stupid "gameplay" and i have better things to do :)

the people yelling were NOT crafters. running afk companion missions while you sleep is not crafting.

If it is so easy to become a "mat baron" as you keep saying here, why don't you do it yourself and get all the mats you need during your sleep time? That way you could stop using your time to complain about "mat barons" as they do not effect you anymore.

Edited by Neglience

...................... the cartel whales that most likely make rl$$$ selling credits couldnt afford to let that happen. the nerf hurt the game, cutting out a large number of people from participation in a part of the game that has been there since launch. gold farmers benefit when they can sell things for large amounts of credits. the prices falling like they were hurt gold farmers. the farmers squeeled and bw catered to them

I am yet to see a more farcical comment. You actually think there are genuine players, who manage to make lots of credits, who sell these for real money? Get a grip.

Seriously, these type of comments are nothing more than the "have nots" whining about the "haves".

Whilst I have made most of my credits since launch from a mixture of selling mats, selling crafted goods and since the advent of the CM, from using my own money to buy packs and sell them (granted I no longer do this due to the CMSM debacle), I have always been of the view, that you, can play the game, however you like, and you know what? I don't give a damn, what you do is not my concern.

I PVP and send my army of companions on missions between warzones, guess what, you can do exactly the same should you choose to.

At the end of the day, lazy players will always belly ache about those prepared to invest the miniscule amount of effort into the easiest MMO of all time.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

the people yelling were NOT crafters. running afk companion missions while you sleep is not crafting.

Subs get three crew skills, only one of which can be a crafting skill. Are you saying that you only use one crafting] skill per character, that you intentionally gimp yourself?

I consider myself a crafter (Master, actually), and I absolutely run missions to get mats. I don't get them [just] to sell, I use them, but since I price my goods above what the sale price of the mats is, I am effectively selling them at *above* market cost. That's how I see crafting -- a way to sell mats above market value by adding value. So, yes, as a crafter, the lowering of the mat prices lowered my profits (and I was one of the most vocal posters criticizing the initial drop rates).

BTW, I can absolutely not get all of the mats I need by running my own missions, and I routinely buy Midlithe off the GTN (usually around 25K on my server), and I don't blink an eye, because I can craft something and then sell it for 50K-120K.

I am yet to see a more farcical comment. You actually think there are genuine players, who manage to make lots of credits, who sell these for real money? Get a grip.

Seriously, these type of comments are nothing more than the "have nots" whining about the "haves".

Whilst I have made most of my credits since launch from a mixture of selling mats, selling crafted goods and since the advent of the CM, from using my own money to buy packs and sell them (granted I no longer do this due to the CMSM debacle), I have always been of the view, that you, can play the game, however you like, and you know what? I don't give a damn, what you do is not my concern.

I PVP and send my army of companions on missions between warzones, guess what, you can do exactly the same should you choose to.

At the end of the day, lazy players will always belly ache about those prepared to invest the miniscule amount of effort into the easiest MMO of all time.

the credits come from somewhere. those people selling them on fleet have to be supplied from somewhere.and they wouldnt continue to rake in billions if they didnt have a reason. easy money for them

the credits come from somewhere. those people selling them on fleet have to be supplied from somewhere.and they wouldnt continue to rake in billions if they didnt have a reason. easy money for them

I would say 70% Bots/scripts (like dailys, old CSM, slicing nodes), 20 % hand farmed somewhere in asia, 10 % rest (hacked accounts, cc-fraud, exploits, players ... )

Edited by Neglience

I would say 70% Bots/scripts (like dailys, old CSM, slicing nodes), 20 % hand farmed somewhere in asia, 10 % rest (hacked accounts, cc-fraud, exploits, players ... )

I am figuring that at least 40% is people that do nothing but crank out missions to get more cash. the most efficient way is to get something you can really gouge with.

I am figuring that at least 40% is people that do nothing but crank out missions to get more cash. the most efficient way is to get something you can really gouge with.

But you really can not gouge with it. Because everyone can do it with just a bit of time. There is no limited supply on anything in this game when it comes to crafting. Everything is instanced.

Ironically they where also the ones who made the largest profit out of the machine by abusing its win/loss ratio ad nauseam, planting themselves in front of 3-4 slot machines with a boatload of tokens and scripted a 96 hour click fest. "See? I now have 64000 jawa junk purples! It is broken. NERF IT NOW"

They filled their cargo bays to the rim with purple mats and are now the distinguished billionaires of SWTOR by selling purple mats on the GTN.

Crafting is so broken in this game, it deserves a separate thread :jawa_frown:

JP

Yeap, which is why it was such a farce when people calling themselves "crafters" were here moaning and crying about how it was "taking away their market". :rolleyes:

Yeap, which is why it was such a farce when people calling themselves "crafters" were here moaning and crying about how it was "taking away their market". :rolleyes:

the subject has stayed on the front page a lot longer than thise credit gougers have wanted it too.

the subject has stayed on the front page a lot longer than thise credit gougers have wanted it too.

To be fair if I worked at Bioware I would secretly find it rather humorous watching the few of you endeavor to keep this topic on the main page when the majority really don't care. Especially since you are ideally paying for the privilege to whinge also.

I get that for some of you it's trolly thing to keep this topic going but it's looking kinda stupid now to be honest. Just sayin ...

That would include you, cupcake.

I think I posted recently in a form of comic relief but it's hard to believe anyone is taking it seriously anymore.

It's becoming more a soapbox for a select few to proclaim the injustice of the matbaron's supposed domination and as a means to prove they also have no concept what so ever of what price gouging actually is.