Knockbacks in Huttball need to be disabled

ZeusThunder

Stagger your support, if you get knocked off pass up ball to other teammate still on platform.

The knockbacks have an animation, if you position your self smartly (inside their portrait if possible) you go straight up and back down, otherwise you go 180 to their point of reference to you.... so keep track of that angle (not always possible with stealth assassin push-back/ranged push back (force push)

Knock-backs/leaps/passes add depth the to game, huttball is the best warzone / bg / pvp map I've ever played.

Edited by Rabbican

You know they can leap right? Doesn't take any skill to leap then knockback. And you can't keep 8 players under constant cc.

Five people.....five people and not one of them can out think the guy and ranged stun or leap and stun him first?

So people seem to be saying that knockback is not op in hutball because you can prevent that person from getting near the ball carrier.

So by that same logic let's give agents the ability to insta-kill anyone with 5 meters of them. Since you can prevent them from getting close to you, this wouldn't be op.

I see people saying L2P but I will venture further and teach (even though I am a huge noob myself). When all 5 of you get knocked down from a bridge by one guy do this:

1) Try to run past him again

2) repeat 20 times

3) try not to move across in such a tight group so when he hits knockback he wouldn't get all 5 of you. This will really catch him by surprise.

4) if after successful execution of step 3 your ball carrier is still knocked into the pit time to get really tricky. Like.....pass the ball

Or then again we can just disable knockbacks in Huttball.

I am waiting for the day someone starts making suggestion of how they figured a way to improve the rules of chess after they lost a game.

Or their cooldowns increased far beyond 30 seconds.

The term "over powered" is used too often, but when a single player can stop a group of 5 from scoring by knocking them into the pit it's an over powered ability.

It is working as intended. The whole point of the map is that a single undergeared player can prevent a score by either knocking the carrier off the platform or stunning them in the fire. This forces you to pass the ball and not just truck down to the endzone because your carrier is a tank with two healers.

Once peple figure out that you have to pass the ball and it isn't a WSG clone, it will get better.

Stagger your support, if you get knocked off pass up ball to other teammate still on platform.

The knockbacks have an animation, if you position your self smartly (inside their portrait if possible) you go straight up and back down, otherwise you go 180 to their point of reference to you.... so keep track of that angle (not always possible with stealth assassin push-back/ranged push back (force push)

Knock-backs/leaps/passes add depth the to game, huttball is the best warzone / bg / pvp map I've ever played.

Though I completely agree with you and think this game has potential to be amazing strategy wise, like throwing the ball -

EVERYONE is getting blown off platforms the second you get on them by the 8 people on the other team with knockback abilities and -

PvP server lag is so atrocious sometimes animations and graphics appear 3 seconds after someone did them or never at all.

I think these things are the least of our problems at the moment. Bioware needs PvP to be more responsive.

Or their cooldowns increased far beyond 30 seconds.

The term "over powered" is used too often, but when a single player can stop a group of 5 from scoring by knocking them into the pit it's an over powered ability.

Herpa derp... theres a pit.. Im just gona walk next to it and... DOH! I just got knocked into the pit for the 15th time this game! OMG thats so OP they should remove that! OMG.

oh well.. ill jsut rez... Oh we got the ball! herpa dper.. theres a pit.. Im just gona walk next to it and.. DOH! I just got knocked in the pit for the 16th time this game! OMG thats so OP they should remove that! OMG.

Oh well.. Ill just rez... Oh we got the ball! herpa derp..theres a pit..