Make all Flashpoints available in Hardmode

Some of my favorite flashpoints were those you did between lvls 17 (Hammer Station) and 45 (Red Reaper), I especially enjoy Collicoid War Games.

I know I can run these again with my lower level alts but I would really love to run through these with Harmode difficulty and my lvl 50.

It would be a quick and simple way to add 6 new HMs to the End Game with very little work involved for the Devs :D

And how about making Nightmare Mode versions of the existing HMs, can you imagine Lost Island at Nightmare difficulty :eek:

Some of my favorite flashpoints were those you did between lvls 17 (Hammer Station) and 45 (Red Reaper), I especially enjoy Collicoid War Games.

I know I can run these again with my lower level alts but I would really love to run through these with Harmode difficulty and my lvl 50.

It would be a quick and simple way to add 6 new HMs to the End Game with very little work involved for the Devs :D

And how about making Nightmare Mode versions of the existing HMs, can you imagine Lost Island at Nightmare difficulty :eek:

No to HM colocoid. basically free loot after the turret, and because theres no gear requirement you could just repeat that one bit for loot.

The rest of it i have no problem with though.

MORE HM YES PLS.

Though i do see the point of it being more difficult to increase the mechanics on some encounters. Imagine another layer on the last boss of hammer. That would be adds, conal attacks of doom, ground aoes, invulnerability phases, random threat drops, and a hard enrage. would be worth his nickname of "baby denova" then :rolleyes:

I would definitely run through the Hardmodes Flashpoints. Visually, I find Athiss and Cademimu quite interesting, and would love to see them again in a more powerful form. And Nightmare Flashpoints would certainly be fun, but they would drop Rakata (Campaign Chestpiece for Lost Island?), I'm guessing, and that would take away from the necessity of doing Ops, which may not help stop trolls, exactly.

I have thought for a while that they should make HM versions of Hammer/Athiss/Mando/Cad/Colidoid/Red Reaper, and have these one be the new Tier 2 flashpoints. Not sure how much room they left themselves to work with, but that's what they get paid for - figuring out these types of design hurdles.

I would definitely run through the Hardmodes Flashpoints. Visually, I find Athiss and Cademimu quite interesting, and would love to see them again in a more powerful form. And Nightmare Flashpoints would certainly be fun, but they would drop Rakata (Campaign Chestpiece for Lost Island?), I'm guessing, and that would take away from the necessity of doing Ops, which may not help stop trolls, exactly.

Would love to have a Nightmare mode option for all flashpoints, as far as dropping Rakata and taking away from "necessity" of ops, 1: Black Hole MK-1 gear has better stats than Rakata 2: I don't think it should ever be necessary to run ops. I'm in a guild, and we run ops, but we don't always have the right combination of people so there is usually an odd man or 2 out, and it's never fun being the odd guy out that gets left behind and forgotten

I like the idea of a HM Hammer Station, Mandalorian Raiders and Red Reaper.

But I'm not sold on the idea of Nightmare Flashpoints.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some elitist who doesn't like the idea of 4 people being able to get the best gear in the game on their own, it's more that I don't think there would be a benefit from introducing nightmare fps.

If Nightmare fps were simply HM fps with the damage and health increased it wouldn't be novel so much as boring. More of the same is more of the same, regardless of whether you increase the enemies npc stats.

Instead introduce Tier 3 Flashpoints with HMs.

HM LI is sort of like a Nightmare BT. Rather than introducing Nightmare versions of Tier 1, HM versions of Tier 3 would fill this slot better. Why? Because currently a lot of people are getting bored of doing the same flashpoints over and over. I've spacebard every flashpoint I've been in since March because I've done them all dozens of times.

Tier 3 Flashpoints are what we need, not Nightmare versions of Tier 1.

Tier 3 Flashpoints are what we need, not Nightmare versions of Tier 1.

Why would anyone want to put limits on content?

We have what we have currently. We want more, some want more of what they have enjoyed in the past, and others want more new stuff.

Where do I fit? Well, if my only choices are one or the other then I guess I'm on the fence. That means I want both. Not one over the other, not one more than another, but both. Old and new content.

Expand the game, not just pay options, but the game content. I will go for the easily achievable milestones with revamping loot tables and levels to HM and NM, as long as that is not the end of the expansion to the game.

At this point I am assessing the game, I am not the first and I wont be the last,, so what is going to make ME stay when most of the end game content is the same old same old, same FPs, dailies, or grind toons I "hate" to play just to get a frakking droid I cant really use in end game. MORE options, MORE content, MORE story (one of the best things in the game from levels 1 - 49), just MORE.

I am only here for the long haul if the game maker is as well.

Edited by slambs_oz

Yes please. I want an HM Athiss and an HM Cademimu. I get the feeling that they don't know how to add a "hard" mechanic for Prophet of Vodel in Athiss and Rocket Man in Cademimu.

i can imagine some, imagining mechanics isn't hard, translate them into game code is the tricky part.

For example Last boss athiss.

There is 2 ice tank in the room, you have to dps it, it doesn't blow in one shot, when it blows it create a patch of ice on the ground. If a boss or the player is too close when it blow, it is temporary frozen.

You have to kite fireball into the patch of ice, 1 patch can extinguish 4 balls. The fireball does not disapear otherwise

Since you have a limited amount of ice tank (2) and fireball don't disapear, you have to kill the boss by the time he summons the 3rd series of fireball.

You could also have the fireball leaving fire trail on the ground that never disapear, kiting path become important.

you could have the boss alternate fire and frost ball and have 2 tanks, one of frost, the other of fire.

you could have the patch of frost or fire on the ground last only 15 seconds so you can't blow it far in advance and you have to kite quicky and efficiently.

You could have the boss having a cast that prematurely blow the ice or fire tank, that need to be interupted or the fight will be very difficult.

Let see what we could do for last boss cademinu.

one thing i could see is that the rocket send wave of fire, non continue, with a few holes in it and you need not only not be under the rocket but also move to be in the hole of the wave (other wise instant death of course, or very nasty dot). that could be easy but can quickly become sport if you have 3 rocket firing, 3 wave of fire, from 3 different direction.

once a rocket has been fired, the ground is heated up, so walking on it does hurt a little, a small dot, but you have to heal it since you can't stay under the other rocket that firing.

Rocket keep on firing, and keep on sending wave, never stop until you do something. Click on a switch or shoot a barrel near the rocket.

Rocket firing become more and more frequent, as well as fire wave to avoid, thus making it a soft enrage.

Edited by Vankris

Agreed completely. If they want to add new content while minimizing man-hours spent on doing it, that would be the way to do it. Only issue I see is what the heck would these "new" HM fps drop? My vote is schematics.