As a Starwars fanatic, Want we want in Ops/Raids!

I completely understand their is a war going on within this time period. And you are playing that part hardcore with KP/EV/EC. I would like to see some Ops that are set in a sith tomb where the main protagonist is an ancient ghost of the dark lord of that tomb. And looting that lords gear that is different looking than any other. Like an old platemail or ringmail type. Stop giving us all the same ugly gear for raids. I.E. token drops that all look alike but different color schemes.l I want to wear Tulak Hordes mask, weild Ajunta Pall's sword. Give us Ancient jedi robes from fallen masters.

I want to do the iconic star wars raids, not kill an unknown Transdoshan on top of a walker. Let us raid ancient tombs and temples. Genosian bunkers etc. Give us loot drops that can not be turned in for tokens so we have a reason to keep going back and farm it. You dont have to make up new Operations were we kill a hutt or take down an ancient rakatta person.

You have the license to do great things, do a wiki search on old republic talismans etc, and start building raids to get these or flashpoints that drop these ancient bad @ss toys. I dont want gear called columi or rakatta or campaign, I want a dang lightsaber that was wielded by Naga Sadow, and make it original like shorter than all others so its unique. Do something that will make swtor a place to raid and feel starwarsy..

People feel free to give devs idea's. Worked a 12hour shift and as I was thinking about this I had more idea's than I can remember when I went to post it. I hope you get the idea.

All I want for Christmas is the Devs to listen to the real players and not the trolls WE DO NOT WANT PVP to be the main go of the game but like every other game that has a PVP set up after a few month they start to mess around with different build of characters so everyone can be a better PVP player, what I want is more story and more loot options I don't need a high lvl cap just better story operations and flashpoint so please I am begging you help me run my guild by giving the game what its needs.

P.S Sorry for the rant i love this game but you guys need to work on it and fast!!!!!!

I'm all for this. This is Star Wars and in an older period, there should be an epic ancient Sith dungeon with a pure destructive evil for us to vanquish. To expand on the unique gear idea, BioWare could make unique schematics that drop in this particular Ops so be could have some more special gear/items and there is a greater reward to the Ops other than commendations and tokens. Having them as schematics would also make crew skills a bit more important, but these unique items should require materials specifically from that certain Ops to add more incentive to run it as well.

There are a ton of things BioWare can do to Ops more interesting and rewarding. I know they are coming out with a new Ops soon, but they will have to add something else to make it really unique from the others. I'm not just talking about another tier of gear either.

I completely understand their is a war going on within this time period. And you are playing that part hardcore with KP/EV/EC. I would like to see some Ops that are set in a sith tomb where the main protagonist is an ancient ghost of the dark lord of that tomb. And looting that lords gear that is different looking than any other. Like an old platemail or ringmail type. Stop giving us all the same ugly gear for raids. I.E. token drops that all look alike but different color schemes.l I want to wear Tulak Hordes mask, weild Ajunta Pall's sword. Give us Ancient jedi robes from fallen masters.

I want to do the iconic star wars raids, not kill an unknown Transdoshan on top of a walker. Let us raid ancient tombs and temples. Genosian bunkers etc. Give us loot drops that can not be turned in for tokens so we have a reason to keep going back and farm it. You dont have to make up new Operations were we kill a hutt or take down an ancient rakatta person.

You have the license to do great things, do a wiki search on old republic talismans etc, and start building raids to get these or flashpoints that drop these ancient bad @ss toys. I dont want gear called columi or rakatta or campaign, I want a dang lightsaber that was wielded by Naga Sadow, and make it original like shorter than all others so its unique. Do something that will make swtor a place to raid and feel starwarsy..

People feel free to give devs idea's. Worked a 12hour shift and as I was thinking about this I had more idea's than I can remember when I went to post it. I hope you get the idea.

if you want to explore sith tombs make a inquisitor and do their story line. frankly i am all tombed out because of it.:D

i do agree there is a lot that can be done to make the group content more interesting.

the first solution is to leave the wow regular, hard and harder mold behind. just make a raid zone with three seperate difficulty tiered sections or even zones with different bosses and mechanics to learn. the learning curve will be much higher instead of doing the same zone and bosses with just one new mechanic.

if you want to explore sith tombs make a inquisitor and do their story line. frankly i am all tombed out because of it.:D

i do agree there is a lot that can be done to make the group content more interesting.

the first solution is to leave the wow regular, hard and harder mold behind. just make a raid zone with three seperate difficulty tiered sections or even zones with different bosses and mechanics to learn. the learning curve will be much higher instead of doing the same zone and bosses with just one new mechanic.

Sort of hard for bioware to change the way the game works halfway through the race so to speak, but I personally agree with you.

Asto the OP's ideas I agree. I'd love to see more rare drops but make them truly rare (cough black purple crystals im looking at you) Drops like Karragga's hat (but much less dorky looking) would go along way to motivating people beyond the raid till BiS.

One of the best things I liked about TOR was coming across the named equipment and while 80% of them was vendor fodder it was sort of cool to have carth running around with Bendaks blaster and Calo nords pistol. More "insert famous lore figures name here" robes or Sateel's crystal would be very cool.

But make them rare, make them look neat and for the love of god don't make them generic off the vendor crap.

/Turn on speculation

The current operation and the next are leading up to an encounter with the dread masters, five sith lords that will be encountered in future operations. They are not ghosts but you may or may not fight them in a tomb. How far off is that operation? I don't know. Will we fight them separately as one encounter or will we fight each one individually as separate boss encounters? I don't know that either, but my guess is that they will be fought separately and each will have its own separate mechanic and they will all be in the same operation. That is a complete guess though.

As far as sith tombs go, I am pretty sure that Yavin 4 will be in this game before it is all said and done. The tomb of Naga Sadow (Yavin 4, final resting place, his ghost is there) has not been explored in any kotor game and I fully expect that to be a flashpoint rather than an operation. It seems to me that with operations in this game bioware is expanding the lore and flashpoints revisit the lore. examples: Revan, Rackgouls, HK-47 all revisited lore. The Operations are all expanded lore and things created just for this game. So my guess if you are going to fight the ghost of Naga Sadow it will be in a flashpoint and when they release Yavin 4.

Yavin 4 will likely be released in an expansion. They will want to bundle well known planets like kashyyyk dantooine and Yavin 4 in expansions rather than updates. They will want to reserve iconic planets to lure old players back to the game and get everyone to buy the expansion. So if you are gonna get a shot at ancient sith ghosts you best hope is in a flashpoint when the new expansion comes out.

/Turn off speculation

Edited by Pcolapat

Their is so much the can do with the lore, they own the liscense and this starwars time period is probably the best. Just do a wiki search on old republic artifacts and they can start building ops/fps on those artifacts. Simple.... make these RARE, and cosmetically appealing. I completely understand whats going on and frankly im tired of participating in this conflict / war that is going on, keep building on that, but give a little side thing we can escape too with the ops running.

Wait, so this whole thread comes down to "QQ, I want more Star Wars lore in my game!"?

No matter how much you want something to happen, EA is going to run a focus group on what the consumer wants out of this game, yoke developers into designing it, and then force-feed it to us (regardless of what the community may be actually wanting). If you think that they'll make this game even more about the lore that people won't recognize beyond the movies...:rolleyes:

For the love of the force yes! I want to fight epic battles against nasty force users, ancient sith magic users, force ghosts, maybe some rogue Jedi baddies? NO more large robot bosses for awhile PLEASE! Those are not unique! What about a raid where we have to fight thru a gladiatorial arenas warriors? Could be all different, creatures, wookies, beast masters, force users.

How about one set on kashyyyk on the bottom of the darkest forest?

What about one where we had to help either empire or republic side in a massive battle? Could have an intro needing to be done in our ships and something better than battle of ilum instance needing more than 4 ppl. So many options in a galaxy far far away!

Better unique gear drops also. More palette colors and NO more huge shoulder pads!!! No one wore that lame stuff in any of the movies! No hats with wings either!