HM EC now obsolete.

But what you harp on, over and over and over, is that anyone who isn't doing HM EC can, right now, get gear that's roughly equivalent, though over a far longer timeframe. How the "bads" (not sure if you've used the term or not, but someone trying to lend support to you has, at least) shouldn't be getting the same gear. How THIS specifically has taken away the reason to do HM EC.

As if your only real goal is to get the gear. So what I'm suggesting to you is that maybe you're in it for the wrong reasons. Shouldn't you be fully geared up by now anyway, what with HM EC being out for as long as it is? So how does the fact that you can get full BH gear in a few months impact your reason to do HM EC after EC has been out long enough to be fully geared anyway. Ignore what BH comms you've gotten, or only use it to gear up companions. Or shelve that character and bring out another one. If you haven't figured out that the quantity and quality of content is only good for someone with a ton of time by doing it with multiple alts, then you should probably take a good hard look at the overall game design.

Admittedly, you might not require a ton of time, but generally people who don't, are part of long term hardcore raid forces that have been together for years, and you can't design raiding in a game's early life to be challenging for those folks.

Yeah, this post went on a lot about the whole gear thing, I was mainly just replying to people and that's what they were talking about....

But anyway, at this point it's just the same points being made, just worded differently. So no point continuing.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A. It's the most challenging content available right not.

B. In order to fully customize the looks of your gear you need Campaign items. They only drop in HM EC.

C. Only way to get Q61 weapons - especially interesting for dual wielding classes as they need the offhand drop too because Bioware forgot to put OH weapons up for sale.

My guild has yet to clear HM EC. The new augments and black hole gear may help, but I tend to think skill and coordination are most important to raiding success. Execution trumps gear IMO. I could care less what someone is wearing when I see them. But if they are flossin a Nightscythe and have Infernal or Unyielding after their name, then I'm like, "oh damn!" Respect is there. That is where the status is, not the gear. Those symbols of success are what I and my guildies are striving for. I see a Warhero geared dude on fleet and think, "Meh, so he trudged slowly up a mountain. Big whoop." But I see a black speeder and it's, "Wow! That dude bashed down a wall, kicked in a door and went howling through!" So hardcore raiders, be proud of your accomplishments and care not what gear others can get.

But if they are flossin a Nightscythe and have Infernal or Unyielding after their name, then I'm like, "oh damn!" Respect is there.

Nightscythe... maybe.

Infernal/Unyielding? Lol no. Perhaps back when Soa's lightning balls actually hit worth a damn and there were so many bugs that getting a clean run was a miracle, but these days NiM EV and KP are a joke.

Nightscythe... maybe.

Infernal/Unyielding? Lol no. Perhaps back when Soa's lightning balls actually hit worth a damn and there were so many bugs that getting a clean run was a miracle, but these days NiM EV and KP are a joke.

My nickname for the EV title was "Lord of Bugs."

I cleared him as soon as they fixed the bugs, and am impressed by anyone who kept at getting the Infernal title before they fixed "Soa, Lord of Invisible Lightning Balls."

A. It's the most challenging content available right not.

B. In order to fully customize the looks of your gear you need Campaign items. They only drop in HM EC.

C. Only way to get Q61 weapons - especially interesting for dual wielding classes as they need the offhand drop too because Bioware forgot to put OH weapons up for sale.

Think about it for a second, with barrel and hilt free to move, they would need to add 61 weapon for everyone else on that vendor. You can already get a 61 hilt/barrel and move it to your main hand from the 2nd boss of EC HM.

Edited by ElitehunterDS

Think about it for a second, with barrel and hilt free to move, they would need to add 61 weapon for everyone else on that vendor. You can already get a 61 hilt/barrel and move it to your main hand from the 2nd boss of EC HM.

If you're fortunate enough for it to drop. We've been doing HM Denova forever, and never had a 61 hilt/barrel drop.

If you're fortunate enough for it to drop. We've been doing HM Denova forever, and never had a 61 hilt/barrel drop.

No, he means that for classes with moddable offhands you can take the unassembled Campaign drop from Firebrand/Stormcaller, extra the hilt/barrel, and place it in your mainhand.

Knights/Warriors, Bounty Hunters, and Smugglers can do this. Everyone else would be better served grinding themselves a war hero weapon since 33 of a Primary stat is better 68 of a marginal secondary stat.

The black hole gear is inferior to the campaign gear...

Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't but for BiS you generally need to at least mix different BH/Campaign stuff. In other words, mixing in BH will outperform pure Campaign.

My guild has yet to clear HM EC. The new augments and black hole gear may help, but I tend to think skill and coordination are most important to raiding success. Execution trumps gear IMO. I could care less what someone is wearing when I see them. But if they are flossin a Nightscythe and have Infernal or Unyielding after their name, then I'm like, "oh damn!" Respect is there. That is where the status is, not the gear. Those symbols of success are what I and my guildies are striving for. I see a Warhero geared dude on fleet and think, "Meh, so he trudged slowly up a mountain. Big whoop." But I see a black speeder and it's, "Wow! That dude bashed down a wall, kicked in a door and went howling through!" So hardcore raiders, be proud of your accomplishments and care not what gear others can get.

Important, yes. But lets see you take eight new lvl 50 alts in blue modded gear and green trash drops through EV HM.

Not newbs, you can take the most skilled power gamers you can find. Just no gear better than blue, and it has to be Hard Mode.

Let me know how that turns out for ya! :p

Point is, there is a reason we have tier 1 and tier 2 flashpoints.

Take it from a healer who's seen blue recruit gear worn to Nightmare Pilgrim, GEAR MATTERS!

No, he means that for classes with moddable offhands you can take the unassembled Campaign drop from Firebrand/Stormcaller, extra the hilt/barrel, and place it in your mainhand.

It is worth noting that Scoundrels and Gaurdians can mod-rip the off hand weapons of 'slinger/sentinal to upgrade their mainhand if they are having no luck finding a main-hand drop.

I'm in full rakata with a partial set for my dps companion, and had to settle for a columni slinger off-hand from battle of illum after our last HM EV run another scoundrel won the roll for the rakata offhand and promptly quit the guild the same night. :mad:

A recent interview I saw said they were trying to increase difficulty more through coordination checks than gear checks. That they'll be able to get BH gear easily doesn't bother me much.

That they'll have deceptively good gear and then fail massively at story mode operations because they aren't well practiced at coordination checks will bother me quite a bit I imagine.

That last bit somes it up for me, it's not that it's easier to get but the fact that people with the iq of a peanut will have 61 gear and want to run everything and anything even though they don't have the common sense to do so. Ive been in groups with guys with 61 gear that can't even finnish kaon under siege because they have gear but nothing else. Quite annoying in my opinion.

This isn't a troll post just staying the obvious, this new easy to get BH comms have made a mockery out the gearing system....

Here's an example (based on current 1.3 BiS) of what a lightning Sorc can reasonably achieve without ever stepping foot into HM EC.

I don't even see a problem here. Completely min-max'ing your character without stepping into EC would take months to do. If someone wants to takes months to achieve something they could in les than a month is fine by me.

I don't even see a problem here. Completely min-max'ing your character without stepping into EC would take months to do. If someone wants to takes months to achieve something they could in les than a month is fine by me.

I wish more people would!

I've been doing FP's for fun, not for gear, and I am consistently the best geared by a wide margin. I've seen people with Valor 54 in full recruit. Really, why would you not buy battle master?

I hate pvp and i have 3 pieces of bm gear. That guy was dps, so it wasn't such an issue healing him through story mode Illum but you see my point. Hard Mode would have been a wipe for sure. But the tank did a good job of getting and holding agro, and taking out trash along the way. And those two things are key to a good run. The trash mobs you bypass cause as many wipes as the bosses do.

That's something that must be taught. Gear does very little to offset the damage when the tank stealths past a pack of elites and one dps takes agro.

Better gear makes a successful run considerably more likely. And it's easier to teach if you aren't rezing back at the starting point 8 times.