PvP Healing Must be Fixed

Izariel

I know there have been numerous threads on this. But in order for BW to get the point, we have to keep reminding them.

PVP Healing is broken, especially for the consular.

1. Cast times are too long, Interruptions too frequent, and heals too small to be of hardly any use in pvp. Ill try to heal on my sage- after the interminable wait, if it actually goes off- it heals for 1500 out of 12500... Its just rediculous.

2. Long cast times are the death knell of any class in pvp because it reduces their effectiveness in pvp by about 50%. Most of the time in casting rather than having an ability go off. Other classes have instant heals- consulars dont (without deep speccing).

Giving the length of casting, the incredible frequency of interrupts and the difficulties of a buggy UI, LOS issues, lag, and miniscule healing amounts- healing is just not worth it in pvp.

FIX HEALING IN PVP BIOWARE

Edited by Izariel

I preffer the current gameplay so much over what you are aiming for. They did that in wow and healing created stalemates and hour long arena matches, healers in this game in warzones have a more versatile role, being able to deal damage and do SOME healing. You can't tell me that you would preffer a more stalemate situation in all warzones leading to far more 0-0' situations in huttball for example because the fight doesn't really go anywhere.

Furthermore and most important, this game has no hard 8 second cc's, all CC is on big cooldowns and are more to peel and to time well rather than trying to chain extremely long cc chains to kill someone through OP healing. Trust me its quite allright like this if you compare it to games where healing is OP. And it just wouldn't fit this game, with a lack of reliable constant cc to counter healers.

I preffer the current gameplay so much over what you are aiming for. They did that in wow and healing created stalemates and hour long arena matches, healers in this game in warzones have a more versatile role, being able to deal damage and do SOME healing. You can't tell me that you would preffer a more stalemate situation in all warzones leading to far more 0-0' situations in huttball for example because the fight doesn't really go anywhere.

Furthermore and most important, this game has no hard 8 second cc's, all CC is on big cooldowns and are more to peel and to time well rather than trying to chain extremely long cc chains to kill someone through OP healing. Trust me its quite allright like this if you compare it to games where healing is OP. And it just wouldn't fit this game, with a lack of reliable constant cc to counter healers.

Your opinion vs the facts OP posted. I'll go with facts. Opinions belong in your diary, most of which are based on incorrect assumptions/information.

Your opinion vs the facts OP posted. I'll go with facts. Opinions belong in your diary, most of which are based on incorrect assumptions/information.

I think you should read my post again. For your convenience I have here the part I am specifically aiming at.

" Furthermore and most important, this game has no hard 8 second cc's, all CC is on big cooldowns and are more to peel and to time well rather than trying to chain extremely long cc chains to kill someone through OP healing."

These are facts, this game would not support heavy healing in pvp. They would have to change the gameplay too drastically.

I think you should read my post again. For your convenience I have here the part I am specifically aiming at.

" Furthermore and most important, this game has no hard 8 second cc's, all CC is on big cooldowns and are more to peel and to time well rather than trying to chain extremely long cc chains to kill someone through OP healing."

These are facts, this game would not support heavy healing in pvp. They would have to change the gameplay too drastically.

"Big cooldowns" - BIG is your opinion, CC's are on 1min cooldowns, that isn't BIG.

Making healers more effective wouldn't create stalemates b/c it isn''t a buff to the level in which you are referencing your position from ( that being your experience in wow). Making healing more effective would in fact bring it into line with damage and tanks in ability to effectively contribute to the match.

I could go on but your rant about some unbelievably hard concept of chaining CC together to burst down through the big bad healing monsters is obviously biased. Look at the system objectively and not through your anger of not being able to compete against healers. You can beat healers, you just have to be smart.

I know you have some agnst towards healers but the fact is people like to heal and its a portion of the player base that needs to be given some attention to. No ones screaming for healers to be invincible gods, just have the potential to contribute and be competitive, not useless.

Edited by MasterRoland

The healing trees really makes healing more viable in pvp. It reduces cast time, interrupts ect. You should not be able to heal very good with sub 10 points in a healing tree. I think once you get your full talent trees and skill set, healing will seem much diffrent.

"Big cooldowns" - BIG is your opinion, CC's are on 1min cooldowns, that isn't BIG.

I could go on but your rant about some unbelievably hard concept of chaining CC together to burst down through the big bad healing monsters is obviously biased. Look at the system objectively and not through your anger of not being able to compete against healers. You can beat healers, you just have to be smart.

1 min cooldown compared to how the healing works in this game is great. And yes it's big. I will ignore your personal jabbering and skip to your point made in your post and reply to that.

As of now if you would buff healing cast times and power, there would NOT be enough cc to counter this at all, so yes the CD's are "big". You have obviously not experienced games where healing is buffed and cc is on no cooldowns, only diminishing returns. If you would, you would know that this kind of gameplay leads to extremely stalemate boring gameplay. 1+ hour matches are the ussual outcome of overbuffing healing and lowering CD cooldowns.

"You can beat healers, you just have to be smart." -

Please, if you would go beyond your "facts" and use your common sense, you would realise that there are no measures in this game to beat heavy healing. I cannot understand how you could possibly fail to see this. If you get this now, imagine how many abilities and cooldowns bioware would have to add / reduce to make it work.

Will not happen. It's fine, actually, its great right now.

:eek:

The healing trees really makes healing more viable in pvp. It reduces cast time, interrupts ect. You should not be able to heal very good with sub 10 points in a healing tree. I think once you get your full talent trees and skill set, healing will seem much diffrent.

And indeed I am wondering what lvl the OP is playing on. Obviously a lvl 15 with no points spent in his healing tree will not do well in healing. They are not meant to go full healing yet.

Edit: Basically what poster above me said.

Edited by Roffejaw

I agree with this. One major thing people are forgetting about Swtor is the time it takes to kill a player. Because of this you cant have powerful heals because it will just make it impossible to take someone down.

If you played with a good healer you will know that they still make a huge difference in a warzone and can keep a player up for a long time in a 2v1 situation.

Also healing feels more skilled based because you cant just sit and insta cast and you still have viable dps and CC so you have to decide when to attack, heal, or CC.

The only thing I say that needs to be fixed is the UI to give correct health percentages.

I'm level 30 on inquisitor, and I must say that I'm still struggling in PvP. With all my points spent in corruption, I have to fire a small heal ability before my main in order to reduce that main to a 1.5 second activation from a 2.5 second activation.

During that time I must stand stock still in the middle of an ecounter whilst all hell erupts around me. Standing still in a warzone is suicide, much as you might try to place yourself well out of the line of fire.

Finally, when the ablility does fire, after fighting against the knockbacks, it heals for a paltry amount that certainly isn't enough to justify my taking the time to heal. I would be much better rolling as a ranged prof and unleashing DPS than standing still like a muppet trying as hard as I can to fight the incoming tide of DPS.

I love healing, and have been a healer throughout a variety of MMOs, but I'm struggling to locate the fun so far in ToR.

Having said that, I'm finding myself fine and well balanced in PvE. So I hope if Bioware do decide to tweak, they do so delicately.

I know there have been numerous threads on this. But in order for BW to get the point, we have to keep reminding them.

1. Cast times are too long, Interruptions too frequent, and heals too small to be of hardly any use in pvp. Ill try to heal on my sage- after the interminable wait, if it actually goes off- it heals for 1500 out of 12500... Its just rediculous.

2. Long cast times are the death knell of any class in pvp because it reduces their effectiveness in pvp by about 50%. Most of the time in casting rather than having an ability go off. Other classes have instant heals- consulars dont (without deep speccing).

Giving the length of casting, the incredible frequency of interrupts and the difficulties of a buggy UI, LOS issues, lag, and miniscule healing amounts- healing is just not worth it in pvp.

Spec healer. Your heals will hit for 4-5-6k and be almost impossible to out damage unless they cc and focus you.

Off healing is very powerful healing for the ammount you specified without having any tallents for it.

Also, SHUT UP. STOP CRYING, GET LEVEL 50 and play for a month or so before you start QQing. ffs.

I'm level 30 on inquisitor, and I must say that I'm still struggling in PvP. With all my points spent in corruption, I have to fire a small heal ability before my main in order to reduce that main to a 1.5 second activation from a 2.5 second activation.

During that time I must stand stock still in the middle of an ecounter whilst all hell erupts around me. Standing still in a warzone is suicide, much as you might try to place yourself well out of the line of fire.

Finally, when the ablility does fire, after fighting against the knockbacks, it heals for a paltry amount that certainly isn't enough to justify my taking the time to heal. I would be much better rolling as a ranged prof and unleashing DPS than standing still like a muppet trying as hard as I can to fight the incoming tide of DPS.

I love healing, and have been a healer throughout a variety of MMOs, but I'm struggling to locate the fun so far in ToR.

Having said that, I'm finding myself fine and well balanced in PvE. So I hope if Bioware do decide to tweak, they do so delicately.

unless the heals cast time is shorter then a second.... wouldnt it be better just to cast your damaging (or main healing if im reading it incorrectly) ability? Unless you ACTUIALLY need to toss a heal somewhere?

Edited by BladeDArk

unless the heals cast time is shorter then a second.... wouldnt it be better just to cast your damaging ability? Unless you ACTUIALLY need to toss a heal somewhere?

Yes it would! That's kind of my point. Healing isn't balanced and in line with DPS classes.

I would be better off rolling as an agent or BH from a PvP persespective, but I really enjoy healing so can only hope that the role is made viable.

Hmm, I'm a jedi sage, and I have no problems healing at all (I'm not even all that good at PvP)... maybe you just aren't as good as you think?

Before BioWare decides to change anything drastic it should wait until more good information is available.

And seriously, if you stand in the middle of the battlefield of course you'll get interrupted, so learn to place yourself properly, your healing spells have a long range...

Yes it would! That's kind of my point. Healing isn't balanced and in line with DPS classes.

I would be better off rolling as an agent or BH from a PvP persespective, but I really enjoy healing so can only hope that the role is made viable.

Soo... your complaining that pre 50, your small heal isnt worth it in comparison to your big heal....

._.

no comment

These threads are great. In beta, they brought out the scorned WoW failures who talked about how "it shouldn't be like WoW, I like mindlessly mashing damage."

Nothing changed.

This.

There's always new and fresh justifications and distortions of reality along with completely made up stuff to explain to themselves and to everyone else why healing is just not fair and some boogey monster we have to keep locked in the closet. (see the kid I was arguing with earlier in this thread.) They mad they got beat by a team with a healer.

Healing will get be brought to a competitive level or PvP in this game will fail. You want a total offense game? Then go play quake. Adding healing makes things difficult meaning you have to try, you have to have some level of competence. Not just press your damage buttons until there's no red anymore.

You need to play at higher levels. It's significantly different. Healers start taking off in a big way around mid-late 30s. Ask anyone that was in full beta.

Lets not try balancing the game pre-cap

I love it when people who are level 15 complain about PVP balance or game mechanic's being "broken".

It also makes it very easy to tell who was in beta and who wasn't.

Yeah and every wave in beta the newbs QQ'ed on the forums about pvp cuz their lvl 20 got pwned.

I have been healing in pvp since level 10, now 24. Healing is fine. It isn't too much to the point where it causes stalemates, and it can make a difference in battle. You have to also invest into the healing tree in order to be a viable healer, or else ya you are not going to be doing much.

Now one thing they do need to fix is the healing UI. It is broken, hands down. The Ops frame does not show the correct amount of HP. Since that is technically broken then I will agree they need to fix that for PvP healing sake; however, it brings back old memories of spot healing what you see out in the open from previous games. Which brings up the next point, a real healer learns to deal with the tools that are given to them. Adapt, grown, learn, and then triumph when they fix the issues.

Hmm. How many medics are in the middle of the field during a war to get the soldier to a fighting state again.... answer is ZERO. RL however sucks. Medics should have little to no place in a Warzone. Some minor top ups are ok. But it should be the tactical skill's of th team that determine the winner. Not the healer. With the increased time it take to KO a player. The current healing model is fine.

Please stop trying to make the game like WoW.

I'm as bad as the OP. I posted.