False Emperor Flashpoint - Harsh Punishment for Knockback...

I recently did the False Emperor HM flashpoint with a group of guildies to get me the Aratech Ice, and I noobed it up for a second and was knocked off during the last fight. At this point I was completely locked out of the Flashpoint, and was forced to start over again to get the credit for the mission.

I sent in a ticket just to see if it was a bug, but I got a message back "Be advised that as you died, you are ineligible for the progress your party members made."

This ALMOST makes sense, except that in every other Flashpoint/Raid, if you fail miserably and die normally, you are still eligible for all progress made, and are able to get any and all gear dropped in the instance. Furthermore, if you ever fall off the map and are forced to exit the phase, for everything besides FE, you are able to go back in and receive the gear, provided that your team waits for you.

All I'm asking for is consistency... if dead people aren't eligible for the rewards, then fine, fair enough, but make sure that's true everywhere and not just in one isolated circumstance.

Just think it's a harsh punishment considering how incredibly powerful his knockback is, and how long the flashpoint is compared to others.

Edited by Nazguapo

sounds like it just bugged out for you; usually (granted, I haven't done FE in forever) you could just zone back in mid fight.

That was my initial thought, but the ticket response said "working as intended".

The flashpoint ends when Malgus dies...there is no further mission condition, you get the Tionese Comm and exp, etc. Contrast with T5, where you have to talk to the scientist after you kill Edikar, or Maelstrom where you have to talk to Revan after you kill Kilran. With Malgus, if you die mid-fight you can rezone but if they kill him before you go back in, there's nothing for you to rejoin.

Sounds like a tough break, but is working as intended. If you release during a fight you get locked out., and don't get credit or loot. Most other modules you can die and get rezzed in place. But a fall into nothing automatically releases you. Some places you have to be very careful how you position yourself, and this is one.

What is also annoying is when you knockback a boss over the side that youi need to kill, and he doesn't die and you can't complete the module

had the same problems several times in hard mode. it isnt too hard of a fight but just being unlicky and getting locked out wasting a entire instance for nothing is frustrating. usually it is always the person that needs the update or chest piece drops for gets locked out also.

there is a really simple means to correct this problem and that is change the final quest requirement from "killing him" to looting a item or something simuliar which isnt a auto update for everyone not present.

that being said it all goes back to a poor instance design mechanic. there is no reason to lock anyone out of a instance once the bosses are dead. you just have a empty instance to go back into. perhaps it is implemented this way because of memory problems, bugs or other issues unknown to us. but the base of the problem is if other mmos can allow you to reenter a cleared instance why cant they do it here?