*protest for bolster removal*

J-showdo

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolster system has flaws but I support it. Oh, the irony though- I think I just bumped your thread up.. Maybe I need to start a thread that is pro-bolster sans the few bugs.

Gotta love freedom of speech, though! I respect your opinion, but disagree. Besides, bolster isn't leaving anytime soon, sorry friend!

/signed.

However, remove it entirely. It's a crutch, and I succks.

I'm almost certain that you don't believe you suck, friend. Hardly any pvp'er thinks they sucks. If you think the removal of bolster sucks, though, i agree. KEEP BOLSTER, FIX the BUGS! You with me on that! Werd...

Give me my bad recruit gear back any day.

/signed

How 'bout this- you can have you "bad recruit" gear back and work within the confines of the new bolster system? Win/Win! Woot! Thanks for posting friend!

Gear gaps exist for a reason, you don't like it? Stop playing a MMORPG and go play Call of Duty where everyone is equal or Guild Wars 2...

/signed

I had to deal with recruit gear and did not cry about it

I played the objective learned my class and eventually got my WH gear, I found every moment enjoyable.

This. Definitely this.

/signed

This thread reminds me of the old 'when will they merge servers' threads we saw about a year ago. Subscribers weren't interested in playing an mmo by themselves and thus voiced their concerns. EA/Bioware didn't act on it till they lost half of their subs because they didn't want to look bad for that quarter or whatever the excuse was.

Now the majority of the pvp'ers are losing interest in this failed attempt to appeal to the pve'ers, ftp'ers, and people that want this game to be a first person shooter with this bolster experiment. Many subs are waiting to see if they bite the bullet and scrap lvl 55 bolster. I just hope they realize people will look elsewhere pretty soon if bolster isn't removed.

Seriously. Doesn't it strike you as odd to implement two different sets because you want to differ between pve and pvp equipment. And then when you realize that you actually have two different sets of equipment you make a broken bolster to "fix" it.?

-Hey, lets create two gear sets! One PVP and one PVE. And like.. the pvp gear is much better in player fights.

They do that in WOW so we just copy it. I think its great"

[waiting period]

-Guys, we have two different gear sets so now you have to have PVP gear to play pvp!

-Dammit. How did this happen?

-They have it in wow so we wanted it too.

-Ok, How to fix?

-Well. We want to keep the two sets. (Since they have it in wow) So we just add some bolster to it?

- Great. I'll write something random here without much mathematical analysis. I really don't think making a model of it is necessary. Besides, I have to leave early today.

[waiting period]

-Guys.. on PTS they say bolster is completely broken. They run around naked.

-Broken? Lets check the mathematical model of it. Oh wait. There is none. Lets just push it out. I need to go early today. It will hopefully fix itself once we add more players into the mix.

Edited by DarthNiktu
spelling

Sorry but all you people who want Bolster removed better pack your bags and just quit because recently EA posted it's earnings report and reported double Monthly revenue from this game on a month to month basis so yea you can leave now your unsubbing won't effect them a bit.

Sub 55 has nothing to do with how good a player is.

Sub 55 is nothing more then who's got the best bolstered leveling gear, and who's got the most skills/talents available to them.

Stop with that nonsense. You just sound lazy.

really? nothing? so either you're someone who is really bad and relies on their gear or you actually have no idea what you're talking about. hard work is learning and understanding your class. Lazy is gear reliant. I hate to inform you, but you're that lazy one.

really? nothing? so either you're someone who is really bad and relies on their gear or you actually have no idea what you're talking about. hard work is learning and understanding your class. Lazy is gear reliant. I hate to inform you, but you're that lazy one.

Wow, you really believe that, don't you. I guess if you believe something false long enough, it becomes truth.

You really have no idea how stupid you look right now...do you?

Edited by islander

Wow, you really believe that, don't you. I guess if you believe something false long enough, it becomes truth.

You really have no idea how stupid you look right now...do you?

Clearly you don't know how stupid you look, though.

And you're proof that believing in something false makes you actually think it is true.

Funny that skill matters in PvP right now. At this very moment -- I've NEVER seen PvP as balanced as it is. Does that mean they should stop working on it? Absolutely not. But 99% of games I've been in recently have actually been 50/50 and difficult fights.

Pre-2.0 -- I knew within the first 5 minutes who would win. Because being hit by smash once shouldn't kill me.

And you're proof that believing in something false makes you actually think it is true.

Funny that skill matters in PvP right now. At this very moment -- I've NEVER seen PvP as balanced as it is. Does that mean they should stop working on it? Absolutely not. But 99% of games I've been in recently have actually been 50/50 and difficult fights.

Pre-2.0 -- I knew within the first 5 minutes who would win. Because being hit by smash once shouldn't kill me.

Wait. i thought he was talking about people wrongly thinking PvP was about skil in sub-55 (or sub-50 pre 2.0) due to no gear imbalance? In that case; he is absolutely right in both versions as they both have AT LEAST the same gear disparity if someone games the system right. The only difference is; in max level PvP, at least everyone has all their abilities, which can't be said sub-max.

Claims sub 55 PvP takes skill

Not sure if trolling, or seriously misguided...

Claims sub 55 PvP takes skill

Not sure if trolling, or seriously misguided...

I'm thinking seriously misguided, but who knows. I could be getting trolled too. When I think about all of the "pvp heroes" who intentionally don't level cap to beat on the weaker levels though...

Pvp just blows now. I have zero incentive to grind out wz's because the gear means nothing. The pvp in this game is starting to feel like a mini raid. I'm playing an alt atm hoping things get better, but I'm not sure how long that will keep me busy. Pre 55 is still ok, but 55 is just not very good.

Bolster is pointless...

I hardly notice a difference from people coming in with pve gear to what it was like coming in with recruit

A set of PVP gear doesn't even take long at all to grind anyways, which is why I was confused as to why bolster was such a big deal when it came out

This thread reminds me of the old 'when will they merge servers' threads we saw about a year ago. Subscribers weren't interested in playing an mmo by themselves and thus voiced their concerns. EA/Bioware didn't act on it till they lost half of their subs because they didn't want to look bad for that quarter or whatever the excuse was.

Now the majority of the pvp'ers are losing interest in this failed attempt to appeal to the pve'ers, ftp'ers, and people that want this game to be a first person shooter with this bolster experiment. Many subs are waiting to see if they bite the bullet and scrap lvl 55 bolster. I just hope they realize people will look elsewhere pretty soon if bolster isn't removed.

This ^^^^

Bolster is pointless...

I hardly notice a difference from people coming in with pve gear to what it was like coming in with recruit

A set of PVP gear doesn't even take long at all to grind anyways, which is why I was confused as to why bolster was such a big deal when it came out

lol yeah, saw some guy in full 72s or close to it in pvp, had like 1500 expertise and 2000 max weapon damage, hardly a handicap due to bolster. He got top damage too.

lol yeah, saw some guy in full 72s or close to it in pvp, had like 1500 expertise and 2000 max weapon damage, hardly a handicap due to bolster. He got top damage too.

That's cause pve gear is still BiS for pvp.

LOL i dont know what game you have been playing but pvp is far from skill now. Someone who can come in with 55 blues will rape ANYONE with anykind of pvp gear. Because of bolster.