A serious issue for a PvP Die-Hard.

Smackethdown

I do not ever have enough credits. Plain and simple.

Right off the hop, I am not asking that every WZ gives 100k, mind you, I wouldn't complain if it did. I just need someone from PvP to allow us to make decent money.

I choose not to PvE. I have played MMO's for over 12 years and not that I have chosen SW:TOR as my favorite PvP system I would love to see this issue addressed.

I DO NOT WANT TO PVE. I have paid for this game and I should not have to.

I am at at endgame once again and back in the gear grind. This time have the same issue that I have always had. I cannot even afford a single top tier augment after leveling to 55. Yes, in time I will be able to buy they from only doing PvP but not nearly fast enough. No one like a real long grind and it turns you off of games. The gear is a bad enough grind, which I don't really mind, but have to run WZ's for months and months, to afford 10 augments, is absolutely ridiculous. The amount of increase we need is not even just a little, it is substantial. Find a way Bioware. Find a way. I realize that a large amount of the credits from PvE comes from selling items. Implement something new. A system where PvP'ers get MATS and items while PvP'ing. I really don't know the best suggestion, I just know that it doesn't work the way it is. Hopefully this post will bring viable ideas to the table.

If a raider decides to go do PvP it is because they choose to, for fun. Why am I forced to do a part of the game that I do not see as fun?

I will take any criticism (and free bumps) that are given because I have played these games long enough not to care. Post, comment, bump, troll, whatever you see fit just keep this alive and let's hope someone that matters sees it.

I won't even touch the issue of experience in PvP compared to PvE. Just MORE credits for PvP, somehow, PLEASE!

BW, stop hatin'

I don't want to PvE nor should I ever have to. Plain and simple.

EDIT: Let's keep this post alive where it has been an issue for a very very long time. Refrain from the million bolster threads because as much as bolster is messed up currently, it is a new issue and it will get fixed. We need BW to see this and at least give us their thoughts.

EDIT 2: The common reply from the PvE players seems to be that we should just use the GTN or go do dailies. Here is the thing. I am not posting complaining that there is absolutely no way to make credits. I am complaining that PvP players have no way to make any amount of credits thru PvP activity, where as the PvE players do. Yes, I choose not to craft all the time or use the GTN as much as I could BUT my issue is that a PvE player can get by without doing this at all. Dailies provide a huge amount of credits for the time it takes to do them. Why don't we have the same option?

And yes, I DO the dailies when I really have to but I absolutely despise the mindless PvE content, aside from the fact I am being forced to do it.

EDIT 3: Before people post about how to make credits one of the obvious ways that we already know, refer to the OP. This isn't saying there is no way to make credits at all. It is saying there is not sufficient credits from doing PvP. No matter what anyone comes on here are says about crafting, dailies, GTN or anything else, this still remains ture and IS an issue, whether you would like it to be or not.

I may be starting to sound like a broken record with the edits but the new posts are all of the same irrelevant fashion as well.

Edited by Smackethdown

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO

1) level 50 pvp gear should available equal to the campaign stuff

2) more pvp quests including open world kills that reward credits, exp and comms

3) a bit of an exp increase for warzones, they seem way low compared to PvE from 50 to 55

Use your crew skills, best of bad options, but you can send them out while you're PvPing and then sell the items on the GTN. You could also use your cartel coin allotment to buy the in vogue item and sell it for credits as well. I really think they should just up the credits on the PvP daily/weekly though, or give us more PvP daily/weeklies.

I choose not to PvE.

Thats why you are broke.

I DO NOT WANT TO PVE.

Too bad, stay broke then.

Do daily's and weekly's and make money, or suffer being broke.

It's that simple.

Or you could make alts, make crafting classes, and use the market.

Either way work is involved on your end.

Edited by Caeliux

You don' have to PvP just like you don't have to wear augs or use stims. If you expect to be able to afford stims and augs/kits from just PvP then I don't know what to tell you.

I expect just that. I actually buy random cartel market stuff and sell it on the gtn to get creds for crafting, but i shouldn't have to imo.

You don' have to PvP just like you don't have to wear augs or use stims. If you expect to be able to afford stims and augs/kits from just PvP then I don't know what to tell you.

Though, to be viable in PvP you need them, and who doesn't want to be? so you kind of do NEED to PvE if you want to be worth while in PvP.

EDIT: Credit, XP, Valor and Commendation gains should definitely be based off valor rank. It's the only way to provide those of us that PvP a lot with a fair advantage over people who just want to wz for cash (look at what happened to stabs). For those that got lucky enough to farm valor rank on Ilum, can count themselves lucky I guess.

Edited by Jayshames

I do agree that the reward for completing a pvp match and the amount of credits you earn from the weekly/daily need to be upped dramatically.

The comment I never understood is people such as the OP stating that they feel they need to PVE to stay competitive in pvp. I earned money reselling underpriced items on the GTN, I also send my companions out on missions to gather materials or craft to upgrade my gear or sell it on the GTN. I have made millions with crew skills without ever having to go out to pve to farm mats. People need to stop being lazy and maximize their income. It takes almost zero effort to send companions out to gather mats and craft items.

I do agree that the reward for completing a pvp match and the amount of credits you earn from the weekly/daily need to be upped dramatically.

The comment I never understood is people such as the OP stating that they feel they need to PVE to stay competitive in pvp. I earned money reselling underpriced items on the GTN, I also send my companions out on missions to gather materials or craft to upgrade my gear or sell it on the GTN. I have made millions with crew skills without ever having to go out to pve to farm mats. People need to stop being lazy and maximize their income. It takes almost zero effort to send companions out to gather mats and craft items.

We have a winner!

I do not ever have enough credits. Plain and simple.

Right off the hop, I am not asking that every WZ gives 100k, mind you, I wouldn't complain if it did. I just need someone from PvP to allow us to make decent money.

I choose not to PvE. I have played MMO's for over 12 years and not that I have chosen SW:TOR as my favorite PvP system I would love to see this issue addressed.

I DO NOT WANT TO PVE. I have paid for this game and I should not have to.

I am at at endgame once again and back in the gear grind. This time have the same issue that I have always had. I cannot even afford a single top tier augment after leveling to 55. Yes, in time I will be able to buy they from only doing PvP but not nearly fast enough. No one like a real long grind and it turns you off of games. The gear is a bad enough grind, which I don't really mind, but have to run WZ's for months and months, to afford 10 augments, is absolutely ridiculous. The amount of increase we need is not even just a little, it is substantial. Find a way Bioware. Find a way. I realize that a large amount of the credits from PvE comes from selling items. Implement something new. A system where PvP'ers get MATS and items while PvP'ing. I really don't know the best suggestion, I just know that it doesn't work the way it is. Hopefully this post will bring viable ideas to the table.

If a raider decides to go do PvP it is because they choose to, for fun. Why am I forced to do a part of the game that I do not see as fun?

I will take any criticism (and free bumps) that are given because I have played these games long enough not to care. Post, comment, bump, troll, whatever you see fit just keep this alive and let's hope someone that matters sees it.

I won't even touch the issue of experience in PvP compared to PvE. Just MORE credits for PvP, somehow, PLEASE!

BW, stop hatin'

I don't want to PvE nor should I ever have to. Plain and simple.

You know i was talking about the EXACT same thing over the last few days.

You can make SOOOO much more credits doin an hour of pve than you can doin 8 hours of PVP.

It's beyond a joke.

Thats why you are broke.

Too bad, stay broke then.

Do daily's and weekly's and make money, or suffer being broke.

It's that simple.

Or you could make alts, make crafting classes, and use the market.

Either way work is involved on your end.

This isn't necessary. PvE is not for everyone, just like pvp isn't for everyone. And they don't operate that way. Why should a player not receive sufficient spending money to progress along their chosen path? Why should either side (pvp or pve) be compelled into the other half of the game in order to compete where they want too?

This issue really annoys me. Prior to patch 1.2 you could make decent money PvPing. Nothing game breaking (it certainly wasn't as good as the money you could make doing your dailies every day), but you weren't constantly broke if you only PvP'd in this game. Now you pretty much have to do either PvE dailies or some sort of crafting/GTN wizardry to make money in this game.

My point is this: It was absolutely fine when you could make decent (but not amazing) money PvP'ing and, as far as I can tell, there's no solid reason why PvP credits were nerfed so hard.

Edited by TheHeat

Exactly.

I have no idea how so many PVPers are constantly complaining about being broke.

Do crew skills while you pvp. Sell the crafted items or mats. Make lots of credits. Its not hard. You dont have to do any PVE at all to make good credits if you dont want. You dont even have to leave the fleet. Its so simple. I make several hundred thousand a day just by doing crew skills while I PVP. All you have to do is just once in a while make a few clicks here and there...

Exactly.

I have no idea how so many PVPers are constantly complaining about being broke.

Do crew skills while you pvp. Sell the crafted items or mats. Make lots of credits. Its not hard. You dont have to do any PVE at all to make good credits if you dont want. You dont even have to leave the fleet. Its so simple. I make several hundred thousand a day just by doing crew skills while I PVP. All you have to do is just once in a while make a few clicks here and there...

Those crew skills are open to all aspects of the game NOT just pvp.

So again it comes down to PVE getting more rewards than PVP. Like i said, go do an hours worth of PVE with running crew skills (If you want) then do an hours worth of PVP, compare the difference and then come back here and tell me it's a fair deal.

/cheers

Edited by Scotland

So again it comes down to PVE getting more rewards than PVP. Like i said, go do an hours worth of PVE with running crew skills (If you want) then do an hours worth of PVP, compare the difference and then come back here and tell me it's a fair deal.

/cheers

/winner

With a 4 man group, I could almost knockout the Black Hole/Section X Dailies in 1 hour...(minus maybe the heroics)...and earn 500x more credits than I could in PvP lol.

/cheers

Yeah but in PvE your gear is getting damaged as well as your companion so there are costs associated with fighting in the open world. In PvP you suffer no penalties to your gear when you die, nor does it become damaged. I know while leveling in Makeb my trash drops I sold roughly broke even with my repair costs. With crew skills and using my extra comms on credit boxes I never have a problem with money.

I also hate PvE, just playing devil's advocate here.

Edited by scraycroft

Yeah but in PvE your gear is getting damaged as well as your companion so there are costs associated with fighting in the open world. In PvP you suffer no penalties to your gear when you die, nor does it become damaged. I know while leveling in Makeb my trash drops I sold roughly broke even with my repair costs. With crew skills and using my extra comms on credit boxes I never have a problem with money.

I also hate PvE, just playing devil's advocate here.

The costs of repairing gear compared to what you're earning is not even worth mentioning tbh.

However, remove the companion from the equation, and grab a 4 man group (just like a 4 man premade for WZ's)...and the damage is even more irrelevant. Point is, you could do maybe 4-5 WZ's in 1 hour (start to finish), and make a sad amount of credits. You could do a crap ton of quests/dailies/etc via PvE in 1 hour, and make a boat load. For those who use PvP as their only end game content, with prices out of control for augments, ripping out mods, etc...it's not even optimal to only PvP to keep current on progressing. I've bitten the bullet and started doing quests/dailies, but I'd much rather get an honest pay for my end game content much like those who PvE for theirs.

It's a pretty clear disparity. LEt's break it down:

- At the end of a WZ I get like 5-6k creds. A WZ takes about 15-20 mins unless you get rolled/roll the other team in HB.

- At the end of a daily you can get 7-11k. One daily takes about 5 minutes. Secton X dailies take longer but they pay more and are more group oriented anyway.

- The BH dailies can net you around 70-90k. A 4 man group can have all of them including the Heroic done in about 20-30 mins. I did all the dailies in BH minus the heroic the other day on my Vanguard solo w/ no companion in 20 mins.

- The PvP daily can take an hour to an hour and a half if you lose all 4 WZ's (it happens, I PUG a lot. My baller *** guildmates are off sending Soa to yet another untimely end while I be a wall ornament on the fleet). The daily gives you 10k.

- There is like a million PvE dailies. There are daily area quests, FP dailies, Op dailies and all of them have a weekly as well.

- We got 2. Sort of. I can't do the weekly on my Commando since 2.0 dropped.

I am not going to include crafting or crew skills or whatever in to this argument becasue to em those exist outside of a PvE/PvP designation. No matter what you do you can do those so it doesn't factor in to why PvE players have more creds. Gear damage is negligible. If you are dying doing dailies you deserve to pay for it. I am not going to factor in buying CC crap and selling it either. I have no use for cartel packs so I don't buy them. I'd rather spend my monthly coins on Legacy perks I can't afford otherwise because I'm a broke PvPer.

Edited by Capt_Beers

As a Hardcore PvPer, Why did the OP not Reverse Engineer his Armorings/Mods for Molecular stabs back in 1.7 and made tons of credits? As a hardcore PvPer, you should be using cybertech grenades, so you should have Cybertech crew skill. ;)

As a Hardcore PvPer, Why did the OP not Reverse Engineer his Armorings/Mods for Molecular stabs back in 1.7 and made tons of credits? As a hardcore PvPer, you should be using cybertech grenades, so you should have Cybertech crew skill. ;)

This sin't helping. Saying "You can make creds by PvPing! Just stop PVPing for a second and head to the GTN and sell mats/stabs/your body blah blah blah." These options are available to any player, even the weirdos that do space mission(I kid). The probelm is that when PvPers do these other people are doing them as well. Except PvPers are being paid minimum wage in WZ's and PvE'ers are making a fortune in half the time.

So far everyone in this thread has said you can make credits by being a PvPer by doing things that aren't PvP. I want to make a satisfactory amount of credits (I don't need to be rich, but when I want an aug or mat or something on the GTN I shouldn't sigh and load into Corellia) playing the game.

I'm going to define playing the game as "Using my characters abilities and talents to defeat an opponent (Computer controlled or Player controlled) and achieve a goal." If you can please show me a way to earn a fair (fair being relative to how much PvE players earn for their time) amount of credits doing that by doing PvP it would be great.

Edited by Capt_Beers