Paxton Rall ***!

Solo-Jo

Thanks for the info, folks. Won't use the token or play the alert until a working fix has been patched in. I have too many leveled up Hexids, Ranos', Shaes' and whatnot.

Yeah, thanks for posting this. I'm going nowhere near the "subscriber reward".

Hey, you subbed for Ossus and/or Praxton, right? EA/BW has your money. The bugs they may actually bother to fix can wait until almost February or later. Most will never be fixed.

EA/BW thanks you for your money.

Edited by arunav

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if this is any way related to all the other companion-based problems that Five-Ten has spawned. Screwed up 'normal' companions are bad enough, but sub-reward ones broken now, too? Seems like someone in the testing and bug-fixing department was sleeping on the job...

It's funny that you think they have any sort of testing and bug-fixing department.

Haven't done the alert but got Paxton via the token for my lowbie character. Didn't lose Shae or Nico on him. Only hilarious thing is him just repeating the same single line over and over. Getting into combat? healing? getting a gift? none of them are his finest moments. :p Though I do rather like his manic laugh when he jumps into combat.

For me, when i accepted Paxton's alliance alert, Hexid did disappear, but her alliance alert appered again :) so just go and redo it and u have both normally :) happend so on 5 chars so far, so there was no permanent loss

Hmm Hexid's alert hasn't reset for me. I have no available alliance alerts to do.

This is correct, and I will get this on to the known issues. To reiterate:

• If you acquire Paxton Rall from the Alliance Alert, Darth Hexid becomes unavailable.
  • If you get Paxton Rall from the mail token, there is no effect on Darth Hexid.

Thanks all.

-eric

I hate barging in but I don't want to make another thread and can't seem to find if anyone else recieved the glitch I got. I did @ the main swtor account on twitter but really don't know how to report it. One of his dialogue lines in the Alliance Alert glitched out completely on me, doesn't even use his voice. Starts about 54/55 second mark. can't miss it really.

I hate barging in but I don't want to make another thread and can't seem to find if anyone else recieved the glitch I got. I did @ the main swtor account on twitter but really don't know how to report it. One of his dialogue lines in the Alliance Alert glitched out completely on me, doesn't even use his voice. Starts about 54/55 second mark. can't miss it really.

Already bug reported.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=957961

I just went in and tested this on a relatively new character. Tokened in Shae, Hexid and Nico, and bumped their influence to 2. Then I called in Paxton. No effect. But maybe I just got lucky. I'm not going to touch him on any character that has these at 50, that's for sure.

But his line'll get old quick, yeah. :p

I have a unique bug involving Paxton Rall.

On my Plasmatech Vanguard, he did the actual recruitment mission for Paxton Rall, rather than use the token. He got Rall and didn't lose any other companions; however, Darth Hexid is in the "other followers" column and cannot be called forth.

Here's the unique part: I never had Hexid to begin with, since I did not fulfill requirements outlined in the Dark vs Light event.

Additional info, if it helps: this is a toon I took all the way from level 1 and has completed up through Iokath but has not started Umbara and beyond.

I have a unique bug involving Paxton Rall.

On my Plasmatech Vanguard, he did the actual recruitment mission for Paxton Rall, rather than use the token. He got Rall and didn't lose any other companions; however, Darth Hexid is in the "other followers" column and cannot be called forth.

Here's the unique part: I never had Hexid to begin with, since I did not fulfill requirements outlined in the Dark vs Light event.

Additional info, if it helps: this is a toon I took all the way from level 1 and has completed up through Iokath but has not started Umbara and beyond.

Don't know about the Dark vs Light event but this year you had at least 2 chances to get her by just playing a lot of pvp or flashpoints

Don't know about the Dark vs Light event but this year you had at least 2 chances to get her by just playing a lot of pvp or flashpoints

Oh yeah, I did forgot that there were other ways to get Hexid. I never do any PVP and never used the group finder for the flashpoints, so I know 100% I never acquired her in any way.

This literally just happened after the recruitment mission for Paxton Rall, so it is definitely related.

Edited by Tahirri

This is correct, and I will get this on to the known issues. To reiterate:

• If you acquire Paxton Rall from the Alliance Alert, Darth Hexid becomes unavailable.
  • If you get Paxton Rall from the mail token, there is no effect on Darth Hexid.

Thanks all.

-eric

On my Smuggler (that been through KOTFE, KOTET, etc. yet, he's still in a state after the class story, Makeb, Shadow of Revan), I just used the Paxton Rall mail token. He appeared and all my other token-generated companions are still available (Darth Hexid, Nico Okarr, Shae Viszla, Treek, Ginx, Nexu, Wampa), but all my Smuggler class companions (including Risha, who is my main companion and I had out at the time) are now bugged out and no longer callable! all of them are now listed under the "Unavailable Companions" tab. Their affection has also reset to 1! :mad:

Fix this ASAP! I need my Risha for immersion as well as to help on hard quests since she's the only one with high companion rating!

I can't even access the terminal to recall companions on Odessen since I haven't progressed through KOTFE/KOTET yet (please consider changing the access to that terminal to be always available and not tied at which point of the story you are - or just add a copy of the terminal to the fleet so everybody can recall their lost companions!).

Note that this only happened with that one character I have. The multiple others I claimed Paxton via token before haven't exhibited the bug, but after it happened to my Scoundrel, I stopped getting Paxton for the rest of my characters to be safe on them.

Also, this is a WARNING for everyone - do not get Paxton Rall for the time being until this is fixed, be it token or via alert, it could very well make other companions unavailable!

I wish I hadn't subscribed to the game. Still no chat bubbles, heaps of new game breaking bugs that the devs can't fix in a timely manner and instead take an extended holiday break (you should have really held back the release until they were ironed out!).

Edited by Glzmo

• 4 weeks later...

1. The thing on his head is ridiculous and, as others have said, not removable. Why.

2. I want to tart him up. I'm sad. He might as well be wearing a sack.

3. Yes. That line about not his finest hour is maddening.

What I wanted was a good looking male twi'lek I could put in trashy clothing and enjoy as eye candy. Can't take him anywhere because it's not his finest hour. Ever. And he's too covered in garbage to be attractive.

So he's crafting. Ad nauseum.

I can not use paxton rall because I will go insane!! All he says over and over and over is "not my finest hour", he says it when you give him a gift no matter the quality etc, he says it when he makes a kill, heals, or anything. :eek::mad:

I have the same problem, it's driving me crazy too. I turn off the sound when I use him, or listen to music in the background LOL.

• 2 months later...
I want to say thank you for fixing Paxton's "Not my finest hour" line. No, really. Thank you. Now I can use him all the time. My only remaining request would be that we could customize his armor. Because he was born for the relaxed jumpsuit set. ;)

I want to say thank you for fixing Paxton's "Not my finest hour" line. No, really. Thank you. Now I can use him all the time. My only remaining request would be that we could customize his armor. Because he was born for the relaxed jumpsuit set. ;)

I would just like the ability to remove his helm. The option to hide his helm is there it's just not working. Why you tease us like that devs?!

I would just like the ability to remove his helm. The option to hide his helm is there it's just not working. Why you tease us like that devs?!

The lack of gear slots for Paxton and Nico really bothers me. It wouldn't if none of the event/reward companions had them, but the fact that they upgraded Shae, Ranos & Hexid, but not Nico and then proceeded to release Paxton without them really feels gender biased to me. Like the dudebro developers can't understand why anyone would want to change the clothes on male companions, but obviously guys need to be able to put the chicks in bikinis :rolleyes: