Gen. Var Suthra, enemy of the Republic! (spoilers)

SweetOldBob

I just got my Sentinel up to lvl 50. Looking back on the story, it seems to me that Gen. Var Suthra has done more harm to the Republic than any Sith. I was focused more on playing than story, but how many variants of the following did we get?

Var Suthra condones or at least tolerates a secret lab making highly destructive, ethically dubious weapons. The lab gets compromised by the Sith, who use the lab to concoct even worse, more destructive weapons...

... with the result that a planet, perhaps the whole Republic, perhaps the whole Galaxy, perhaps the space-time continuum itself is threatened with imminent destruction.

Var Suthra is worth the entire planet of Korriban to the Empire!

To be fair, it's Dr. Godera who is really responsible for 90% of the planet-destroying capability in the galaxy. (Ask the Knight or the Agent.) I love how the Empire doesn't have to spend a dime in R&D for this stuff; they can just steal it from the wildly incompetent Republic. Var Suthra is but the top of a large pyramid of clowns who can't keep this stuff under wraps.

Dr. Godera is a monster of epic proportions, but he's probably okay because he's not the one deploying all this stuff designed explicitly to wipe out entire planetary populations. Right?