Weekly Mission for Flesh & Steel

Sportiva

I'm confused ... on my first toon that I took through Ossus, I was able to get the Weekly Mission to kill Tank Droid & Kil'Gik that rewards a Masterwork Data Crystal.

On the other 3 toons I have taken through Ossus, none of them can access the mission. I think it is supposed to show up on the mission board but it doesn't.

Anyone have any insights?

This is a known bug that they are looking to fix next Tuesday.

Hey folks,

Quick update on the status of our next patch. There are some key issues that were introduced in 5.10 that we want to address next week. The current plan is to have a patch no earlier than next Tuesday, Dec 18th. Look for a post on Monday with a status update on timing.

Here are the issues we are tentatively looking to fix (standard disclaimer that this is still subject to change):

• It is no longer possible for characters to be left with no Main Story Mission after completing “Inflection Point”.
  • “Flesh and Steel” will now track kill progress for the entire Operations group on R8-X8 and Kil’Cik as intended.
  • Characters who reunite with Dark Side Jaesa will no longer have her Influence set to 1. Dark Side Jaesa will once again accept your Companion Gifts.
  • Characters who acquired Dark Side Jaesa prior to 5.10a have had her Influence rating restored to their pre-5.10 values.
  • Characters who reunite with Light Side Jaesa on Ossus will no longer receive the Dark Side Jaesa Alliance Alert.
  • The lightsabers equipped to Darth Malgus and Tau Idair are now Bind on Pickup as intended (previously Bind on Equip)
  • The [Weekly] Masterwork Data Crystal is now available on all days of the week, not just Tuesday.

This is not a comprehensive list of all of the bugs that we intend to fix following the release of 5.10. We will likely have more bug fixes in January and February. This is just to clear some of the more major/blocking issues.

Thanks everyone! Look for more details on Monday.

-eric

• 2 weeks later...
Still not fixed, even after the patch. I had waited for the patch to roll hoping that everything would work as intended, but joined a group that downed the bug boss twice without credit. The second time they switched instances because the word going around is that's what it takes to make it work. It didn't. There are also people claiming that you have to leave group with 5% boss health remaining to get credit. Both of these so-called solutions are surely not what Bioware intended, and there is no reason why this quest can't be made to work as intended. It is not a trivial quest and its reward is a key component to upgrading gear. To have this problem persist will only serve to alienate the people who play the game and expect it to work.

well, i dont know if this a possible solution, so when the boss at 5% try to get close to the boss before it get kiiled

and i tried using range and was quite far from boss and didnt get credit so i change my position to be close to boss when it killed , it gave me credit everytime BUT i was told the tank on that group didnt get the kill even he was the main tank

so i am not sure but staying close to boss while burn him to death gave me the credit everytime

• 8 months later...
How far into the story do I need to go for this mission to show up.i have picked up any missions I can find but this has not come up on the main quest board

Once you finish Ossus story you get these missions. But there are 2 missions. The first is a one time only that rewards you a mainhand or offhand; this one i think is not in the board, check NPCs nearby. The second is the weekly for the crystal and is in board.

How far into the story do I need to go for this mission to show up.i have picked up any missions I can find but this has not come up on the main quest board

Basically, if you’re haven’t watched an intricate cutscene with voice over and dramatic music score, then you haven’t finished the story yet.