Smash / Sweep + Bubble Stun

Xinika

9... weeks?

BW released 1.6 early (by a week or so) and the Devs plan to take some family time for the holidays. So 1.7 will be a bit off the normal 6-week tract Bw has been on. I believe this was stated by Jeff Hickman in a Q&A or something, but you are probably already aware of this.

Now all QQ'ing aside, i don't care that I can tool them 1v1, Bioware actually managed to make a class that's easier to play than Pyro Powertech :confused:

Hold on now. Last I checked Rage is still a 3-button rotation at minimum, usually 4. PT/Van still has it beat as a 2-button wonder spec.

Let's not get too hasty and wild in our assertions. ;)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!!

HAVE. TO. GET. MARAUDER. TO. 50. QUICK.

In all seriousness... it does seem a bit out of balance right now so hopefully they fix something. I am only level 45 right now on my Marauder and I can leap into a group on Void Star, drop a force crush on someone and then SMASH 5 people for about 3500 damage each (nothing like one move tossing 17.5k damage into your total bucket). It's quite laughable really.

But I will say I have never had this much fun...

Hold on now. Last I checked Rage is still a 3-button rotation at minimum, usually 4. PT/Van still has it beat as a 2-button wonder spec.

Let's not get too hasty and wild in our assertions. ;)

I say this because with the lowerable cooldown, there isn't a button that a smasher can press that isn't in some way useful (ex. force sweep and then cyclone slash your cooldown away :p) whereas a vanguard can at least Full Auto or Explosive Round/Surge

Sure, I can be, so do you have the link and or information regarding it?

None at all. The burden of proof lies with the people who claim that 1.7 wil bring pvp balance changes. I BELIEVE they are wrong about the claim.

Edited by Veniras

I've been playing Marau since beta and I've put him in the closet for a while leveling a Shadow =)! Marauders should only run Carnage and/or Annih imo.. If you wanna go Rage roll a JUGG.. ^^

ehh, i'd argue that with the increased importance placed upon survivability be the Voidstar tiebreaker method and the Ancient Hypergates wz, a focus sent would be better than a Focus guardian. While i believe that watchman is the way to go, sent is still more desirable than guardian

It was in a broadcast I believe.

As I asked earlier...link please?! If you can't validate your claim, you're just spreading rumors...and I think that the whole 1.7 balance BS is one massive rumor. Please...prove me wrong - I'd love to be.

The hardest hit in the game is a free (with 4 stacks), auto-crit, AOE ability with a lowerable active cooldownAnd tbh, I think that smash needs a much more urgent nerf than Bubble stun, since bubbles can easily be countered by a ranged dps (yes, they exist in this game). If slingers/commandos/sages actually existed, at least on my server, as dps, then I doubt that so many people would complain.

This actually couldn't be more true... trust me, I HATE the bubble spec on my deception assassin, I have left games that had two of these healers on the other side, it's just not fun.

But the issue is the overwhelming benefits melee have in the game, making ranged dps rare to come by. Lack of ranged dps unfortunately makes melee dps lives less fun. If there were a sniper and a dps sorc/merc in every warzone (ranked included), bubble stun would be less of an issue.

I do think bubble stun should be changed a bit, mostly to handle resolve differently, but that is an issue with the resolve system at the core. Smash is a much bigger issue, hope it gets a BIG reworking. As said, the game's hardest hitting ability also autocrits, has ways to increase damage greatly and easily, has easy force management and can be cooldown reduced... and if that isn't enough it's a 5 person AoE! Effing retarded and anyone who says this is cool is a bit slow or a troll. BW taking so long to gather their metrics before they change this just shows poor judgment and a lack of caring for the customer base. :(

Edited by Monterone

This actually couldn't be more true... trust me, I HATE the bubble spec on my deception assassin, I have left games that had two of these healers on the other side, it's just not fun.

But the issue is the overwhelming benefits melee have in the game, making ranged dps rare to come by. Lack of ranged dps unfortunately makes melee dps lives less fun. If there were a sniper and a dps sorc/merc in every warzone (ranked included), bubble stun would be less of an issue.

I do think bubble stun should be changed a but, mostly to handle resolve differently, but that is an issue with the resolve system at the core. Smash is a much bigger issue, hope it gets a BIG reworking. As said, the game's hardest hitting ability also autocrits, has ways to increase damage greatly and easily, has easy force management and can be cooldown reduced... and if that isn't enough it's a 5 person AoE! Effing retarded and anyone who says this is cool is a bit slow or a troll. BW taking so long to gather their metrics before they change this just shows poor judgment and a lack of caring for the customer base. :(

Agree. IMO bubble stuns are balanced in the sense that there are too many FOTM melee rerollers.

I predict BW will nerf bubble stuns once more people start rolling ranged alts...

As I asked earlier...link please?! If you can't validate your claim, you're just spreading rumors...and I think that the whole 1.7 balance BS is one massive rumor. Please...prove me wrong - I'd love to be.

"Believe" is an assumption, it is not a truth. The word was purposely chosen.

Edited by Xinika

devs said there would be no balance changes in 1.6( was either in the Q&A or an interview ), a few people took that statement and turned it into no balance changes until 1.7( was never said by devs ). they post that and QQers grab onto it so they have something to QQ about.

anyway, as for smash, BW went a little to far in how easy they made it to use. the other problem is, massive point blank AOEs should not be given to a class that has leap. other games ive played have attacks like smash, but they are given to true melee classes. leap pretty much makes it a long range AOE. other issue is, smashers can min/max for big damage without really losing out on anything, unlike some other classes/ac's.

and bubble, that is just plain broke and def will be fixed.

Bubble is about 9 billion times worse than smash, just saying.

Yes. Thats why in upcoming 1.7 the bubbles will be toned down that they affect only the one target and the Rage spec mara/Jugg will receive an immunity to immobilizing effects in 4-th level tree ability.

• 1 month later...
Sorry but Focus/Rage spec, needs to be nerfed. Saying bubble stun needs to get nerfed when it is one of the only defenses a sorc healer/dps build has is stupid. Most ppl in wzs role jug/guardian smash spec and once overgeared and you have at least 2 on 1 team, odds aren't in your favor. AND it takes very little skill to actually play focus/rage spec. I don't think all its perk should be taken away but I think its overpowered. But then again they do have to cater to less skilled to keep them playing.

Sorry but Focus/Rage spec, needs to be nerfed. Saying bubble stun needs to get nerfed when it is one of the only defenses a sorc healer/dps build has is stupid. Most ppl in wzs role jug/guardian smash spec and once overgeared and you have at least 2 on 1 team, odds aren't in your favor. AND it takes very little skill to actually play focus/rage spec. I don't think all its perk should be taken away but I think its overpowered. But then again they do have to cater to less skilled to keep them playing.

Both needs a nerf, I play a marauder Annihilation. I love annihilation but I'm playing carnage all the time, I can not play Rage because I think it's dumb as hell.

In 1.7 I expect roots will afect resolve, smash nerfed, bubble nerfed, 4sec stun from DPS removed. Only in tank and healing tree you'll have a 4sec stun in the 5th line of the tree.

Sniper/slinger, Assassin/Shadow DPS, Powertech/Vang DPS, Operative/Scoundrel DPS, Sorcerer/Sage DPS. If you are a DPS, no 4sec stun for you.

"But I'll not kill a healer alone..", a healer it's not supposed to be killed by just 1 DPS.

You'll lose your stun but the pvp will be funnier for everybody.