personal speeders training cost

Emperor_Troll

so i got this way super cool FREE starship that i apparently know how to pilot (for FREE) and go into space combat with, but i have to pay 40k credits just to learn to ride a personal speeder?

i understand game money sinks and can accept the cost of personal speeders themselves, but this is just silly.

judging by posts made on the cost of training abilities, respecs and gear repair at high levels as well, there should be a complete reevaluation of money sinks and mandatory expenditures so they fall on the more reasonable side.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i got this way super cool FREE starship that i apparently know how to pilot (for FREE) and go into space combat with, but i have to pay 40k credits just to learn to ride a personal speeder?

i understand game money sinks and can accept the cost of personal speeders themselves, but this is just silly.

judging by posts made on the cost of training abilities, respecs and gear repair at high levels as well, there should be a complete reevaluation of money sinks and mandatory expenditures so they fall on the more reasonable side.

It's to keep everyone from becoming crazy rich. I have over 150k and I'm level 32. Just imagine how much money I would have if I didn't have to pay a but load for training.

I have a 21 toon with 47k. I've been working on crafting too (Synthweaving) so it's not like I've just been gathering and selling crap. I've just sold some of the items I made on the GTN which has made me some money.

I will probably have somewhere near 70k by the time I hit 25. I don't think it's a lot of money.

Edited by Mandrax

The spaceship is needed to travel between planets. There is no way to do it without one.

The speeder is an optional luxury that you can choose to buy for 40k, you do not have to buy it.

Okay.

Now explain why your character is so stupid you have to be level 25 and pay for training for a speeder, but you can fly a million credit starship with no training at all at level 13+.

Yes things get expensive, but part of the game is managing your in game finances. I stopped sending my crew on missions at level 23 because I knew I would need 40k+ for training. I like the fact that I have to be wise with my credits.

Okay.

Now explain why your character is so stupid you have to be level 25 and pay for training for a speeder, but you can fly a million credit starship with no training at all at level 13+.

[Excluding space combat] Think of it as the difference between learning to ride an elevator and learning to ride a motorcycle.

The ship was a gift. Not sure why everyone is making it sound like you had to pay for it. The speeder training is just a form of credit sink. It happens in every MMO yet people still get surprised by it? Fourty-thousand credits is not that much at level 25. You should be able to casually obtain 40k credits by level 25. If not, then just remember one thing, it is not set in stone that you have to purchase the training right at 25. Who cares if you need to wait an extra level or two.

You should not have to take a crew skill to afford basic things in the game. If i want to craft why should i have to take slicing to do anything else?

You don't need to. I had 70k at 25 without slicing while I leveled crafting. Stop being lazy, stupid, or wait till you hit Nar Shaddaa and see credits rain down from the sky.

• 3 weeks later...

It is very simple and well common sense, You are not flying your ship. Your have a droid who controls the main functions and keeps the ship up to date. You push buttons and your ship then plots your destination and goes forth. Even your companion is in the engine room as to show the illusion of doing work. If you listen to that droid as you run past it it constantly says info to that respect. In fact most of your ship attributes are on auto pilot. A speeder you are driving and most jedi dont know how to use one.

What i would like is the option of having guns on the speeder or bolt action guns. you have to craft them to use on your speeder. of course once you fire at a target you will flip off your speeder as you are now in combat. just like in the phantom menace.

You are given a spaceship because they are vital to you traveling the galaxy and completing your missions. Why the hell should they give you a speeder? Seriously your even ************? Looting your kills and not wasting your money on gear you don't need is more then enough to afford one.

It seems to vary a lot how many credits people have. I struggle from zone to zone to have enough money to keep up my crew skills and stay on top of my training and try to save up for the next bankrupting speeder cost etc.

I'm levelling with my husband and our first combination of BH and IA we were both broke and struggling the whole time. I wasn't overenamoured with the IA so switched to a SI and caught him up again and we carried on. I seem to have more credits on my SI than I did on my IA but he still struggles with the BH. I had to lend him 15k credits to be able to afford the 40k+8k cost of speeder ability and a speeder. And that was on top of me mistakingly buying social gear when I was only trying to see what it looked like. So I should have been 14k down but somehow had enough to buy my speed skill and help him out.

Alternatively maybe it varies on what crew skills you choose. I have absolutely no idea. Some peopole make their money doing space missions regularly but I find them dull as ditch water and only do them when both of us are flat broke and can't afford our training.

Some say PvP is the answer but you've got to like doing that and I presume actually be any good at it. Some cashed in on slicing before it was fixed.

Who knows but there seems to be a divide of those who have loads of credits and others like me who struggle to make ends meet.

Edited by Xerda

Okay.

I have to throw this in because I thought it...well, stupid. You come across a speeder in your travels (Nar Shadaa) and jump on and AWAY YOU GO!! Well, if I don't need to waste 40K on that speeder, give me that one and you can keep the other!:D

Okay.

I thought C2N2 was the one doing the flying....

Are people really pulling the, "It doesn't make sense cause if this was RL, a spaceship would be harder to pilot than a speeder?" thing?

Guys, we're playing in a world where 3 foot tall hooded Jawas can sling lightning from their fingers, hit you in the face and you come out with your eyebrows in tact. Your eyebrows son. :|

How about we don't start trying to apply real world physics to game balance.

inb4 BHs should be able to OHKO with missiles, and inquisitors should have to go to a Hospital after they fire lightning.

God, are people really still whining about this? At higher levels you will be making enough for speeder training many times over just doing missions, or running flashpoints, or pvping, or doing whatever it is you do besides hanging out at the republic fleet.

Fact: The speeder training was not even a pot hole in the road. If it is for you, then you are spending your money on really stupid things. It doesn't need to be re-evaluated. People who can't afford it need to re-evaluate how they spend their credits.