Patch 1.6 livestream Q&A notes & transcript

Iwipe

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, how many of the CE players... still play? There numbers were limited right from the start due to limited supplies, they do had dropoffs. Eventually that makes it less interesting for a company to keep developing stuff for them.

They can make it more meaningful by making the CE vendor a DDE vendor, as that pool can keep on growing. However, previous rewards for DDE players even suggested as being the same as CE never really picked up well either. Of the few CE players out there, there tends to be a high level of entitlement believing they ought to be treated as better customers because they paid more, without taking into account the extra physical products obtained.

So well yeh, if I were BioWare I'd simply pass on that too. Expand the CE vendor bit by bit by adding a few items with expansions, but nothing more really. I wouldn't be expecting any more than that if I were you either.

^I'm CE, but I don't care one way or another. I also don't feel entitlement to anything more. Sure it be nice, but there defiantly much higher priorities, but then again I was more intersted in the soudtrack and items, then the digital vendor.

I'm CE Four, checking in! :D

Edited by TheSeer

Usual BW crap and lies.... its something special, we cant talk about it, we didnt forgot about it, its on a wall of crazy... Nothing concrete, just eyewash. Im happy not buying their other games, if you know what i mean.

Mass Effect was a great series.. even knwo.. it's prob not the same bioware.. as EA is slapping BioWare on anythign these days.. but BioWare is losing its good name because of EA.

On the other hand the 9 week patch period leaves them 1.6 in december, and then the ilum thing in march/february, can they also fit in Makeb? They also stated we'd be testing Makeb with the character copy system. That would lead me to believe that its the patch following the ilum one.

If they aim to release 1.6 exactly 6 weeks after 1.5, it'll be on 27.XII, so I strongly doubt it. 9 week is more likely, but that would mean it'll be 19.I, so in theory it could be time for Ilum testing and release 6-8 weeks later.

But just look at 1.6. It gives new WZ and new gear for PvP, giving pvp players something to do for(relatively) long time. It has very little reason to stay on PTS. There is absolutely no reason to delay it for almost 2 more months.

And there is still this "pretty darn soon", which I refuse to believe means in 4 months. With 1.6 released in week or two they still have time to remove bigger bugs before holidays, and if they drop Makeb with character copy tool on PTS it not only gives something extra that people can do in those 9 weeks, but also plenty of time to find issues with it.

I guess we will see how it turns out "soon".

And there is still this "pretty darn soon", which I refuse to believe means in 4 months.

Soon is one of those words that means radically different things to different people, especially game developers. I've come to regard "soon" as "within the next decade, possibly sooner than that."

14. CE vendor, dead. We can now stop talking about it right? (Yeah right).

you all might want to reread #14. all he said was CE items will not be added to cartel shop. but seems many read it as he is saying no plans for any new CE stuff.

I need to point ou that if you're just reading the text, it's all somewhat summarized - not word for word transcript.

About the CE, I was actually watching the stream and it didn't look to me like they were saying it as a dead subject at all, just not a priority.

My first thoughts seeing this "That was fast." Props to dulfy for the quick info for the forumites.

Dulfy is teh Super Hero of the forum as far as I am concerned. Always on top of things, and always making life easier for all of us. :D

/Hugs Dulfy.

Barring some awesome surprise where Makeb is actually in 1.6

Given that Makeb is not on the 1.6 on the PTS, I'm doubting they're going to surprise us with it.

(I'm just imagining putting Makeb into production without any PTS testing. Trolololol.)

Given that Makeb is not on the 1.6 on the PTS, I'm doubting they're going to surprise us with it.

(I'm just imagining putting Makeb into production without any PTS testing. Trolololol.)

I very much agree, it would be very unexpected. It's HIGHLY unlikely, let's say that. At this point, I don't think we'll see Makeb till last week of Feb/first week of March range.

I need to point ou that if you're just reading the text, it's all somewhat summarized - not word for word transcript.

About the CE, I was actually watching the stream and it didn't look to me like they were saying it as a dead subject at all, just not a priority.

Dulfy's site has the full transcript, and the video.

Jeff: Let me take my business approach to that. From a business standpoint, the number of F2P players we being getting in the game is great. I wish I could give you a real number. If you are a brand new players to our game and you look at the restrictions as a F2Per, it is actually not too limiting because you don’t know what the non-restrictive players actually looks like. As a brand new F2Per, it feels pretty good but we are definitely listening from a design standpoint to everything you guys are saying – we are seeing the same thing: people are complaining about certain restrictions and how some are too restrictive.

Roll drums and you are... wrong!

Thing is you voluntarily omitting the fact that most players experienced others F2P MMO in which they don't have all these restrictions.

Then the popup keeps reminding people how limited they are in F2P as inviting them to pay for unlocks.

Also riddle me this:

• Why would people pay for a lackluster unify feature when they can have gear dyes for free in others F2P games?
  • Why would the same people pay to hide a head slot when they can hide many more gear slots for free elsewhere?
  • Same for titles, gear mods (appearance tabs), UI (vs free UI addons), porting (vs world porting)...

Edited by Deewe

They also said that transfers to PTS will be needed to test Makeb. So yeah, no surprising us with Makeb.

Roll drums and you are... wrong!

Thing is you voluntarily omitting the fact that most players experienced others F2P MMO in which they don't have all these restrictions.

Then the popup keeps reminding people how limited they are in F2P as inviting them to pay for unlocks.

Also riddle me this:

• Why would people pay for a lackluster unify feature when they can have gear dyes for free in others F2P games?
  • Why would the same people pay to hide a head slot when they can hide many more gear slots for free elsewhere?
  • Same for titles, gear mods (appearance tabs), UI (vs free UI addons), porting (vs world porting)...

To be fair, I know of a total of 15 people personally who are interested or are playing the game FTP and of those 15, only 5 of them have actually played an MMO period (although they all have played multiple). Those other 10 are the portion of potential players he refers to I believe and also the one of two major portions they are interested in netting into the game.

To be fair, I know of a total of 15 people personally who are interested or are playing the game FTP and of those 15, only 5 of them have actually played an MMO period (although they all have played multiple). Those other 10 are the portion of potential players he refers to I believe and also the one of two major portions they are interested in netting into the game.

Fair enough, let's say people like me are in the same position as you are.

For the people I care for, I'll redirect them to others better made F2P games, as long as the game isn't as good as those or cheaper.

Edited by Deewe