The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Are you serious? You refuse to guard someone outright on your tank for no other reason than your whim and then got sore when one of them taunted off you ... and then gladly admit that you, apparently routinely, demand guard yourself and happily act the 'bad' when you don't get your way. Amazing.

I'd say your bad run was more of karma's way of introducing herself to you.

Yes, I am completely serious.

I do not guard anyone when I'm on my main tank in order to make myself concentrate more and do my operations rotation and awareness. That's the only reason I'm not falling asleep while doing the flashpoints. Then, when I switch to my sentinel, I'm going all out on the bosses because they're the only opportunity to do operations-grade rotations and bursts. I specifically ask to be guarded because 1) tanks on TRE usually slap guard on the healer, 2) they rarely - if ever - use a single taunt in their rotations and 3) I know I'm overgearead and will pull off them. When I do pull, I'll pop my defensive cooldown, tank for a few seconds and drop my threat. Why? Just to teach the tank that he should never guard the healer and that he should use taunts in his rotation.

Most pug tanks on TRE are terribad and I regularly pull off guardians and vanguards. There was one guardian dude who *did* guard me and I *still* pulled. And that's counting only the bosses because pulling on trash is of no consequence. Although, my sorc healer pulls trash on a daily basis because imp tanks are apparently worse than the rep ones.

Now I know you're going to read the post as me stroking my epeen, but it's the opposite. I'm trying to push both myself and the group when playing. I'm always up for a contest of dps vs tank in regards of threat as it keeps me concentrated and is really the only available challenge in current flashpoints.

With all that said, taunting off a tank just so you can brag you've "pulled" is douchebaggery on a whole new level.

I do not guard anyone when I'm on my main tank in order to make myself concentrate more and do my operations rotation and awareness. That's the only reason I'm not falling asleep while doing the flashpoints. Then, when I switch to my sentinel, I'm going all out on the bosses because they're the only opportunity to do operations-grade rotations and bursts. I specifically ask to be guarded because 1) tanks on TRE usually slap guard on the healer, 2) they rarely - if ever - use a single taunt in their rotations and 3) I know I'm overgearead and will pull off them. When I do pull, I'll pop my defensive cooldown, tank for a few seconds and drop my threat. Why? Just to teach the tank that he should never guard the healer and that he should use taunts in his rotation.

Most pug tanks on TRE are terribad and I regularly pull off guardians and vanguards. There was one guardian dude who *did* guard me and I *still* pulled. And that's counting only the bosses because pulling on trash is of no consequence. Although, my sorc healer pulls trash on a daily basis because imp tanks are apparently worse than the rep ones.

Now I know you're going to read the post as me stroking my epeen, but it's the opposite. I'm trying to push both myself and the group when playing. I'm always up for a contest of dps vs tank in regards of threat as it keeps me concentrated and is really the only available challenge in current flashpoints.

With all that said, taunting off a tank just so you can brag you've "pulled" is douchebaggery on a whole new level.

Someone called me once an "elitist"...

Now THAT an Elitist.

Learn, kids... And never do things like this guy. :cool:

2) they rarely - if ever - use a single taunt in their rotations

Taunt should not really be in a rotation. Based on the mechanics of the skill, you should really only use taunt if you lose agro....just saying is all.

Why exactly you need taunt in rotation if there is no agro drop/tank swap mechanic on current boss?

You run fully 78 min maxed with set bonuses and tank is in 58/66s?

Because only big gear gap could make taunt needed ... otherwise after openers it has no place in rotation if there is no drop/swap at boss.

Pushing others over their wishes is same jerkiness as taunting from tank.

If you want challenge just form pre made and run under geared/try to solo them & so on... do not force your elitism over others.

Mobs on healer - seems that DD are even worst ... most ads/low health trash are DDs "job" by design.

But you still blame the tank (only).

With such mentality no wonder why community is falling apart.

I'm surprised there haven't been more horrible stories on account of Kuat. I've run a bunch on a PT I'm leveling up as both dps and more lately tank and they are either stupid kill-fests with all dps groups that will not recharge their own health, or stupid kill-fests with all dps and me the only tank, which works out better. I stay behind and heal to full, then taunt off the dps leaping in and stay alive. Rinse and repeat. And constantly at least one dps will wonder why there is no healer when I'm taking 95% of the damage. On the other hand, nearly all the actual role-specific flashpoints I've run have been smooth and great, possibly because the idiots are running Kuat.

Even when you type out instructions for boss fights, people completely ignore them and kill themselves. Then run back. It's really annoying, but they won't often get you killed, just themselves, so that's good.

I did run one as a tank with two guildmates as dps and heals. Our 4th was a really low level jugg queued as tank. I joke about the shortage of tanks in group chat, but I don't offer to respec and let him tank since I'm nearly 40 with both taunts and cooldowns and some actual tank gear. We plow through most of it with my PT doing most of the tank job, ie collecting the mobs up into groups for efficiency. The jugg never taunts or acts like a tank and I figure he's just rolling with it. Then our healer dc's right before the boss segment of Kuat. We requeue, but no one shows up and my guildmate and I are ready for the challenge and our little juggernaut doesn't disagree. It's the dreaded jedi boss that everyone seems to hate, but I've never had a problem with, mainly because I haven't tried to solo KDY with characters with long casts on abilities. I pull out Mako solely for Heroic Moment and we pull. Thanks to the legacy abilities and guildmate playing a mirror (sorc) to a class he's super good at for pvp/ops, we do some good dps and I'm doing well HP-wise, since I'm not standing in circles and heroic moment heals. Mako is understandably dead early on, since companions don't get bolstered.

The level 17ish jugg's health starts going down, since he's standing in everything. Then he taunts. He seriously hadn't taunted the entire flashpoint, but starts when his health is at 50% and has no source of healing except the clicky boxes. Maybe because he saw me running around like a crazy person every time blue circles popped up and figured I was terrible at this tanking thing. So he dies. Sorc and I keep at it and I get flung around the room but try to keep the boss in range of the sorc. Jugg runs back out and does the same thing again. And then again. I think he died at least 5 times before we finally killed the boss.

I kind of felt sorry for the guy, since he did try, but just didn't understand the mechanic or figure it out after several deaths. He was still better than the majority of people I've met in kuat. He didn't call out for heals from a healer who doesn't exist. He healed himself up between fights. He pulled one group at a time. He didn't go running after those crates you have to destroy in the middle of a fight. He didn't split up from the group during the hanger scenario and accidentally pull the two gold jedi and silver trooper trying to get back, which oh god is the worst and I would have dropped that group, except the guy who did it dropped immediately because we were jerks who didn't follow him. The second time I saw that, it was a stupid dps who ran off to blow up crates while I and another dps were typing "come back, we're ready to go start the fight" and the healer followed him because blowing up crates is the best, and I'm typing "we'll get those on the way out, come back." So the other dps and I sit there and watch as they not only don't come back, but pull a separate group on the opposite stairs all by themselves, which gets the healer killed. The stupid dps at 10% hp then comes running TOWARDS US with the group he pulled behind him, ie across the central platform that spawns the golds, so of course we all die horribly. The healer is blasting other dps and myself in chat, then drops group. I try to get a whisper off to point out it was stupid dps' fault, but he's offline immediately. Then stupid dps quits, so we re-queue instead of having to drop group ourselves or kick anyone.

It's just SO MUCH XP at low levels. I can't help myself.

... I'm trying to push both myself and the group when playing. ...

I understand what you're trying to do. Similarly, when I first hit 50 on my Shadow, I tanked Flashpoints without guarding anyone specifically to practice managing aggro. And yet, I never once had conflict with any of the pugs I was in as I

a) Let the group know what I was doing.

and

b) Didn't ignore anyone.

It's simply good manners.

KDY.

2 Tanks, 1 rDPS and my Mara.

Me Tankin'.

No Aggroloss.

:eek::D

Having queued as tank/dps for kuat and been in both tank and dps stance with appropriate shield/generator, it seems to dump you in as a tank no matter what. So you can stay in dps stance and not respec to tank since it's Kuat. And then do lousy dps so that the mara tanks, I guess.

Or they queue in as one of two tanks and figure the other one will be tanking and just do lousy tank dps and somehow never use any abilities that generate any aggro. I honestly don't get it. I've gone in as a tank and if the dps pull, I don't even taunt immediately, just leap in, aoe, and I've got aggro.

Keep living that marauder tanking dream!

Why exactly you need taunt in rotation if there is no agro drop/tank swap mechanic on current boss?

You run fully 78 min maxed with set bonuses and tank is in 58/66s?

Because only big gear gap could make taunt needed ... otherwise after openers it has no place in rotation if there is no drop/swap at boss.

Pushing others over their wishes is same jerkiness as taunting from tank.

If you want challenge just form pre made and run under geared/try to solo them & so on... do not force your elitism over others.

Mobs on healer - seems that DD are even worst ... most ads/low health trash are DDs "job" by design.

But you still blame the tank (only).

With such mentality no wonder why community is falling apart.

1. Using a taunt in your rotation makes you a good tank, it would be the same thing if a marksman sniper never used follow through. Sure you could do it, but you're ****.

2. DPS should always push out as much dps as they can. Tanks should push out as much threat as they can. DPS should agro drop, tanks should taunt. What's there not to understand here? Even with a difference in gear level, half of being a good player is being situationally aware.

Someone called me once an "elitist"...

Now THAT an Elitist.

Learn, kids... And never do things like this guy. :cool:

I take it as a sign of accomplishment. I run my occasional DP/DF 16 SMs and Flashpoints for fun. I ignore dps and healers asking for guard and usually say nothing when I dps. It's up to the tanks to decide if they'll put a guard on someone, not some dps or healer.

About a week ago:

Cademimu HM: My 69/72 gear Sentinel, Shadowtank, Sage heals, and Gunslinger as another DPS

I get a tough that run won't be easy when I notice tank has under 20k HP. I inspect him and see he has <50 greens and no headpiece or gloves. Gunslinger either had so good gear, orange chest and boots 58 mods in these and Aim headpiece. Rest were Cunning greens.

First on Tank guards healer. She politely ask him to move guard to either me or GS. He guards this time Gunslinger and we start. First pull, no so big surprise I end up having enemies on me. Well I pop Rebuke and we move on, our excellent Sage keeps us up. We move to next group but instead of engaging tank stops and types "if Sentinel plays tank once more I'll kick her" "what?! I swear I didn't with purpose... " I type back. He answers "you have your tank stance on" and I had Juoy Form on. Sage leaves and so do I:o

2. DPS should always push out as much dps as they can. Tanks should push out as much threat as they can. DPS should agro drop, tanks should taunt. What's there not to understand here? Even with a difference in gear level, half of being a good player is being situationally aware.

Your primary job as DPS is to stay alive. Dead DPS is useless to any group no matter how well geared everyone else is.

Have anyone else noticed that there's currently a lot of people who select Need for everything and then doesn't even try to explain their decision?

Interesting to see that a number of the people posting about "weird" groups recently are the cause of a number of issues themselves by their out of sorts play style and misunderstanding of basic abilities. A tank who doesn't use taunt in rotation is just as bad as a DPS who never uses threat drop or defensive cooldowns.

Your primary job as DPS is to stay alive. Dead DPS is useless to any group no matter how well geared everyone else is.

Have anyone else noticed that there's currently a lot of people who select Need for everything and then doesn't even try to explain their decision?

Staying alive is part of doing the most dps that you can. Regardless, you should never hold back. That doesn't mean you shouldn't agro drop and use defensive cooldowns.

Interesting to see that a number of the people posting about "weird" groups recently are the cause of a number of issues themselves by their out of sorts play style and misunderstanding of basic abilities. A tank who doesn't use taunt in rotation is just as bad as a DPS who never uses threat drop or defensive cooldowns.

It's more akin to a DPS not using their specs signature ability in their rotation.

Edited by mastirkal

Just had Czerka Labs HM run with 4 Bounty Hunters, Pt tank, 2 Arsenal and my healer.

Seeing 4 Death From Above all togther almost made me cry :D (we were just *********** around on trash, don't get your panties in a twist over a healer using DfA:cool:)

It would mean less overall DPS you're putting out. Would that contradict with everything you've said?

Your question makes little sense in response to what I said. He said a tank who does taunt is like a dps who doesn't agro drop and use defensive cool downs. I said it's more akin to a dps not using their signature ability in their rotation. So again, your question doesn't make sense.

Primary job?

If one is talking about things a dps needs to pay attention to, it should include following the kill order, using interrupts, not standing in red circles, doing enough damage to beat an enrage timer, keeping adds off the healer, knowing when to use group buffs, etc.

If all my attention is on "saying alive" the group would suffer for it.

Primary job?

If one is talking about things a dps needs to pay attention to, it should include following the kill order, using interrupts, not standing in red circles, doing enough damage to beat an enrage timer, keeping adds off the healer, knowing when to use group buffs, etc.

If all my attention is on "saying alive" the group would suffer for it.

A DPS's primary job is to DPS.

I was taking my 55 Commando through KDY, specced for Assault at the time I think. Of course, because why not, the Shadow in the group was using a single saber. There is not enough WHY in the galaxy.

Oh also, on the starship assembly step after I explained the puzzle, someone started the assembly while I was still running around fixing stuff, so we had to fight the droids.