Artifice broken due to 1.1.5?

BubbaSmoker

Ok so not sure if anybody else is aware yet, but currently Bioware thought it smart to add a vendor in game that sells everything from Blue, Green, Red, now as well as Purple for 100/250k and White crystals (for 1-2.5mil) that all give +41 stats... then they offer the old rare magenta schematic for 250k to artifice.... Now is it just me or is it a bit messed that anybody can now buy crystals BETTER than any artifice can make for only 100-250k creds? They completely made our crew skill obsolete since currently there are no other good things out of artifice besides maybe the trinkets or starter sabers for fresh 50's. Just looking for others to place feedback and see if I'm the only one disappointed about this or am missing something to it.

Personally I feel it should be the other way around, give artifice the ability to craft the +41 crystals of all colors, and sell the 31/33 to all others. Or else refund all those that took artifice the 500k-1mil creds they wasted to get epic crystals that everybody can now buy off vendor. Why not make a vendor to sell all rakata stims, or the tionese/columi epic craftables out of ops schematics >.> It really doesn't make much sense to me.

Yup.

So not only are still not addressing the broke RE of crafting skills but now they are making yet another completely useless by making one of the only viable selling items for Arty Crystals now anybody can just buy what they wanty from a vendor.

Great job. Can you just remove the crafting system completely cause you just made it pointless.

Oh and a 500k-1mil refund wont even cut it. I have trie 300x to RE the lvl 47 +crit crystal to get the epic and have failed 300x. So based on mats and time they owe me around 3-6mill.

Edited by DarthWalt

yea vendor will be removed in 1.2, so i'm assuming they're gonna plan to give us patterns that give +50 crystals or such? would make sense, or else It seems everybody that has artifice might as well just drop it and take Biochem since it seems only useful crew skill, plus saves you creds for stims/medkits that u can just use and buy the crystals from a vendor lol.

yea vendor will be removed in 1.2, so i'm assuming they're gonna plan to give us patterns that give +50 crystals or such? would make sense, or else It seems everybody that has artifice might as well just drop it and take Biochem since it seems only useful crew skill, plus saves you creds for stims/medkits that u can just use and buy the crystals from a vendor lol.

From what they said it looks like there will be patterns for all the crystals EXCEPT white, which will be unavailable until further notice when 1.2 arrives.

Yeah, I'm not picking up Biochem for the 2 or 3 weeks it takes to test 1.2. And I'm certainly not going to scream about the sky falling on my head until after I read the patch notes for 1.2 in the next few days....

I think the crystals we will be able to buy between 1.1.5 and 1.2 will turn out to be just "cosmetic" compared to what Artificers will be able to make in 1.2. It would not make sense to sell them on a vendor otherwise (aside from a cash dump of course).

My guess is that they will revamp the color crystals so much that once 1.2 hits nobody would WANT the older crystals to begin with. Maybe they are making it so color crystals will have more than 1 stat, or they will enable stats like surge/alacrity for instance.

I for one will wait until the 1.2 patch hits on PTS before I will buy any crystals in 1.1.5 so I know what they are planning for the future before I throw my cash away.

Edited by Rhaphael

For those of you who were not paying attention to the stream yesteday or hate numbers thsi is the reason the economy and crew skills designer talked about.

Basically as the economy stand, there are a lot of people who are as they quote "Filtiy Rich." Which means end game sinks are not soaking up money enough. Until 1.2 comes out with new endgame crafting items they are putting a lot of items out now to buy for cash to encourage rich folks to sink their cash into the game to bring them down a bit. That is the idea behind the crystal and speeder vendor discounts.

In otherwords they are way ahead of you when it comes to economy and endgame crafting. Thats why it goes away 1.2 so take advantage of it if you have the chance.

In related news, a very limited number of pure white color crystals have been recovered by a Hutt-sponsored expedition into uncharted space. As of today, small stocks of these extremely rare and expensive crystals have started to appear in Vendor stocks at the primary Imperial and Republic transportation hubs. With no new shipments expected for several months, those wealthy enough to afford these crystals may find themselves in possession of a highly sought-after collectible.

I read this to indicate the white crystals are for a limited time only.

Basically as the economy stand, there are a lot of people who are as they quote "Filtiy Rich." Which means end game sinks are not soaking up money enough. Until 1.2 comes out with new endgame crafting items they are putting a lot of items out now to buy for cash to encourage rich folks to sink their cash into the game to bring them down a bit. That is the idea behind the crystal and speeder vendor discounts.

Does that also mean they are taking away the dailies? For many endgame people, dailies is where the real money is at (~200k per day when you do them all), doesn't make sense to have a one-time credit sink while the influx of credits still stays high. That would just postpone the problem.

I've decided to drop crafting altogether on all my guys. It's just too much of a money sink. With slicing and gathering and just selling it all on the market I can afford to buy all the overpriced stuff I could ever want.

I never made anything for sale, it took all my money just to keep up with my own char's needs but it also kept me broke doing it. No more for me, thanks.

I get this feeling they are just tossing all the current endgame crystals on a vendor because they will be VERY outdated come 1.2. Thinking we will see double and possible tripple stat crystals making the current ones worthless. Reason the vendor.

I get this feeling they are just tossing all the current endgame crystals on a vendor because they will be VERY outdated come 1.2. Thinking we will see double and possible tripple stat crystals making the current ones worthless. Reason the vendor.

That doesn't change they just spit in our faces, Crafting +33 crystals have killed me until 1.2

Does that also mean they are taking away the dailies? For many endgame people, dailies is where the real money is at (~200k per day when you do them all), doesn't make sense to have a one-time credit sink while the influx of credits still stays high. That would just postpone the problem.

They said something 80% of 50s only have about 400k and 84% less than 1m, so from what I got they wanted players like me with millions to burn some of those creds before 1.2 came out.

But basically, yeah. Artifice, as far as crystals go, is dead until 1.2

'Course, on my server, artifice has always been dead as far as crystals went. Only thing you ever saw up for sale were green (i.e. not prototype or artifact) crystals.

Basically as the economy stand, there are a lot of people who are as they quote "Filtiy Rich." Which means end game sinks are not soaking up money enough.

Actually, they showed that a very small minority even had a few millions on their account, and only a tiny percentage (<1%) ranged in the 10million+ range. The vast majority does not even possess a single million. And those were official charts.

The money in artifice has never been end game. As soon a Kaon came out, the magenta crystals were obsolete. Selling low level colour crystals, that is where the money is at.

For me, at least, the money has been in lower level lightsaber hilts. Since they cost 7/ea per planet it makes more sense for people to buy the hilt from me and take 3 1/2 mods than buying 4 mods roughly the same price ea and buying a hilt from the vendor.

EDIT: Now... if they were to allow me to RE the crystals and learn the schematic I'd be in second heaven, because I know I can make the crystals for less than 125k if they are similar to cost of the magenta crystals per mats.

Edited by CIKShock

this is messed up they should have come to us about the choice to vender these items and not take it out of our skill tree. spend all your time leveling Artifice up and now they make it useless to even have because you cant make the credits you could make with the level 50 crystals.