Lack of Tank / Healer - Dual Spec would help

Hello Bioware Team,

first of all a big Gratz to this fantastic game. The story telling game with the possibility to group up or do all alone is fantastic.

But when it comes to FP's, then the horror of other MMO's come true again.

You wait, searching for Tank / Healer only to see, you have to go back leveling after one hour search.

I dont know if this changes if you get 50, as I am 26 atm, but in this low level area it is a big problem.

So why is there a need for a tank / Healer in low level FP's or why are there no Dual Specs, so the ppl can reskill to Tank/Healer for the FP.

Leveling as Tank / Healer is for the most ppl no way, as you need twice the time of a damage dealer spec.

YES plz we need duel spec its what mmo's are doing these days to help with this issue. I dont think its asking to much to allow people not to waste countless ohurs searching and searching and searching to end up disbanding and missing out on all the flash points that make lvl really fun and fast. also ther are tons of grp missions on each planet and so far all i have done islike 2 on kaas because at that point any sorc could heal and any class with a tanking tree could pretty much tank. Its a huge issue that i dont understand that a mmo in 2011 would neglect putting in the game knowing damn well its been a huge issue in almost all mmorpg's. Without duel spec or a dungeon finder this game feels like a single player rpg with a useless chat window in it. AND plz give us some ui options/sizing

Most HM ops at this point DEMAND you only bring one tank and as few healers as possible (sometimes even 1) to beat the ridiculous enrage timers. Why level one of those classes when you'll have to sit unless you drop credits on a respec?

IMO this is the core of the problem with the lack of tanks/healers for HM FPs.

NO NO NO NO NO...play the class you picked with the spec you picked. if you do not like your spec...respec...

This is fine if you only care about yourself and have no desire to help your guild or raid, but it's completely unreasonable otherwise.

If one of our DPS is sick one night, and we have too many tanks on, I'll gladly drop the 100k creds on a respec so that we don't have to call the raid or pug another member and make one of our own sit out.

It's about the good of the guild, not all about you.

Dual spec would be amazing. I respec daily because 4mans don't need 2 tanks and I will never tell a guildy "no" and search for a random person in general chat.

This is just a courtesy and respect for other people that's lost on the majority of individuals today I guess. It's all about ME ME ME ME ME I DON'T WANNA LEARN A 2ND SPEC SO NOBODY SHOULD BE ABLE TO!

Hell, while were at it lets just combine all the classes into one so everyone can heal, dps and tank at the same time.

This game is already casual enough as it is with the fact that they tried to make every class versatile enough as it is and that healers can do more then just heal and tanks can also dps when needed.

So no, screw that.

Not to mention most of the gear you're aiming for is going to be towards either tanking/healing or dpsing, even if you had your "dual spec" your gear would likely be crap for your secondary role.

Not to mention most of the gear you're aiming for is going to be towards either tanking/healing or dpsing, even if you had your "dual spec" your gear would likely be crap for your secondary role.

Cause obviously I'm going to be using the same gear that I tank in to dps with? Is it against the law now to have multiple sets of gear for different roles?

Cause obviously I'm going to be using the same gear that I tank in to dps with? Is it against the law now to have multiple sets of gear for different roles?

Of course not, just the fact that you're going to want absolutely everything that drops in an instance however

Edited by Xarem

Hell, while were at it lets just combine all the classes into one so everyone can heal, dps and tank at the same time.

This game is already casual enough as it is with the fact that they tried to make every class versatile enough as it is and that healers can do more then just heal and tanks can also dps when needed.

So no, screw that.

So giving healers and tanks a modicum of DPS equates casuality?

Give me a break.

So say I, as a tank, have two sets of gear and I'm trying to form a group. I find a healer and DPS. I can't find another DPS but there's a tank willing to go. But the ability for me to change specs and swap out gear is "casual."? Is it "hardcore" to continue spamming for DPS for an hour in fleet and planet channels (yes I've had to do this).

Ok there...

Of course not, just the fact that you're going to want absolutely everything that drops in an instance however

Except that I can only take it for my off-spec if no one cause use or doesn't need it. Simple solutions they can implement can fix simple problems.

Edited by mangosmash

NO NO NO NO NO...play the class you picked with the spec you picked. if you do not like your spec...respec...

I'm pretty sure most people do respec. All dual spec does is make it less annoying to do so by not making you trek back to the fleet and redo your bars/keybinds. The cost on respeccing resets every week, so Bioware obviously isn't against doing it often.

I love Dual Spec, I do. I have always utilized it.

However, it's asinine that a majority of these posts entail "WE NEED MORE HEALS AND TANKS".

I don't think you've played a game with Dual Spec. It doesn't work that way. People don't Tank or Heal, because they don't want the responsibility to Tank or Heal.

Sure some will properly do to roles, but I'd wager would have PvE and then a PvP Spec.

Don't fool yourself in to thinking that Dual Spec fixes the fact you can't find a person to fill your group.

Hello Bioware Team,

first of all a big Gratz to this fantastic game. The story telling game with the possibility to group up or do all alone is fantastic.

But when it comes to FP's, then the horror of other MMO's come true again.

You wait, searching for Tank / Healer only to see, you have to go back leveling after one hour search.

I dont know if this changes if you get 50, as I am 26 atm, but in this low level area it is a big problem.

So why is there a need for a tank / Healer in low level FP's or why are there no Dual Specs, so the ppl can reskill to Tank/Healer for the FP.

Leveling as Tank / Healer is for the most ppl no way, as you need twice the time of a damage dealer spec.

Incidentally, you don't need an actual TANK to tank the low level normal mode FP's. I'm a DPS commando & I effectively tanked everything up through & including Cademimu at level (quests still yellow) for my guild. Mandalorian Raiders had a couple of dicey spots, everything else was very manageable. I have no experience with DPS-specced healers trying to heal an FP so can't say anything there.

So giving healers and tanks a modicum of DPS equates casuality?

Give me a break.

So say I, as a tank, have two sets of gear and I'm trying to form a group. I find a healer and DPS. I can't find another DPS but there's a tank willing to go. But the ability for me to change specs and swap out gear is "casual."? Is it "hardcore" to continue spamming for DPS for an hour in fleet and planet channels (yes I've had to do this).

Ok there...

This is why this is a MMORPG, notice the Role playing tag. When you play an rpg (FF1) for example, do you create a party with 4 white mages and then ***** because the game didnt let you also be a healer and a tank? No, you pick one role and you commit yourself to being the best at that role you can be.

Now I understand that being a MMO that requires diversity and if you cant find it thats a bummer. As someone who played FFXI and maxed two jobs I know probably better then 80% of the people on this forum what its like to sit in Juno and spam for multiple hours for a group

But thats why its important to get a solid group (read guild) of common and diverse players or a static group

Lastly, the majority of the game still is not level 50, there are much more 50's out there yes; However, if this were 2 weeks ago everyonse response would have been "HURR DURR YOU RUSHED TO 50 DEAL WITH IT" well now its your turn to "deal with it" while more 50's show up, eventually everyone will be 50 and everyone will be doing HM's all day long

Edited by Xarem