#winning in SWTOR...

Aleeha

BioWare you did a great job with the "companion" concept. You made an "MMO" where I can level to 50 and I NEVER have to interact with the "community" at all. Need a tank? No problem, I can summon him. Need a healer? No problem, I can summon him. Need a dps? No problem, I can summon him.

You do NOT need the community at all until you hit 50. There are plenty of players now who are running hardmode Flashpoints with just 2 people and their companions, not all of them but some.

And the second BEST #winning part about companions - I NEVER have to be bothered going out into the galaxy and "immersing" myself with it to "gather items to craft". I can just send my "companion".

Yeah, I can see what you guys did there..

BioWare you did a great job with the "companion" concept. You made an "MMO" where I can level to 50 and I NEVER have to interact with the "community" at all. Need a tank? No problem, I can summon him. Need a healer? No problem, I can summon him. Need a dps? No problem, I can summon him.

You do NOT need the community at all until you hit 50. There are plenty of players now who are running hardmode Flashpoints with just 2 people and their companions, not all of them but some.

And the second BEST #winning part about companions - I NEVER have to be bothered going out into the galaxy and "immersing" myself with it to "gather items to craft". I can just send my "companion".

Yeah, I can see what you guys did there..

Wrong.

I would love to see you solo level appropriate [Heroic 4] and [Heroic 2+'s] (some classes can do the 2+'s) by yourself.

I would LOVE to see you two man Hardmode flashpoints with the intended gear level to run it. I would also love to see you run Ops with a companion.

Wrong.

I would love to see you solo level appropriate [Heroic 4] and [Heroic 2+'s] (some classes can do the 2+'s) by yourself.

I would LOVE to see you two man Hardmode flashpoints with the intended gear level to run it. I would also love to see you run Ops with a companion.

also this

LOL are you kidding?

OFC its a bad thing in so called MMO game.

What is with people beating the dead horse called "This isn't an MMO! Waaaah."

Please, point me to a mass-market MMO that you CANNOT reach level cap by yourself. Any content beyond that requires groups.

Warzones (you're in a group), Flashpoints (you're in a group), Operations (you're in a group), Heroic 2 and 4's (you're in a group), multiple datacrons that require...*gasp* grouping!

Wrong.

Clearly you didn't read my post and I'll reiterate what I said just for you, I do NOT ever need to group with another player to reach level 50 in this game. I have the aid of companions.

Does that make it a little more clear now for you?

The point is while companions aren't a bad idea they do NOT bring the "community" together and build "community". It's the same thing in WoW, I can go from 1-85 in less time than it takes to go from 1-50 and I do NOT ever need to group with another player to do it.

So the only time that I really ever need to get involved with the community is when I hit 50.

Edited by LexiCazam
Rude

Wrong.

Are either of these necessary and required to get to level 50?

No.

The OP is absolutely correct. I am currently level 34 and have done a single (NM) flashpoint with my guild. The rest I've done myself.

I really have no desire to do the exact same thing (Flashpoints and Heroics) over and over again because there's nothing else to do once you reach 50. I've never understood the complacency that one must have in order to say, "I've done this before, just yesterday, but now I'll do it again," or "I just did this yesterday, but I'll do it again - only this time with much more difficulty."

And I'll get to level 50 and can do it without doing a single Flashpoint or Heroic if I so desire.

ToR is designed as a single-player game with the option to have a handful of people with you if you chose.

The OP is 100% correct.

Edited by Stelakh

Clearly you didn't read my post and I'll reiterate what I said just for you, Special Snowflake, I do NOT ever need to group with another player to reach level 50 in this game. I have the aid of companions.

Does that make it a little more clear now for you, Special Snowflake?

The point is while companions aren't a bad idea they do NOT bring the "community" together and build "community". It's the same thing in WoW, I can go from 1-85 in less time than it takes to go from 1-50 and I do NOT ever need to group with another player to do it.

So the only time that I really ever need to get involved with the community is when I hit 50.

Oh please. You would be crying on the forums if you were forced to group up to achieve level cap. I fail to see how being able to hit level cap solo is a bad thing. You can play at your own pace, experience your own story, and you have the OPTION to group up if you so desire.

Edited by Naroga

Well don't use your companion

What kind of **** advice is that?

The whole leveling is around companions.

You cant finish Your story without companion.

the whole point is that this game is supposed to be an MMO and isnt.

Everybody knows that so just deal with it. Its decent solo rpg game in SW universe, but it has WAY too far from MMO.

Companions were great, I agree that its the best companion implementation ive seen in any game so far. But the fact is they cause you not needing to group with ppl.

What kind of **** advice is that?

The whole leveling is around companions.

You cant finish Your story without companion.

the whole point is that this game is supposed to be an MMO and isnt.

Everybody knows that so just deal with it. Its decent solo rpg game in SW universe, but it has WAY too far from MMO.

Companions were great, I agree that its the best companion implementation ive seen in any game so far. But the fact is they cause you not needing to group with ppl.

Everybody knows you're wrong. I can make baseless claims too.

LOL are you kidding?

OFC its a bad thing in so called MMO game.

No, it's not a bad thing.

Companions help you out when you CBA/can't find a group for whatever reason. And if you manage to solo heroic 4 mans, frankly you're a damn good player and deserve to do so. Also, even if you can solo 2 mans or duo 4 mans, it will be quicker and more efficient to do so in a proper team of 2 or 4 players respectively.

As for sending them out to gather mats, you can always go look for the nodes yourself.

Oh baseless you say..

Open your eyes my friend.

Well, let's see. Post-launch the forums were full of whiners crying about how bad the game was, predicting its doom, and expecting it to go F2P in a couple of months.

Two days ago, EA releases a 2 million copies sold sales figure with 1.7 million active subscribers.

Whose eyes aren't open?

How could is possibly be bad to not need other players? People are there if you want them to, you could lvl from 1 to 50 and do every single quest together with someone else. So either non at all or everyting. What more do you want? Because im fairly certain thats about as far as the range of options would go.

Or do you suggest forcing people to quest together? I am sure you are going to love playing with people who do not want to party and rather solo.

I am confused now...what is the point of this thread again?

This "MMO" is in-fact an "MMO". Just "because" you "choose" to not interact with "others", does not mean it is not an "MMO".

I suggest that you join a "guild", it really "helps" with finding "friends" and "comrades" to do things with in-game.

Good "luck"!

Edited by AtomicWanderer

How could is possibly be bad to not need other players? People are there if you want them to, you could lvl from 1 to 50 and do every single quest together with someone else. So either non at all or everyting. What more do you want? Because im fairly certain thats about as far as the range of options would go.

Or do you suggest forcing people to quest together? I am sure you are going to love playing with people who do not want to party and rather solo.

I am confused now...what is the point of this thread again?

They are grasping at straws. They can no longer say the game is hemorrhaging subscribers, so instead they say that it isn't <X> <Y> and <Z> and Bioware "lied" to them. Please.