State of the Game #3

CourtneyWoods

I wouldn't be too worried about the customization coming through the CM, people will buy them and dump them en-mass onto the GTN, so you can easily buy them with credits.

People complain too much about the CM, there isn't anything on the CM that I haven't been able to buy with credits off the GTN, so why all the anger?

Edited by Elfa

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game seems to be doing well, and that's great. Number of new accounts though, that number is largely meaningless, I mean it includes people that made an account, played for one minute, and then never played again. Retention is the number that means something, active players. You don't want to tell us those numbers, fine, but don't make it seem like that number is so meaningful.

Are you freaking kidding me Jeff? your post is a complete load of BS!! How can you say any of that and actually expect the community to believe anything u say... over 7 months ago you acknowledged an issue with APAC servers and you have done absolutely **** all about it.. you even stated this in the first state of the game... what a load of **** do you job and fix the things the community want fixing and maybe actually fo your job and fix the APAC servers.. your attempts to do anything else are just pathetic. address the issues at hand instead of living in your shell with your fingers in your ear screaming "lalalalaalala" hoping in all goes away

False promises have been made since launch. Going from a substantial raise of the lvl cap, same sex relationship to more races to play. All that in the first 6 months. That's a huge reason why you guys lost so many. You made promises and ppl got tired of reading them and moved on.

You are saying that you are adding content so that players don't have to wait... well it's been a while since we've seen any, unless the Event counts for content, which i it shouldn't as they are freakin dailies. Most updates are 90% cartel related, i got to say that some stuff is cool but when you base your updates mainly on Cartel stuff you are missing the point of the updates.

All and all I'll believe it when i see it cause your track record sucks.

Edited by Swifz

I gotta say that I don't like the idea of using the CM for a simple thing like hair color change. Doesn't make any sense for something so trivial. And doing a complete species change? Don't like that either. Not very realistic. Even in a fantasy world. And quality of life improvements. Yeah, not sure what that means, but it probably means more CM stuff that they want you to spend more RL money on. I want new Class content. I want my character's story to continue. I want as a subscriber to have the option to visit the Barber Shop for free. You want to charge F2P players for that option, go ahead. But as a subscriber, I feel that content like that should be free of charge as I am already paying you monthly. No I don't have a sense of entitlement, but you are fast changing this from what could have been a great MMO to The Sims: Star Wars Edition. I know the CM is your moneymaker now, and I get it. You lost a lot of subscribers. But you are going to lose even more if you keep this direction up. All you are doing now is putting out CM drivel with nothing for subs and no new game content (New DLC not withstanding). There should be ways to get the rare gear in drops in Operations, even if it is just fluff items. But you seem to have forgotten about your subscribers. That in my view is the state of the game. Subs don't count anymore because you have your CM shop. And as long as that keeps making you money, subs are forgotten. Continuing story content is forgotten. You say you monitor the forums and all you came away with is a Barber Shop? Talk about selective hearing. So my state of the game is this: You don't care that subs want new content. You CM shop is your priority. State of the Game: Unacceptable.

Chat bubbles

What is the point of playing with a thousand other players if I don't communicate with them

Chat bubbles make meeting random people out in the world a lot more frequent and easier when I can see that another player is trying to greet me

I gotta say that I don't like the idea of using the CM for a simple thing like hair color change. Doesn't make any sense for something so trivial. And doing a complete species change? Don't like that either. Not very realistic. Even in a fantasy world. And quality of life improvements. Yeah, not sure what that means, but it probably means more CM stuff that they want you to spend more RL money on. I want new Class content. I want my character's story to continue. I want as a subscriber to have the option to visit the Barber Shop for free. You want to charge F2P players for that option, go ahead. But as a subscriber, I feel that content like that should be free of charge as I am already paying you monthly. No I don't have a sense of entitlement, but you are fast changing this from what could have been a great MMO to The Sims: Star Wars Edition. I know the CM is your moneymaker now, and I get it. You lost a lot of subscribers. But you are going to lose even more if you keep this direction up. All you are doing now is putting out CM drivel with nothing for subs and no new game content (New DLC not withstanding). There should be ways to get the rare gear in drops in Operations, even if it is just fluff items. But you seem to have forgotten about your subscribers. That in my view is the state of the game. Subs don't count anymore because you have your CM shop. And as long as that keeps making you money, subs are forgotten. Continuing story content is forgotten. You say you monitor the forums and all you came away with is a Barber Shop? Talk about selective hearing. So my state of the game is this: You don't care that subs want new content. You CM shop is your priority. State of the Game: Unacceptable.

If it will make you happy, I'll buy the hair change off the CM when it comes in and sell it to you dirt cheap. ;)

Chat bubbles

What is the point of playing with a thousand other players if I don't communicate with them

Chat bubbles make meeting random people out in the world a lot more frequent and easier when I can see that another player is trying to greet me

Dude, have you seen the lag issues on fleet? Can you imagine adding chat bubbles to that?! That's why they haven't shown up yet, they can't figure out how to eliminate the lag issue.

Edited by Elfa

I just wish he had mentioned 6-weeks Eric. I don't doubt you, but even you say that the new target is 8-weeks (or sooner™), which leads me to expect 8-10-weelks as the norm.

He answered us and still you twist it to meaning 8-10 weeks , are you serious ? Very cynical indeed. You are a character :). I knew what he mean't 8 weeks tops.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Having been a long time LOTRO player, I find the way they have their store set up works failry well. Theres isnt anything in there that is considered totally game changing. They have buffs and early unlocks like this game but nothing that over matches in game items. Plus, you can earn turbine points (their Cartel Coins) in game, through slayer, reputation, and explorer deeds. If players could EARN CC's, there might not be such of an uproar over adding exclusive items to the store. Personally I'm not a fan of giving you real money in exchange for a couple rolls of the die to see if I won the 1 item I really want. In theory I could spend $1000 on Cartel Packs and never get my desired item. How about making everything available as individual items, at a higher price, and still have the packs where you can take your chance at "winning the lottery" for less?

I'm glad that we're finally getting the ability recustomize our characters, and from the sound of it with some more options, but I'm a bit annoyed that you'll need Cartel Coins for it. It seems like this should be done with credits, if even just for subscribers. I don't think that everything in the game should rely on Cartel Coins... Credits seem like they're getting more and more useless... But I suppose beggars can't be choosers, right?

One thing I would like to know about the future, however, is if there will ever be any more solo content added to the game (besides Makeb)? Every update is always just more group content, and while I don't mind grouping up sometimes I don't want to feel like I'm forced to group up every single time I log into the game just to have a little bit of fun. I enjoy running off and doing things on my own sometimes, too, but besides the horribly boring space mini-game it doesn't seem like we've had any new solo content added since the game launches-- I'm not counting the occasional in-game events, I'm talking about permanent content.

Will we ever see any more solo content? New solo quests and what-not? Something more than the boring daily quests where you keep doing the same exact thing each and every time you do it... every day?

Edited by Blue_Leader

I'm glad that we're finally getting the ability recustomize our characters, and from the sound of it with some more options, but I'm a bit annoyed that you'll need Cartel Coins for it. It seems like this should be done with credits, if even just for subscribers. I don't think that everything in the game should rely on Cartel Coins... Credits seem like they're getting more and more useless... But I suppose beggars can't be choosers, right?

One thing I would like to know about the future, however, is if there will ever be any more solo content added to the game (besides Makeb)? Every update is always just more group content, and while I don't mind grouping up sometimes I don't want to feel like I'm forced to group up every single time I log into the game just to have a little bit of fun. I enjoy running off and doing things on my own sometimes, too, but besides the horribly boring space mini-game it doesn't seem like we've had any new solo content added since the game launches-- I'm not counting the occasional in-game events, I'm talking about permanent content.

Will we ever see any more solo content? New solo quests and what-not?

Of course there will be more content. You can't sell items to people on the CM if you don't keep people around.

And I’m happy to announce that we’ll be introducing several new features along the way, like a new customization feature, which will allow you to change your character's hair style, eye color, body type, or even species (including the upcoming Cathar!) using Cartel Coins. Look for it in early summer

At laaaast :D

Shame it's only summer but HEY :D

Just one question for our community hosts: can you guys please check with Jeff if there will be a name and sex change option also?

Of course there will be more content. You can't sell items to people on the CM if you don't keep people around.

I certainly hope so, but I can't think of much in the line of permanent solo content that has been added since launch.

Well, I guess there have been a few daily quests added, I forgot about those... As boring as daily quests are, I guess it's better than nothing...

I certainly hope so, but I can't think of much in the line of permanent solo content that has been added since launch.

Well, I guess there have been a few daily quests added, I forgot about those... As boring as daily quests are, I guess it's better than nothing...

Yes, I imagine it will always be slow to roll out, but I believe that it will roll out nonetheless, it's just in their best interest.

How about stopping with the cartel market ******** and fixing the bugs that have been in the game since launch ?... Lost some good members in guild because they're tired of you fixing only the cartel market that noone cares about and letting bugs go on forever!

Thanks for the update - as someone who left ~ mid 2012 and recently came back as a paying sub again, I can state that I agree with your assessment of positive trajectory. Group Finder was massively needed and works just fine, and to me the combat is so much smoother and more responsive than a year ago. Plus, it turns out the CM is kind of fun. First game I've played with a cash shop like that and I'm finding it a fun diversion.

Wow, lots and lots of whiners in this thread. Lent-san, you in particular should be on perma-ignore at BW, the whine-to-actual commentary ratio in your posts is roughly infinity.

What's missing in the update? Any information on character transfers. When you introduce a system like Legacy that rewards having your characters on the same server, but do it post-launch when players might have characters spread around servers, you need to make a viable paid transfer system available. This is my single most glaring point of frustration with this game, the fact that I'm completely unable to get my characters together under one legacy on one server.

How about stopping with the cartel market ******** and fixing the bugs that have been in the game since launch ?... Lost some good members in guild because they're tired of you fixing only the cartel market that noone cares about and letting bugs go on forever!

Well they are worked on my separate teams. There isn't much that art guys can do to fix code man. No worries though, I get your drift and I can't help but feel the same. Some of these bugs have been around way too long and are way too inconvenient, bordering on game breaking.

I pugged into story mode EV through LFG the other day and after a wipe, I respawned and they sent me all the way back to where I pugged in from in the backend of Ilum. Do to my cooldowns all being on, I had to travel to my ship, travel to fleet, go to the Ziost Shadow by taxi and run all the way to the EV starting area. It took nearly 15 minutes to get back with all the loading screens.

That has been going on ever since LFG came out and it still hasn't been fixed. Same thing happened to a team mate at the same time during the same Op. Ridiculous.

Though, I love the thought of the barbershop because I have a toon I want to change their bodytype. I have a guildy that wants to change their hairstyle. I can see charging for a species change. However, I don't understand why you're making us pay to change the other small things with CC. Why can't we pay for these changes we'd like to make with in-game credits? Why not give an option for paying with either like you did for some of the legacy options? For the player base who don't wanna have to sink anymore of their income into your cartel market. Edited by xeraphyne

Amazing, and entire thread of people who didn't know you get free cartel coins with your subscription every month. Even more amazing is these people have never used the in game GTN. Here is a tip for all of you, many unlocks can be purchased there for in game credits.

Anyway, thanks for the update Jeff.