New lv60 crystals in 3.0?

Loadsamunny

You seem to be under the impression that nobody could be in your position and also disagree with you. The only possibility is they have some sort of insidious motive.

If you bought a crystal of a certain color that grants +41 power, that's exactly what you got. You didn't buy a contract for "the highest tier crystal, even if it changes in the future."

Yes, and if that bought +41 Power crystal became a +0 Power crystal, what would you say then?

Worse, what if you bought a green +41 Power, and a Green +41 Endurance, and a Green +41 Crit, only to have all three become Green +0 crystals? On top of that, you paid to unlock all three in collections as well, since they were different.

That is ok?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the majority would be a bit perturbed at first, but then the answer would be yes. Because it would have to be, that is how MMOs work unfortunately.

And that is fine, so long as they issue a refund for those CCs that were spent.

I'm quite serious, it could be considered a breach of contract to do otherwise, and at the very least, I could expect a refund of my most recent CC purchase.

I have no doubt that American Express would agree with me, regardless of Bioware's take on the subject.

I'm quite serious, it could be considered a breach of contract to do otherwise, and at the very least, I could expect a refund of my most recent CC purchase.

I have no doubt that American Express would agree with me, regardless of Bioware's take on the subject.

Then you would be banned, like everyone who does chargebacks.

Anyway, it's definitely going to happen, and it definitely needs to.

Would you underline the section in the EULA/ToS in which it is mentioned that EAware is not allowed to change in-game content as they see fit?

I feel that is a silly premise. I wlll not receive a refund for the money I have already spent on items that are now or soon to be useless, and I expect this would be no different.

That does not mean you shouldn't file a claim. You can do as you wish naturally. But personally I find the contention absurd.

AMEX likely can't do much about it, because you bought cartel coins with your AMEX. That transaction is finished, and BW delivered them. Transaction complete. The fact that the product you bought is another form of currency doesn't have anything to do with AMEX anymore.

Yes, and if that bought +41 Power crystal became a +0 Power crystal, what would you say then?

Worse, what if you bought a green +41 Power, and a Green +41 Endurance, and a Green +41 Crit, only to have all three become Green +0 crystals? On top of that, you paid to unlock all three in collections as well, since they were different.

That is ok?

Ok now this is a valid point. I still don't feel the same way you do, but you have a valid point.

This issue is probably why they haven't *already* removed stats from crystals.

Why SHOULD they remove stats from crystals?

I still haven't seen much of a real argument made there, just a sort of assumption that it's good.

At any rate, anyone who spent real money on a crystal would have a real reason to never buy an item for real money in SWTOR again. I don't know about demanding a refund, but once bitten, twice shy, for certain.

Please don't mess with crystals. As an artificer that put a lot of time getting the pre-CM crystal schematics, I've already been screwed over once. I now have many of the CM colors unlocked, and getting screwed over again would drive me crazy.

There needs to be a hell of a lot better argument than "It makes sense" and "It should be cosmetic". Why exactly? The original KOTORs had some of the most powerful stat increases in the crystals.

Edited by wiredgutter

Why SHOULD they remove stats from crystals?

I still haven't seen much of a real argument made there, just a sort of assumption that it's good.

At any rate, anyone who spent real money on a crystal would have a real reason to never buy an item for real money in SWTOR again. I don't know about demanding a refund, but once bitten, twice shy, for certain.

^This.

Just not a good idea to mess with stats of crystals. Not to mention, some players (me included) may have found the perfect color crystal for our characters, and putting in higher stat crystals now would ruin that. :/

Likely should have left them as just a cosmetic option in the beginning, but that's a bit late now.

^This.

Just not a good idea to mess with stats of crystals. Not to mention, some players (me included) may have found the perfect color crystal for our characters, and putting in higher stat crystals now would ruin that. :/

Likely should have left them as just a cosmetic option in the beginning, but that's a bit late now.

If you stop and think about it ... the +41 stats were / are good for getting through the lower levels of the game a little quicker. BUT once you get closer to end game they are needed (stats are built into the rest of the game that way). I'm certain that the harder raids that are available are also built wit stats that already take into account the specs. that player can and will have with these crystals.

IMHO: best to leave them as they are. Even if the game had a huge expansion released the crystals specs. could be left alone and simply make change in gear / mods. for gear that might be added or changed.

How about throwing crafters a bone by adding +41 mainstat crystals?

They wouldn't be more powerful than the current AP crystals, but artificers would finally have something new to craft.

I don't think we'll see any updates to crystals (outside of color) until they split them into separate mods for color and stat. (Color Crystal has no stats, and Power Crystal with only state but no color) That is further down the road than 3.0 it would seem.

Oooo, I'm quoting you! Also, you are correct :). +41 will remain on all color crystals in 3.0.

-eric

I really think they should add a craft-able item that would increase the item level of a color crystal. That way players can keep their colors and increase the stats of the item.

In light of Eric's comment above, I think all color crystals should be retroactively changed to +41 stats.There is really little sense in having the lower level crystals in game since the Cartel variants are usable at level 10. With legacy gear and the abundant availability of these CM crystals, the market for the sub 50 ones has been very dry. Not to mention you can usually buy the non-popular ones fairly cheap. I think this would work fairly close to removing stats option without changing the CM variant stats. Rarer crystals will still stay rare with their associated stat boost as is now so their value will keep, and artificer schematics would get cleaned up a bit.

I really think they should add a craft-able item that would increase the item level of a color crystal. That way players can keep their colors and increase the stats of the item.

I Agree. They should create a part like a lens or something that holds a stat that they can modify over time. That way they can remove the stat from color crystals and everyone can use the colors they want.

I'm not sure how hard it would be to go though all the existing items and add another component to the them. Or they can add the stat to something like another augment type item. This in turn could add more to crafting then.

I think the majority would be a bit perturbed at first, but then the answer would be yes. Because it would have to be, that is how MMOs work unfortunately.

what can you buy from the cm that has become a detriment to equip? I'm not talking about gear sets with token mods that you can replace. if new crystals with higher stats came out then the current cm crystals would be the only cm gear like that.

I've currently got most of the cm crystals in .my collection but would prefer that they removed stats from them. That would be confusing to implement, tho, since someone can buy the same color four times for the different stats. But the system is already a mess considering the artifice efforts are rendered all but pointless by the existence of the cm crystals (i also have an artificer with most of the available color schematics including the magenta ones).

what can you buy from the cm that has become a detriment to equip?

Unlocking fast travel to ship became obsolete with Strongholds, and that could cost CC.

Class mission xp unlocks too are obsolete for the time being since they don't stack with 12x, also could cost CC.

I'm sure I can dig up more examples, those are two off the top of my head and I don't see anyone clamoring for refunds because the game changed. Because, guess what, that's what MMOs do - they change.