Which class has the best story.

PatBar

Seriously, pretty much any of them.

I have completed Jedi Consular, Jedi Knight and Smuggler on the Republic side (currently working on Trooper) and enjoyed each of the story lines all immensely.

On the Empire side I have completed Sith Inquisitor only and was a little disappointed both in the story line and finding it overall a hell of a lot easier than Jedi Consular; hardly a challenge in fact. I'm hoping that when I get around to it I don't have the same experience with Sith Warrior vs. Jedi Knight (JK being by far the most difficult and frustrating - and thus rewarding - class mission I have done. All of the others are very easy by comparison).

While Bounty Hunter seems pretty fun and all (recently finished chapter 1), I'm currently having a blast with Imperial Agent where the story line is the most fun I've had since I started playing this game. The class itself provides some unique opportunities for intrigue and surprise and the story tellers have yet to disappoint and I'm not far into chapter 2 as it is.

The trooper story is kinda lame imo.

I thought the gunslinger was pretty fun, a little bit of intrigue, lots of guns, gals, explosions and snarky remarks everywhere you go.

- P

I just finished my Jedi Knight and i'mlooking to start a new toon. I would rather play solo so I want to play the best story. Which class should I play next?

I haven't play it yet, but I hear the imperial agent is generally regarded as the best.

I haven't play it yet, but I hear the imperial agent is generally regarded as the best.

Aye, I believe the comments I heard put the Agent as the best story overall. It's filled with twists and turns I never saw coming, and plays like a James Bond movie.

Trooper I've generally heard as being the best Republic-side, and I can agree. It feels like a war movie, and the chapter climaxes have some of the most epic moments in the game.

The Imperial Agent. With the exception of the Jedi Knight, none of what the other classes have can be called stories compared to the Agent.

I did not like the Inquisitor or Warrior stories at all. I was expecting an ascension type story that was similar to that of Darth Bane. Boy was I disappointed. Perhaps I set my expectations too high, I don't know.

I absolutely hated the Consular story. No matter how bad and free you wanted to be, you were forced to be this goody-two-shoes-loser.

The Agent story was great...a much better story than Ive ever gotten in any MMO. Inquisitor story line was terribad. Im sorry, I know that someone out there spent a lot of time working on it, but it just wasn't good...at any point. I also enjoyed the Bounty Hunter story. It wasn't amazing, but it was good.

The Agent story was great...a much better story than Ive ever gotten in any MMO. Inquisitor story line was terribad. Im sorry, I know that someone out there spent a lot of time working on it, but it just wasn't good...at any point. I also enjoyed the Bounty Hunter story. It wasn't amazing, but it was good.

I hated the Bounty Hunter story after Tatooine, you might be able to guess why but I will tell you anyway...

The story forced my Bounty Hunter into someone he was not, it made me unable to turn in my mark, Gault. My Bounty Hunter was the type that was honor bound to complete a job the way the it was specified. What makes things worse is the fact that Bioware could have gave us the choice to thaw out the clone thing and make it our companion instead, you know make us choose between the real one or the clone, but no. That killed my story.

I hated the Bounty Hunter story after Tatooine, you might be able to guess why but I will tell you anyway...

The story forced my Bounty Hunter into someone he was not, it made me unable to turn in my mark, Gault. My Bounty Hunter was the type that was honor bound to complete a job the way the it was specified. What makes things worse is the fact that Bioware could have gave us the choice to thaw out the clone thing and make it our companion instead, you know make us choose between the real one or the clone, but no. That killed my story.

The clone was never alive. It had to be shot to show a legitimate cause of death.

I have completed the Jedi Consular, Smuggler and 3/4 the way through Sith Warrior.

Sith Warrior story hands down my favorite. Its the only class story so far in which i actually feel like the iconic character its based on, being Vader. Its very good.

Smuggler is a close second, but its how you play it.

Jedi Consular i did not like very much, it was good, but not my cup of tea.

Completed the Sith Warrior, and found it to be epic. I agree totally with the above poster that it very much feels like you are an iconic part of the universe. I watched my friend go through Agent and spectated quite a few missions and was not as impressed. completed Chapter 1 on inquisitor and it's pretty good, as well as Trooper, which, not being a fan of war movies, i was kind of 'meh' about.

By far though, my favorite is Smuggler. just finished Act II, and it's aMAZE-ing! *sing*. Exactly what I was hoping for with a Star Wars game. little Bit, Han, little bit Lando. Best lines in the game (see my sig) imo.

Now if only the Scoundrel was up to par PvE wise with my Juggernaut, Sorcerer, and vanguard :p (but that's another thread, and i strike it from the record of this one.)

Edited by Finis

ive played a sith warrior, jedi knight, smuggler and bounty hunter.

they are all great stories - the jedi knights doesnt really pick up til act 2 and the smuggler's drops off at act 2.

the bounty hunter by far is the best ive played but i havent completed it yet. the sith war is CLOSELY behind the bh. that finale with the sith war was just epic beyond epic.

you really cant go wrong with any class' story man.

I just finished my Jedi Knight and i'mlooking to start a new toon. I would rather play solo so I want to play the best story. Which class should I play next?

Each chapter is different

I liked trooper chapter 1. It had a great finale. Didn't fill like filler material and each planet had a satisfying ending.

Trooper Chapter 2 was OK, but I hated hoth and ended up speeding through it. The planet was just so bleek. That has nothing to do with the trooper story though. The class story on Hoth just felt like filler. Just as excuse not to simply pick up the companion and go. The finale felt weak. It didn't fill like a task that required the best. You just fought a couple average imperial troopers and left. Only the very beginning was cool having your whole squad fighting together at once instead of just you and 1 other. They tried to add some "drama" to the end, but it all takes place off screen so it lacked any real... hmm, flare. You're just otld what happened. The whole mission was just too simple and straightforward. Should have taken a more mission impossible approach.

The smuggler Chapter 1... every planet felt like filler. Just an excuse not to get what you came for and leave immediately. Each one features a goose chase accept for maybe Tatooine. I enjoyed Tattooine the most. They clearly didn't think smuggling would make a good story. I find the smuggler story could have been played by any other class. There is nothing about it that says "I am a smuggler". It's like some private citizen, not necessaily a smuggler, found a treasure map. The trooper, Bh, consular etc. could play out the story during their off time or something.

Sith Inquisitor chapter 1?. It was alright. The conclusion for each planet is pretty anti-climatic and there is a fair amount of filler. I did enjoy Nar Shadaa the most. I played alittle into the beginning of chapter 2 before I move on to JK and JC, because iot didn;t quite fill concluded at the end of chapter 1, and it seemed intriguing.

The Sith Warrior Chapter 1 is my favorite so far. None off it has any filler quality. When you go to a planet you are fullfilling your purpose. Not some random events thrown in because the writters couldn't think of actual relevent content for the story.

I'll be starting jedi knight and consular next. I've heard good things about the knight story, but that the consular will be boring. I'll see soon enough.

Loved Trooper chapter 1. It seemed fairly railroaded but you're a soldier so that was acceptable to me - you take the missions, you don't make choices beyond the operational. Haven't gone beyond cos I was playing with a US friend & they can't bring their toon to the oceanic servers yet.

I've enjoyed the Jedi Consular storyline, but it was the first one I did & I was playing a pure light character so the natural flow went well for me.

I liked the BH storyline up until Gault. After that, I felt more & more railroaded away from what I was trying to be - a pure grey, professional warrior code hunter. The end was a total anticlimax because I was bound to follow my mission and I didn't get the ability to clean up the mess afterwards by killing everyone involved once I was released from my contract. It was very pre-teen comic book stuff with no subtlety.

I've heard excellent things about the IA missions & seen a bit of them via leveling my trooper with a friend's IA, I'll be looking forward to doing them at some point.

I'm enjoying the Sith Inquisitor missions but, again, I'm feeling kinda railroaded. I'm being a pretty pure-sadist which works well for Inq - I only take light choices when the dark choice involves taking a bribe to let someone off. And maybe it's just that I notice how one-path-only it is more now that I've actually done a few of the other toons... but I don't feel like I have any genuine input in the overall story arc of my character. Plus I accidentally started up the romance storyline because apparently flirt = a promise of marriage (seriously? what is this, the 10th century?), and that really offends me badly. RPing being sexually harassed is not fun, especially with a character who'd normally just kill the offender out-of-hand.

So yeah... some good stories there, but too many of them feel too one dimensional and the more of them you do, the more you notice it. If you try to play something slightly unconventional (e.g. grey warrior-code BH) the railroading is particularly noticeable.

1.) dark side Smuggler

2.) Light side Sith Warrior

3.) Dark side Jedi knight

4.) Light side Agent

5.) Light side trooper

My top 5 :)