Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game #2

EricMusco

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, thanks for taking the first step towards implementing SGRs with Makeb. I realise that writing fully fleshed out companion romances takes time, so I try to be patient here, and hope I don't have to wait another year for "more details to come." ;)

Oh, and have a Happy New Year!

Please add some companion quests for Elder game content. After reading the State of the Game, I noticed that you plan to add reasons to go to existing planets or re-explore content. Tying in our companions to this concept would be excellent. It was really disappointing when after leveling my first toon (an Imperial Agent), romancing Ensign Temple, and getting the first letters from her about our future together that we never had another conversation again.

The ship droid talks to me more than my own wife!

Please fix this. I think alot of us have built strong attachments to our companion characters and would love to see more development in those areas.

Thanks!

I read this thread and can only think that Bioware is actively and willingly working to address player concerns.

I don't understand how people get so easily fooled time and again. This is from the same guy who in his last state of the game stated that BW employs hundreds of QA professionals for this game.., which means you have to take everything he says with a grain, nay a freightload full, of salt. This person is a salesman spinning you a tale. Absolutely nothing that he said now is remotely concrete: we have a plan to do this, we aim to do that, we are currently testing...

If I read between the lines I see: EA crippled our budget, we are not allowed to employ a decent amount of customer service agents, we have one guy in a broom closet pretending he's testing patches, I'm keeping you guys on the hook by talking about stuff we plan to implement one day, but really all the home office wants us to do is sell more Cartel Market stuff and sell you an expansion that's not an expansion, but we call it that because then we can charge you for it. Ooohhh, SGR (which I couldn't care less about) with npc's: read you finish a quest, get cuddly with the quest giver, go into a backroom together, screen fades to black, two seconds later it's over.

I'm not a cynical person, but these people make me. Which is why I just unsubbed, 6 days left to go and I'm gone. And I was enjoying this game, but this just drove it home that nothing will get fixed and I do not want to crash to desktop anymore every two hours. Good luck everyone and enjoy your game.

Hey! Nothing about the billing issues! They still can't even acknowledge this stuff!

The thread on the CS forums is now over 180 pages long, and no response from anyone that there's a problem in over a month.

This is absurd!

I'm a massive supporter of this game, but I'm seriously begining to loose faith.

Chat bubbles and chairs you can sit in have been in demand sense launch, but more important than that, is the thousands of players who CAN NOT GIVE BIOWARE THEIR MONEY!

And not a word was spoken.

Shameful BioWare, just shameful.

Nothing about Bug Fix,would be nice to state something about that and work on them a little

Every patch since launch you fixed some but added way more than you fixed.

Some of them are there since Beta,you said you were actively working on them and yet 1year after nothing is fixed and you don't talk about them anymore.

Always love to point out bugs and being responded *please submit a bug report* when these have been know by you for more than a year ....... did you put our bug report from beta-launch in the recycle bin by accident or what .....

Im no Hater, but I didnt see anything informative in that article.

All I seen was that SGRs were going to be in Makeb. Thats it.

Everything else was vague information about stuff that they already gave us vague information about before.

And how about making cartel market credits cheaper!! I've already bought the most expensive one three times and have spent nearly all of it already. :(

How about making them buyable? A lot of people out there haven't been able to make a single purchase in over a month, and they don't even seem to acknowledge the problem!

Read SWTOR Executive Producer Jeff Hickman's latest State of the Game update here:

READ MORE

Being one of many loyal fan's of all your games I only have a couple of issues and this is coming from some one who spends a lot of Real life money in your games. being a double C.E account holder £128.00 x2 plus recurent 6mnth subs and over £300 on cartel packs + expansion My issue with the state of game is the known bugs that cause Crash to desktop when doing Hard mode FP and Server lag sort this out and your still have a loyal fan base.

Leave it to the state the game is in at the moment and your loss Us. Pre patch 1.4 my game never had any issues since 1.4 the game have on every update become worse to play. due to More and More Bugs.

To the point were at the moment the game is becoming unplayable and not enjoyable. the amount of black hole com's i have lost out on due to CTD makes me miss out the known Flashpoints as groups will disband due to them.

If these bugs don't get sorted then ill finally walk with my feet check my account see what i have paid you then decide if you wish to lose a valued CUSTOMER.

No space update, No guild improvements, No new class content, No chat bubbles, No QoL improvements for RP'ers.

But hey, SGR is a big priority! yayyyy!

Not a single care was given.

You probably arent going to get any space update for at least 6 months. I mean they might not address any of these issues but it could be they just werent brought up in the post. This is almost so vague that they shouldnt be bothered to write it. One thing did catch my eye and that we will be able to do more with companions

So 1.6, the last update of 2012, went live on 11 December. Giving us all now just over three weeks to play our new Cathar characters. How is everyone liking them?

Wait, that's right, not only are they not live yet, the Devs won't even give us an update on when they will be live. I'm getting bored with my current characters and bored with all of the currently available races. I am looking forward to playing through a new race... whenever that is.

Pretty sure every member of the APAC community will read this in disgust. All free to play did was have more people on Tython then our fleet. Peak time on Master Dar'Nala the population is lower then The Bastion at off peak time. We have multiple threads and posts about our pop for months now and NO ONE FROM BIOWARE SEEMS TO CARE

Yeah the other servers are rocking not the APAC ones i dare any bioware dev to log on Master Dar'Nala and come back and say oh this sever is "rocking".

///EDIT

ALSO WE DON'T WANT TRANSFERS WE WANT A MERGE I KNOW SO MANY PEOPLE THAT WOULD LEAVE IF WE HAD TO PLAY ON THE AMERICAN SERVERS. BIOWARE JUST GET BACK TO US WE ARE GETTING FED UP WITH NO COMMUNICATION

Get off your high horse speaking for others, there are people that want transfers.

Im no Hater, but I didnt see anything informative in that article.

All I seen was that SGRs were going to be in Makeb. Thats it.

Everything else was vague information about stuff that they already gave us vague information about before.

Agreed. The only thing that could possibly be a reveal, since SGR was already revealed, is the "more things to do with your companions". That could be just more dailies, but I'm hoping it's the long awaited solo flashpoint type content.

How about, since you are basically saying "forget PvP!", you *at least* address the rising issue of hacking that has sprung up.

Its seriously getting worse every week because the people that were caught 1-2 months ago are still playing and still hacking. Not even a single 1 day ban has been issued yet. Don't believe there is hacking? Google swtor gingers and see for yourself, and he's just one of'em that has been caught multiple times.

You haven't seen what a drop in subscriptions is if you do not address this. Anyone that is remotely interested in PvP will leave, and eventually the hacks will spill over into PvE in some way, shape or form. But hey, I'm sure this whole ignore it and it will go away approach will work just fine....